Would You Like To Try And Review One Of Our Pens For Free?

Carl Fisher - F3 Pens

Good morning FPN!

I'm looking to send two of my pens out into the wild for demo and review by experienced members of our FPN community. I realize that I'm relatively unknown to the user base and I'm looking to change that with a little help from you.

I'm currently looking for a handful of people that would be willing to receive one of the two pens below and here is what I would like to see.

- You MUST have over 100 posts on FPN to be considered

- Ink the pen up with your favorite ink and spend up to one week getting to know it

- Provide an honest written review on FPN with permission to use on my website as well

- Flush the pen so it's clean for the next person

- Either return it to me or send it out to the next person on the list to evaluate

I'll cover all shipping expenses and there is no cost to you. After one week, simply safely repack it into the box it arrived in, place a label that I email you over top of the old one, and drop it in the mailbox.

All I ask is that you treat the pen kindly so it eventually makes it back into my hands in good condition to be cleaned up and sold.

The nib choice may vary slightly from when the pictures were taken. I use an interchangeable JoWo nib which allows easy exchange of any of their lineup. Currently I can ship out the pens with either a F or M nib as those are the nibs I currently have in stock and ready to go.

Both pens are from our Hemingway model lineup. They will both come with a converter installed. If you use a cartridge, please remember to place the converter back in the box. The cappuccino swirl is one of the latest ones off the lathe and has a nice soft satin sheen to the material. The celebration cebloplast is a beautiful polished vintage cebloplast and currently does not have a clip as I'm leaving the option open for a roll stopper or a clip at a new owners request.

Message me if you are interested. Right now I'm going to limit this to 3 people per pen just so I can keep tabs on both and provide a checkpoint to get the pen back into my hands.

Thank you.

Carl Fisher - Fisher of Pens

Pen #1 - Cappuccino Swirl (clip)

Pen #2 - Celebration Cebloplast (no clip)

post-85626-0-49348000-1420811035_thumb.jpg

post-85626-0-20492300-1420811045_thumb.jpg

post-85626-0-54833100-1420811080_thumb.jpg

post-85626-0-04592300-1420811085_thumb.jpg

Carl Fisher - Owner and chief artisan at F3 Pens

https://bio.site/f3pens

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carl Fisher - F3 Pens

• inkstainedruth

• mitto

• Mullen88

Yeah, that is a pretty pen.

Sure, I'd be game to beta test, although next week is a little crazy for me.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

ernestcow, thanks for the kind words :)

Ruth, please drop me a private message with your info so I can get you on the list.

For anyone else interested, I've had a few interested parties in PM as well so this is great response so far!

If you are interested, please send me a message including the following:

Real Name

Email address

Phone Number

Mailing address

And which pen you are interested in reviewing.

I'm going to try to organize shipping by location with no more than 3 legs for each pen before returning to me. Doing this allows me to keep it from spending half it's life crisscrossing the country with USPS and more quality time in your hands.

Thanks!

I'm based in the wrong country to volunteer to be part of this - but can I just say, Carl, that I think this is a great idea! Will look forward to seeing the reviews as they (hopefully) start appearing on FPN, and wish you all the best.

I'd be thrilled to send it overseas as I've sold quite a few pens to FP users in the UK, but $24 each way for international shipping is rough on the wallet this go around.

Maybe somewhere down the road I can line up a few in the land down under around you and make one trip around the block but we'll have to see how this first round goes.

Edited by Carl Fisher

Beautiful pens, especially the Cappuccino Swirl. I really like the way it looks. It would be nice to give it a test run, but I'm just too busy right now. Maybe another time.

Completely understandable but thanks for the kind words :)

Right now it looks like the Cappuccino will go out with a Fine point nib and the Celebration will go out with a Medium point nib. Please keep that in mind when you make your selection.

When we sell these however, we can include any of the following nibs: EF, F, M, B, 1.1, 1.5 with a little bit of lead time.

I'd be thrilled to send it overseas as I've sold quite a few pens to FP users in the UK, but $24 each way for international shipping is rough on the wallet this go around.

Maybe somewhere down the road I can line up a few in the land down under around you and make one trip around the block but we'll have to see how this first round goes.

I completely understand.

However, should the wallet grow a little in the near future, it would be an honour to be considered here in London, UK.

Best of luck. Can't wait to start reading the reviews . . .

Right now I have 2 confirmed who have sent me all of their information and 2 more that have expressed interest that I'm waiting on pen selection and mailing information.

That leaves room for 2 more total, but I don't know the pen distribution yet until I hear back from the 2 currently pending.

Thanks for the great response so far!

Yeah, that is a pretty pen.

Sure, I'd be game to beta test, although next week is a little crazy for me.

Ruth would be a great reviewer. I bought a Neon Coral Lamy due to her review of it! :)

I'm looking forward to a review from her :) Just waiting for details from her on which pen and shipping.

I'm looking forward to everyone's reviews honestly. How else can I improve my art without critical feedback from my target audience.

I was tempted to have a go at what would have been my first ever review of a pen - so probably not the best person to do it on reflection - but, being half way round the world...

Anyway, luscious looking pens there. It'll be interesting to see them reviewed by others.

Beautiful pen Carl. I would love to review the pen, however I am based out of India and as you said the postage would take its toll. I think you should offer a 'buy in' option where you offer the pen at build cost for overseas reviews. That way, you would get a neutral (or global) viewpoint and it won't hit your pocket as well.

Secondly the sampling pie would be bigger and you would be able to break down multiple pros and cons into definite pointers

Amazing pens, would love to have fun with them. Specially the first one.
Dang hefty postage charges.. (I can cover India-US/Elsewhere shipping if you are game ;) )

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

Ruth would be a great reviewer. I bought a Neon Coral Lamy due to her review of it! :)

Nope, that wouldn't have been me. I don't have any Lamy pens.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ok, it looks like we're set with 3 for each pen. I'll get shipping order organized later today when I have a chance and let everyone know what to expect.

Thank you all and I'm looking forward to the feedback both good and bad, although I'm hoping for more good than bad :D