Group Buy By The Ml: Diamine, Montblanc, And Noodler's Fph Exclusive Inks

Davros

I’d like to offer a Group Buy, but with small volumes. I’m thinking of placing two orders for the end of January: one from Diamine (or possibly Cult Pens), and one from Fountain Pen Hospital. Let me know how much you would want of which inks, and if enough people want enough of an ink to complete a bottle, I can guarantee you a vial with exactly the amount of ink you want without having to get a whole bottle.

Unfortunately, I’ve got a limited budget, so if I can’t make up a full bottle’s worth, I can’t make any promises. I will add as many inks with partial requests as I can, and you’ll get first dibs on the amount you want.

The focus for the order from the UK is Diamine ink. That potentially includes their full “regular” line, as well as the 150th Celebration Inks, the Music Set inks, and the Flower set inks. If I go via Cult Pens, the Deep Dark series becomes a possibility as well. Pricing is a bit of a catch-22: there *might* be a discount on shipping at a certain level, but they need to know how many bottles I’m buying, and it’s hard to know how many bottles will be bought without pricing info. My guess is that the normal Diamine inks will be ~12-13 cents/ml, depending on order size, the Music/Flower set inks will be ~19-20 cents/ml, and the 150th Anniversary Inks will be ~28-29 cents/ml.

The focus of the Fountain Pen Hospital inks is Montblanc and the FPH exclusive Noodler’s inks. If there’s another ink with a lot of interest that would be great. Shipping prices depend on order size, but the normally priced Montblanc inks will probably be ~35 cents/ml, and the Noodler’s ~15 cents/ml.

Normal costs for vials (24 cents for each 5 ml and 37 cents for each 30 ml vial) and shipping would apply.

So take a look at the Diamine inks and the Fountain Pen Hospital Site, and then let me know what you’re interested in. There’s a form here and here with the ink options.

I’m going to try to put in the order at the end of the month – not before the 25th, and probably more like the 31st.

Orders should start going out mid-February if everything goes well: no customs issues or blizzards or illness or work crises anywhere between here and the UK for the next month. You know what, let’s say orders might start going out the end of February.

As some of you know, I’m also selling ink at cost in smallish volumes. (Classified ad with details is here.)

Edit: Made links go to the right place.

Edited by Davros

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ambien

• drwright

• Davros

• Bill P

So is this Group Buy only for small sample vials, OR can we also purchase full bottles at a discount from normal pricing?

I have had a couple bad experiences shipping glass when it's cold. I could ship the little plastic bottles, or fill multiple vials, but neither Diamine nor Noodler's have proven especially frost-hardy.

Good luck and I've sent in a form as I'd been curious about the Diamine sets but not sure if I wanted to commit to all of them at once :)

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

I'm definitely interested at least in Noodler's Manhattan Blue. I've had my eye on a bottle of that for a long time, but couldn't stomach the high shipping cost for a single bottle of ink from FPH. I'll send a form after I see if there are any other inks I'm interested in.

I'm definitely interested at least in Noodler's Manhattan Blue. I've had my eye on a bottle of that for a long time, but couldn't stomach the high shipping cost for a single bottle of ink from FPH. I'll send a form after I see if there are any other inks I'm interested in.

Indeed S&H is a bit pricey but still cheaper than going down to the city myself ;)

However, I do want to see the store in-person because it's one of the few big FP/stationers left in NYC.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

I submitted a form for Noodler's Manhattan Blue. I'd also be interested in J. Herbin Rouge Hematite, which FPH sells. Any other interest on this ink? I'd probably be interested in about half a bottle.

Cheers,

Dan