Acquisitions Plans For 2015 - What's Yours?

claudewick

Various pens in my budget sweet spot of $15-50 dollars and hopefully two Sailor Sapporo Limited editions.

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

• inkstainedruth

• amk

• Barkingpig

Maybe a TWSBI 580 Rose Gold and have it ground by Mr. John Sorowka?

That´s a plan you are likely to be content with :0)

Another option is to order the TWSBI directly from Pendleton Brown, and get his "Butterline Stub".

Compared to Sorowkas, Pendletons grind behaves more like a cursive italic (sharper with more line variation), whereas Sorowkas stub grind is more forgiving and a bit easier to use for quick notetaking.

Sailor King of Pen!

I never used sailor pen. I ordered 1911 realo version already and it is arriving today.

All the Parkers that I can get at local auctions. [ What budget ]

Initial plans are for a Pilot 92 and maybe, funds permitting, later in the year a Pilot 823 amber demo as well as some more old Parker Vacs and Duofolds. If I'm really lucky a Duovac, medium nib, in blue (I hope).

Ink wise I had wanted a bottle of Apache Sunset, very hard to come by in Australia, but after buying a bottle of Diamine Autumn Oak the Noodler's desire has deminished some what.

Greg

Edited by inkeverywhere

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

Right now, my pen plans involve enjoying what I have.

I was looking around the Goulet website a few days ago and realized that I'm happy with the pens and inks I have. I want to try a few ink samples, and I would enjoy the opportunity to try out a few pens, but I really do like what I have, and have no desire to acquire an additional pen.

I'm sure this contented state will end eventually. For now, I'll just let the pen fund grow. Who knows, maybe I'll finally buy a truly expensive pen down the road? I backed out on that last year after reaching the needed savings goal (and actually still have about half that cash left after purchasing other pens with it). But, right now there just is no desire for another pen. I actually feel more desire to get rid of pens.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Whatever catches my eye, and that I can afford.

The upcoming SF Pen Show will be a candy store for me. :D

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I am thinking a Bexley, then a couple more Metro's, then a TWSBI 580AL and an ASA Galactic demonstrator with a couple more cheap Indian piston fillers. Also a vintage Parker Duofold if I can find one at a good price.

I have been wanting a David Oscarson pen for a while & with the new release of the Alexander Fleming pen i think I will finally buy one, in orange!

Edited by Zaphod_Beeblebrox

I have been wanting a David Oscarson pen for a while & with the new release of the Alexander Fleming pen i think I will finally buy one, in orange!

I have always been interested in Oscarson pens. Mostly it's because of our shared faith and his use of a lot of Mormon symbolism in his work. I doubt I will ever be able to afford one, but it's sure fun to dream!

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

I like his pens because of the Sterling Silver & beautiful engraving an colorful enamel.

Try to avoid pens with any religious affiliation so I will have to take a better look at the pen before I buy one.

That is one of the problems with Montblanc and their POA series plus other brands limited edition pens.

I would like to buy a Pilot Vanishing Point and a Custom 823. I would also like to try a Franklin Christoph pen with a Masuyama nib grind.

I'm also still throwing around trying something high end like a Pelikan M800 series, a MB 149 or a Sailor KoP. I'm just not sure I'm there as a FP enthusiast, yet.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

This is a really good plan. If I could stick to this, I'd be in business! Since I posted on here, I've narrowed my wishlist down to the few classics I want to have. They happen to add up to the budget I've arbitrarily imposed for the year:

Montblanc 146

Pelikan M400 brown tortoise

Platinum 3776 shoji

plus any other pens I can squirrel under the radar--this is where the trouble starts!--which are perennially on my wishlist:

Parkers (Royal challenger, Vacumatic, lapis and yellow Duofold Jrs)

Pelikan 400 brown tortoise

Montblanc classique rollerball

Conway Stewart Montague rollerball

Half way through the year, looking back, I have made a serious dent in my list! and more...

I got the Pelikan M400 brown tortoise, and am waiting for the arrival of a Montblanc 146.

The Japanese pen is still on the backburner as I ended up adding other modern Pelikans instead.

For the rest of 2015, I may get one or two vintage Pelikans and/or look for a blue M600 demo at the DC show.

However, it would be better if I avoided the many paths of temptation, since I really need to get a new watch :gaah:

For this year:

Lamy 2K

Pilot Vanishing Point

Vintage Scheaffer Balance

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to say you are....you aren't" - Margaret Thatcher