What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

Carbon fiber and 55 grams????????

There must be something there besides the carbon fiber...

D.ick

You're right, the body is metal coated with a carbon fiber film!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered an Edison Collier Black Rose limited edition from La Couronne du Comte which is on its way. I can't wait for it to arrive and find out what number it is and see if it looks as gorgeous as it does in the pictures.

You have a beautiful cat!

I don't see that pen on the La Couronne du Comte site. Could you direct me to it?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I am currently on fountain pen probation via the wife. :(

I don't suppose you have the authority to put her spending on probation.

No, I didn't think so. As my wife loves to say, "That's different."

Another of my favorite sayings:

"We each play the starring role in our own life story, except for a married man, who plays the husband."

Nakaya Decapod Cigar in Shiro-tamenuri, 0.7 mm stub by John Mottishaw. This is one of the last of the Shiro-tamenuris. It's not really the model I wanted, but the sudden loss of the Shiro finish produced a "feeding frenzy," according to Michael at nibs.com. I think it's one of the most beautiful Nakaya colors, so it's a shame they have discontinued it. RIP

http://i.imgur.com/ZM7nUfA.jpg

Why do I keep doing this to myself. I bought another pen, a Sailor highace neo. Why do I have such an urge to collect all the flagship entry-level pens but I do. Thankfully I only have 4 left to complete my collection: Parker Vector, Platinum Plaisir, Cross Bailey, and Kaweco Sport Skyline. Hopefully I can end the impulse buying soon

Don't mind me, I like to ramble... A LOT

A pilot falcon SF :D Also, can I go ahead a preemptively put down the 2015 LE Pilot VP? I may or may not have (read, duh, of course DID) made major grabby hands at the picture on my screen =P

A Nakaya Piccolo Cigar Shu with soft fine nib.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f391/thegrynne/FountainPenNetwork/D518DB72-8A29-4C0E-A879-15EE52F61A2D_zpsaf1g45bv.jpg

I've gone from 0 to 3 Nakayas in less than a month. :o :yikes: Luckily they're all arriving at different times. One is already in Sydney, held up at customs (the portable writer in Bamboo Woods).

Not as drool-worthy as those lovely Nakayas but my white TWSBI Eco should be delivered today. A little slice of joy to tide me over until the pink Pelikans are released.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

A pilot falcon SF :D Also, can I go ahead a preemptively put down the 2015 LE Pilot VP? I may or may not have (read, duh, of course DID) made major grabby hands at the picture on my screen =P

You too eh? It is a gorgeous pen! I've got a Nemosine Singularity demonstrator with a medium Nib, on the way from Amazon. I didn't order the VP, but I did have to clean the smudges off my screen! :)

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

Waiting for an Al-Star LE in Copper Orange (and two pads of Rhodia No.18 dot) from Goulet. The deep yellow VP showed up yesterday, though, so it's not as interminable a wait as it might be otherwise.

Well the Sailor Highace Neo arrived today. The best way I can describe the feel of the nib is: serrated. It is the scratchiest nib I've ever used, I thought Sailor nib were supposed to be really smooth. Hopefully if I get some Mylar paper I can smooth out the nib. Otherwise I lost this gamble and I'm out $10, not impressed with Sailor's QA

Received this afternoon already, mainly a Pilot Prera, fine, and two Preppies, also fine.

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

So excited - finally ordered my first gold nib, plus other stationery & EDC goodies! Still waiting for my embossed notebook so have much goodness inbound my way. Unfortunately the pen takes a long time to arrive from The Netherlands but I'm sure playing with my newly upgraded Studio and new ink will keep me very, very happy. :D

• Leuchtturm1917 graphite dotted notebook & pen loop. New notebook for new project starting tomorrow, so fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow too! LarryPost embossed the project name on the cover in silver, I can't wait to see it.
  • Kaweco Brass Sport & bronze clip. A stonking great lump of raw metal - insert drooling Homer Simpson noises here.
  • Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo ink. Will have to make a draining-the-bottle thread, as is my understanding of FPN local custom.
  • Lamy 14Kt gold inlaid EF nib. Destined for my brushed steel Studio. I have a lot of literature reviews to do so anything that makes this task more pleasurable is worth its weight in, well, gold!
  • Victorinox Alox Bantam. Mmm, EDC goodness for my pencil case... this baby was very hard to find, they are sadly discontinued but just perfect & super slim without a bunch of stuff I'll never use (corkscrews?! lol).
  • Mini Cash-Can in brass & .44 auto. Emergency money for emergencies. The .44 version is for Mr FeuBleu, for whom the purchase was inspired in the first place - I had to do a mercy run to the fuel garage when he went out for a spontaneous bike ride and left his wallet at home!

Anyway, for the purpose of procrastination in the face of the marking pile that awaits me, I thought I'd collage the incoming goodness.. :happy:

http://i62.tinypic.com/iwhzs3.png

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

Ordered my first gold nib pen. Platinum #3776 Century <M> in Bourgogne, I'm really excited.

http://thefountainpens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/3776-bourgogne-1.jpg

Edited by Kiaxa

Sailor 1911 large, Black luster, shipped today. I was always curious about their nib, but always thought their pen to be a bit on the light side. Birthday coming and in need of something good in my life now.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

So I may have already ordered another pen.. the Pilot 823 Demonstrator with FA nib! :D

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

Sailor 1911 large, Black luster, shipped today. I was always curious about their nib, but always thought their pen to be a bit on the light side. Birthday coming and in need of something good in my life now.

IIRC the Black Luster has a metal section, so should have a little more heft than your average 1911L. Let us know how you like it.