What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I recently bought one to see what it was all about and I was shocked....

Shocked that such a good pen could be had for that price.

I have the European version with standard international cartridge.

So no reason to apologize!!! Good choice.

D.ick

Yeah, I wish I could easily get the European version here in the States, but I'm fine with the American/Asian version. The only difference is which cartridges/conveters they take, which is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

I'm looking forward to getting it as my "keep in my briefcase and take everywhere" pen. I do plan to get fancier pens later, but this is good for now and good going forward. :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot a small Ranga model 2 -Aerometric, just to test this brand , new for me, that is on its way!

After learning that the Noodler's Ahab and Creaper models would be increasing in price soon, and seeing a PIF for a Creaper here, I decided to pick these up before the price increase. I just placed my order, so two more pens will be on the way soon. These will be my first non-cartridge/converters as well as my first pens with flexible nibs, and I'll have Noodler's pens for my Noodler's ink samples now. Something to look forward to! :)

A few that I have to pick up, but I got the one I've been excited about - Esterbrook Dollar nurse pen in white.

Waiting for a Waterman Expert Precious Silver body and black cap

I've been wanting it for awhile but hadn't pulled the trigger then it dropped to $79 on Amazon!

I keep telling myself, no more pens until I sell some.. But I randomly decided to look up Cross ATX pens again after they were mentioned on the FPN Facebook group, and found a very cheap one with a Broad nib. Cross nibs write broader and wetter than most Western sized nibs of similar tip, so I plan to regrind the new Cross broad to a stub!

Annnnnd I may have decided to treat myself to my third Platinum 3776 Century in C (a.k.a. BB) nib. >_> Thank goodness for credit.

Just heard from Art and the Pelikan White Tortoise he turned from an F to a OM stub is on its way home. Woo hoo! I haven't even seen it yet; I bought it from a member here and had it sent directly to Art.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I keep telling myself, no more pens until I sell some.. But I randomly decided to look up Cross ATX pens again after they were mentioned on the FPN Facebook group, and found a very cheap one with a Broad nib. Cross nibs write broader and wetter than most Western sized nibs of similar tip, so I plan to regrind the new Cross broad to a stub!

Annnnnd I may have decided to treat myself to my third Platinum 3776 Century in C (a.k.a. BB) nib. >_> Thank goodness for credit.

May I point out, at this point, that there are two FPN Facebook groups. One is a closed group called "the Fountain Pen Network (FPN)". This group has NO official links with FPN, and is managed by 3 pen enthusiasts some of whom have been a member here on the forum, but not any more. Their claim to be based on FPN is unjust. For the rest I have no judgement on this group as I am not a member there, so I don't know what is going on there (Closed group)

The other group is: "Official Fountain Pen Network (FPN)" group.

This group is part of our forum and several of the Mods here are Admin of the Facebook group.

This is a public Facebook group, so everybody can read, but to participate you have to become a member. You are all cordially invited.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Received my Pilot Custom 912 customized by Greg Minuskin with extra flex and needlepoint tip, and the Visconti 60th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee with a stub nib in the Imperial Ruby Gold Edition. It is very sparkly and shiny, perfect for this magpie LOL. Also received some J.Herbin Emeraude de Chivor ink today too, yippee!! Needless to say, it has been a wonderful mail day today! :D

http://www.airlineintl.com/files/15/products15413.jpg

Edited by Feathers

A Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Oversize with B nib! #5 on my list of "Pens I want my Paws on" and my first Visconti...

http://www.martiniauctions.com/images/item_images/fpngallery/31176_0.jpg

I just snagged what appears to be a very nice condition, early 90s Parker Sonnet in Indigo Laque and an 18k gold nib. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

A Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Oversize with B nib! #5 on my list of "Pens I want my Paws on" and my first Visconti...

http://www.martiniauctions.com/images/item_images/fpngallery/31176_0.jpg

Awesome!! That handsome pen is on my list too, enjoy! :)

Those are no joke. By BB they *mean* BB. Before I held them I thought "Meh. Japanese BB. Probably will look like a tad wide Western Medium". How wrong I was :P

I got a President and a 3776 from Bombare a while back. Fortunately these are not very popular nib sizes (the only use case I can think of is immediate regrind) so bidding wasn't very competetive and got them pretty cheap.

Those are no joke. By BB they *mean* BB. Before I held them I thought "Meh. Japanese BB. Probably will look like a tad wide Western Medium". How wrong I was :P

I got a President and a 3776 from Bombare a while back. Fortunately these are not very popular nib sizes (the only use case I can think of is immediate regrind) so bidding wasn't very competetive and got them pretty cheap.

I planned on grinding the C nib to a juicy stub. :puddle:

I planned on grinding the C nib to a juicy stub. :puddle:

Ooooh yeah, that's going to be so nice!! Looking forward to seeing pics/writing samples. What colour Century did you go with? I have both the Bourgogne and the Chartres on my list.

Fountain Pen Revolution's Indus.

I'm going to use it to play with a few vintage gold nibs -- mainly broad nibs from Conway Stewart's or Mabie-Todd Swans.

David.

Fountain Pen Revolution's Indus.

I'm going to use it to play with a few vintage gold nibs -- mainly broad nibs from Conway Stewart's or Mabie-Todd Swans.

David.

I had to look that one up. Sweet price on those! That's going to be fun to play with those nibs. Looking forward to seeing what you create :)