The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stationary Stores In France?

france supply wheretobuy buy

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OdinsMusings

OdinsMusings

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:54

Yes, I am aware I can use Google, however I would like to hear opinions and reviews from people who possibly have visited and experienced places firsthand.

I have a friend who lives in Paris and I am going to be sending her a small fountain pen kit. If the addiction kicks in, I'm sure she would love to visit the local stationary stores to get supplied. Besides, she is going to need a syringe to refill her cartridges, and I don't think customs would look too kindly on me sending one overseas...

Are there any recommendations people could give?

Jack of all trades, master of none. For now. Just give me a minute...

Twitter~ @OdinsMusings

I do absurd pen and ink reviews at: https://www.youtube....er/odinsmusings

Sponsored Content

#2 Rocket1

Rocket1

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2015 - 22:36

Melodies graphiques in the marais district.
CHECK OUT MA BLOG! www.inkredibleblog.wordpress.com

#3 OdinsMusings

OdinsMusings

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2015 - 22:46

Thank you very much!

Twitter~ @OdinsMusings

#4 eseyman

eseyman

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:23

I go to Lancryer (34 rue de Lancry).

Excellant advice and a healthy choice of pens and inks.

#5 whitedot

whitedot

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:52

Mora Stylos

7 Rue de Tournon, 75006 Paris, France
+33 1 43 54 99 19

#6 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:48

Mora is a pen shop, not a stationary shop. Although it is worth visiting, of course.

Skripta -68 Rue du Cardinal Lemoine - 75015

Papeterie Saint Sabin - 16, Rue Saint Sabin - 75011 

Styl'Honoré (Mr Arabian is a very nice person) - 1, Rue du Marché Saint-Honoré - 75001

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#7 Simius

Simius

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:03

Mora is a pen shop, not a stationary shop. Although it is worth visiting, of course.

Skripta -68 Rue du Cardinal Lemoine - 75015

Papeterie Saint Sabin - 16, Rue Saint Sabin - 75011 

Styl'Honoré (Mr Arabian is a very nice person) - 1, Rue du Marché Saint-Honoré - 75001

I'd like to echo the recommendation for Papeterie Saint Sabin. It's in my neighborhood, and carries Lamy, Pelikan, Waterman, Caran d"Ache, Yard-o-Led, Graf von.., Aurora, and a few other brands of FPs. There's a very decent collection of stationery, folders, inks, and other writing stuff. They'll give you a 20% discount across the board, and more if you talk to them nicely. BTW, as my wife would testify, they also carry a very nice selection of handbags etc (Mignon, Groom and other hard to find but quintessentially French brands). I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Mora Stylos gets rave reviews in this forum for what they carry and for their service. Unfortunately, I've never had good experiences with them. On the three occasions in the last 7 years that I've dealt with him, I've found M. Mora to be cold, impersonal - and on the last occasion - downright hostile. I guess I'm not their type of customer.

There are many other very nice stores around the Opera area. Plume et Bille (rue de l'Arcade, I think) and Opera Stylos (don't remember the name of the street) are worth a visit.

#8 eseyman

eseyman

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:19

Note that Cardinal Lemoine is in the 5th arrondissement, not the 15th

#9 amk

amk

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,070 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:37

I have popped in to Papeterie du Dome a couple of times, on Boulevard Montparnasse and ten minutes' walk from Montparnasse railway station (where we catch the train to Houdan). Its prices might be a tad high but the lady there really does know her inks (recommended me Herbin rose cyclamen and Diabolo menthe as I asked for nice bright inks, and has a good selection of Iroshizuku as well), there's a lot of stationery and also a tray full of pens just in case you are tempted.

I must admit I have had similar experience to Simius - I found the lady in Mora Stylos very nice - M. Mora himself a little distant. Perhaps they play nice cop nasty cop :-) I will definitely see if I can pop into Papeterie Saint Sabin and Styl'Honore some time.

Edited by amk, 12 January 2015 - 10:38.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

#10 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,779 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:49

You might enjoy this piece.

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#11 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:24

Note that Cardinal Lemoine is in the 5th arrondissement, not the 15th

Absolutely! Thank you for correcting.

Mora Stylos gets rave reviews in this forum for what they carry and for their service. Unfortunately, I've never had good experiences with them. On the three occasions in the last 7 years that I've dealt with him, I've found M. Mora to be cold, impersonal - and on the last occasion - downright hostile. I guess I'm not their type of customer.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you.

My saying it was worth visiting the store, is only because of the enormous variety of pens and models one can see there, not at all for the inexistent warm welcoming (reserved only to a few chosen ones).

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#12 OdinsMusings

OdinsMusings

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:51

Wow! Thank  you guys so much for the feedback! I sent my friend a Jinhao x750 and a J. Herbin Air sample pack. I will be sure to direct her to some of these places after she gets them~

Twitter~ @OdinsMusings

#13 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,779 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:35

The title of this thread reminds me of a notice seen in a London Department store and reported in the newspaper:

"The Stationary Department has Moved"

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#14 J_MM

J_MM

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 17:16

I was surpirsed at the selection of pens and paper in the department store BHV, right across from Hotel de Ville.

#15 strictlyobiter

strictlyobiter

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 17:35

I'd like to echo the recommendation for Papeterie Saint Sabin. It's in my neighborhood, and carries Lamy, Pelikan, Waterman, Caran d"Ache, Yard-o-Led, Graf von.., Aurora, and a few other brands of FPs. There's a very decent collection of stationery, folders, inks, and other writing stuff. They'll give you a 20% discount across the board, and more if you talk to them nicely. BTW, as my wife would testify, they also carry a very nice selection of handbags etc (Mignon, Groom and other hard to find but quintessentially French brands). I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

I will be staying nearby next week and I will be sure to pay a visit after reading your little review. Thanks!

#16 EricaTX

EricaTX

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:20

Great topic.  I'm heading over to Paris in June and I'd love to pick up something while over there.

#17 _R_

_R_

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 23:17

-> I second that thoroughly!

Mélodies Graphiques, 10 rue du Pont Louis-Philippe, Paris 4.

and another one: L'Ecritoire, 61 r. St Martin, not far from the Pompidou Centre.

Nothing but good times and empty wallets after visiting those places!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: france, supply, wheretobuy, buy

Sponsored Content

|