Fun Caption Comp. Pif. 3 Dollar Pens To Give Away.

Ian the Jock

Hi all.

I recently placed an order for leather footballs with my supplier in Pakistan, and decided to push my luck.

I cajoled him into agreeing to send me some fountain pens from Pakistan if I sent him extra money with the payment for my footballs.

When my footballs arrived there were 4 pens included ( with the money I gave him, he definately did better from the deal than I did).

One was a Dollar demonstrator, which I have inked up and used quite a few times, and although at the bottom end of the fountain pen scale, it is well made, and writes well with a fine-ish line and I have kept this for myself.

The other 3, I am giving away in my first pif.

A Dollar SP10 in Fetching purple (plunger fill)

A Dollar SP10 IN Salmon pink (plunger fill)

and a Dux 868 (squeeze fill) with a hooded nib.

post-117767-0-57007000-1420553175_thumb.jpg

They seem pretty robust and would be ideal fun pens for practicing, school use, or just to have "another different pen".

I'll post the pens to any location at all, by the cheapest method, except the UK, where I will send 1st class.

There is, however, a catch.............isn't there always.

Just as a bit of fun,

This pif will take the form of a caption competition. :D

So

If you want one of the pens, or even if you don't, have a go anyway. Just give us your best undergarment dampening caption to go with the photo below.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be determined by the "laugh out loud meter" and the funniest will have their choice of pen, 2nd funniest-2nd choice etc.

So. Go on. have a go, it'll be good for a laugh.

I'll leave it t'il next Tuesday (13th) when I'll put up the winners and their captions.

And, by the way, the dogs' name is Hannah if it helps.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Ian

post-117767-0-71315600-1420552764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian the Jock

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian the Jock

• bluebend

• ScienceChick

• Ambrose Bierce

" Well, you said that after Hogmanay you'd need some hair-of-the-dog so I thought................"

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present

" Well, you did say that I should leave my past behind... "

-C.D

Favorite Ink and Pen Combinations:

Monteverde Jewelria in Fine with Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Jinhao x450 with a Goulet X-Fine Nib with Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Lamy Al-Star BlueGreen in Extra Fine with Parker Quink Black

Pilot Metropolitan in Medium with Parker Quink Black

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Hannah worried she might have got the camouflage coat too close a colour to the wood floor - Daisy had already been stepped on once or twice.

Hi all.

I recently placed an order for leather footballs with my supplier in Pakistan, and decided to push my luck.

I cajoled him into agreeing to send me some fountain pens from Pakistan if I sent him extra money with the payment for my footballs.

When my footballs arrived there were 4 pens included ( with the money I gave him, he definately did better from the deal than I did).

One was a Dollar demonstrator, which I have inked up and used quite a few times, and although at the bottom end of the fountain pen scale, it is well made, and writes well with a fine-ish line and I have kept this for myself.

The other 3, I am giving away in my first pif.

A Dollar SP10 in Fetching purple (plunger fill)

A Dollar SP10 IN Salmon pink (plunger fill)

and a Dux 868 (squeeze fill) with a hooded nib.

DSCF3330.JPG

They seem pretty robust and would be ideal fun pens for practicing, school use, or just to have "another different pen".

I'll post the pens to any location at all, by the cheapest method, except the UK, where I will send 1st class.

There is, however, a catch.............isn't there always.

Just as a bit of fun,

This pif will take the form of a caption competition. :D

So

If you want one of the pens, or even if you don't, have a go anyway. Just give us your best undergarment dampening caption to go with the photo below.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be determined by the "laugh out loud meter" and the funniest will have their choice of pen, 2nd funniest-2nd choice etc.

So. Go on. have a go, it'll be good for a laugh.

I'll leave it t'il next Tuesday (13th) when I'll put up the winners and their captions.

And, by the way, the dogs' name is Hannah if it helps.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Ian

caption.JPG

"Here's the "exotic" fur rug you wanted! But smaller than it looked online"

Sorry, not terribly creative.

im not sure I understand the question or don't understand foreign wording sorry ....so I guess I don't get to enter .

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet:

Hahahaha Brilliant. :lol:

Keep em coming.

Just a note

There is no limit to the amount of entries you have

You can have as many go's as you like.

Cheers

Ian

No I haven't seen the cat..... Why do you ask?

I am the artist formally known as Ambrose Bierce (I recently changed my username from that). If you love me you'll check out my blog http://fpinkgeek.blogspot.com/ or follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Fp_Ink_Geek :D

No I haven't seen the cat..... Why do you ask?

Lol!!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

"Whatever could have possibly happened to my teddy bear?" Hannah said innocently with her signature large puppy dog eyes.

These are all great :lol:

Having a good chuckle to myself. :D

Ian

Hannah was not amused when she found the voodoo doll

My pens: Penny the Penmanship, Dot the Metropolitan, Pallas the Parallel, Neoma the High Ace Neo, Petra the Petit1, Calliope the Kakuno (Also, a Sheaffer No-Nonsense)

My bottles of ink: Sailor Epinard & Ultramarine; Mysterious Blue (Wishlist: Oku Yama)