Fpn Inks - Good News!

wimg

All the orders are packaged and out of my office. Hooray!!!

Now, you may want to look inside the packaging sheet (directly behind the postage / mailing label) - I've tried to write a note for each person. (If I didn't note the inks, they were mixes, but the most recent inks were MB Pink and Harry Potter Purple).

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/jekkala1/tumblr_lnktpxxhNc1qj9xu0.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• RMN

• amberleadavis

• Last Knight

Ah... :wub:

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm late to this party, but I still want to dance. Any idea how many bottles remain? I ask because I won't be in a position to spend money on them for another month, at least.

(Sorry if it's a dumb question, easily answered - I'm on the road and accessing this via my mobile device and a dodgy data connection - just ignore the question of I can find out for myself in a few days' time).

We are still in good shape. Take care.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It seems like members now buying these inks are 'ordinary' members rather than supporters. Is that correct?

Edited it seems 'ordinary' members can now buy them, but as they are shipped from the US it's very expensive for UK members. I got my order through to the payment page then cancelled it when I saw how much the shipping was.

Edited by Chrissy

Yes, that is correct. We haven't announced this officially yet, as we have approached the people who wanted to order a while ago, when we couldn't deliver at the time, first., which we thought was no more than fair. In a few days time we will make the official announcement.

Shipping is expensive indeed, but we do only charge actual cost, and don't even ask for a PayPal contribution. I think that if you'd want to keep it as economic as possible, you'd have to order 6 bottles, or multiples of 6 bottles, as we can ship up to 6 bottles for that cost of shipping. You would have to add the extra insurance ($1.40) for inks totalling $50 or more, however, as we already have seen how packages are sometimes treated sometimes. Maybe you could share the shipping costs with a few fellow FPN members in your area?

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Good to hear that some of us will soon be happily writing with these lovely inks. Sadly, as much as I would like to help support FPN, the price per bottle is prohibitive for me, so I won't be buying any. :( I will continue to live vicariously by gazing at writing samples of the FPN inks that have been/will be shared here. :)

Holly

Yes, that is correct. We haven't announced this officially yet, as we have approached the people who wanted to order a while ago, when we couldn't deliver at the time, first., which we thought was no more than fair. In a few days time we will make the official announcement.

Shipping is expensive indeed, but we do only charge actual cost, and don't even ask for a PayPal contribution. I think that if you'd want to keep it as economic as possible, you'd have to order 6 bottles, or multiples of 6 bottles, as we can ship up to 6 bottles for that cost of shipping. You would have to add the extra insurance ($1.40) for inks totalling $50 or more, however, as we already have seen how packages are sometimes treated sometimes. Maybe you could share the shipping costs with a few fellow FPN members in your area?

HTH, warm regards, Wim

I think I will pass and let other members buy them. I can buy as much ink as I need, cheaply enough, here in the UK

I've packaged it multiple ways, the best shipping buy is 6 bottles which I send in a Flat Rate USPS Priority mailer.

I think I will pass and let other members buy them. I can buy as much ink as I need, cheaply enough, here in the UK

Chrissy, no one said it was cheap, but exclusive and very nice ink as well.... If all that is of no importance, or if you have other inks that satisfy your inky needs, then buying these inks would be silly.

Just buy a few bottles of Waterman ink, and donate the difference to FPN.... :P :rolleyes:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Happy birthday to me! Just ordered my bottle of Van Gogh Starry Night Blue, a nice birthday gift to myself!

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday.

Thanks Amberlea! Looking forward to the ink!

Edited by JimCouch

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

Happy birthday to me! Just ordered my bottle of Van Gogh Starry Night Blue, a nice birthday gift to myself!

Indeed happy Birthday, .................you could do much worse on a present.....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

A tiny sample bought from ebay that I stupidly knocked over and lost most of. Test was done by mopping up spill and dipping pen nib in aforementioned spill.

Delighted that this may well see the light of day again (and that I'm being given another sample soon :) )

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_starry_night_swatch.jpg

A very resourceful "save" after the spill. I'd be glad to send you a couple of samples if you send a PM (personal message) with a mailing address. I have a whole bottle if Starry Night (sans about 3 pen refills.) Lots left to share.

~~~Thérèse

PM sent. Thanks for your seriously kind offer :)

I really like this ink and know I'll want a whole bottle to play with so am now saving up for one to be sent to me in the UK and also a small KWZI purchase. :rolleyes:

Slightly late to the show, but yes, happy birthday! And as Dick said, you could indeed have done a lot worse :D. It is a great ink, which I have loaded in 2 of the 6 pens I always carry around :).

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever