What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Hello,

Congrats for your ST Dupont, looking forward for your full review.

Best regards.

Thank you!

I wish I had more experience with top tier pens, so that I could compare the Olympio XL to the legendary MB 149 and Pelkian M1000.

Unfortunately, fountain pens are still a relatively new hobby, for me. I've only been using them, learning about them and buying them since around July 2014.

That said, pens are not my first hobby, and I do have an eye for quality as a decade long lover of fine cutlery. I carry a CRK Sebenza for the very same reasons I find the S.T. Dupont Olympio impressive.

Here's a photo teaser:

12096630_1194965840520621_68907293846395

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets see...

Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange with 18C EF nib

Pelikan M250 Old Style Green Demonstrator (logo cap top) with 14C F nib

Pelikan M250 Old Style Green Demonstrator (no logo cap top) with 14C F nib

and the book Pelikan Ein Unternehmen Schreibt Geschichte

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Lets see...

Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange with 18C EF nib

Pelikan M250 Old Style Green Demonstrator (logo cap top) with 14C F nib

Pelikan M250 Old Style Green Demonstrator (no logo cap top) with 14C F nib

and the book Pelikan Ein Unternehmen Schreibt Geschichte

Wow, the classic series is one step closer to completion now. Congratulations.

I'm waiting for two Pelikans R400, that is, two rollerballs :( (one for my wife). I don't really know if I'm going to keep mine, since I don't use rollerballs, but for $45/each (brand new) it was too good of a deal for me to pass :)

I'm waiting for two Pelikans R400, that is, two rollerballs :( (one for my wife). I don't really know if I'm going to keep mine, since I don't use rollerballs, but for $45/each (brand new) it was too good of a deal for me to pass :)

You can always leave the cap on and pretend it's an M400 ;)

Don't mind me, I like to ramble... A LOT

My S.T. Dupont Olympio XL in Midnight Blue Chinese lacquer has arrived.

I'm so glad you were able to fix the problems with this pen. It's a beauty!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Thank you!

I wish I had more experience with top tier pens, so that I could compare the Olympio XL to the legendary MB 149 and Pelkian M1000.

Unfortunately, fountain pens are still a relatively new hobby, for me. I've only been using them, learning about them and buying them since around July 2014.

That said, pens are not my first hobby, and I do have an eye for quality as a decade long lover of fine cutlery. I carry a CRK Sebenza for the very same reasons I find the S.T. Dupont Olympio impressive.

Here's a photo teaser:

12096630_1194965840520621_68907293846395

Hello,

The pic looks great, may be a pic with your knife???

and if only the trim on the ST Dupont had the legendary Damascus blade patterns :D

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

You can always leave the cap on and pretend it's an M400 ;)

:lol:

That's a great idea! And since I don't have any M400, now I'm kinda excited with my new acquisition :D

Hello,

The pic looks great, may be a pic with your knife???

and if only the trim on the ST Dupont had the legendary Damascus blade patterns :D

Best regards.

A stainless Damascus nib would be epic!

Here is my fanciest pen with my fanciest knife:

12109862_1195461650471040_68618848052082

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

A stainless Damascus nib would be epic!

Here is my fanciest pen with my fanciest knife:

12109862_1195461650471040_68618848052082

Hello,

Beautiful pic, thank you for sharing.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Thank you all for the positive feedback. I am so very happy with this purchase.

- Joe

Wow, the classic series is one step closer to completion now. Congratulations.

Thanks. Just 4 steps away from completion actually but those pens are hard to come by. No illusions of completion anytime soon.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Pilot Stealth VP with custom 0.45 cursive italic nib.. hurry uuuuupp!! :blush:

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

Two, OBBB and OBB nibs, both are Montblanc 144 from the 50's in celluloid and with telescopic piston, can't wait :D

Woot.

http://i.imgur.com/a3spk8X.jpg

(That and a President with the same nib & mod + a M1000 BLS)

-k

Am currently waiting for my first forays into non-new pens with a Parker 45 and some kind of Sheaffer.

Also a royal red Studio, because apparently I "needed" another one of those and I liked the matte red color. Thankfully there aren't many other Studio colors that I'm excited about!

It has finally arrived: my Sheaffer Triumph Statesman

http://i.imgur.com/wp34UM9.jpg?1

Poor this is really beat up though but I'm going to try my best to get it back in working order, I hope.

The list:

Serwex 362 x3

Jinhao 126

Jinhao X450

Jinhao 250

Wing Sung 590

Hero 338

Hang on, the plunger in this pen still works, sweet. All the rubber is still intact :D