What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I'll be waiting for this to come this week, ordering from Bryant tomorrow (Monday). I've been looking at this beauty for about 3 months now, finally able to spring for it. Can't wait and will post pics when I receive it. Getting it in medium so we'll see how flexible the nib is.

--John--

Very cool! Enjoy your new pen when it arrives. It's an interesting design for sure - Visconti is known for it's flashy good looks :) Go easy on the nib, flexibility wise. I only have their gold and palladium nibs, and they really aren't that flexible. Soft and springy, give you a good ride, a bit of line variation, yes, but don't expect full on flex. Granted, the tubular nib might be different. Let us know what you think when it arrives. :)

The deals that I have found on Ebay lately have been crazy!

Platinum 3776 Maki-e $220

Rotring 600 Lava $160

Stipula Etruria Rainbow LE $150

Namiki Falcon $60

Mabie Todd swan ringtop $30

Bought them all

WOW, nice haul!! :D :thumbup: Enjoy all your new treasures!

I was surprised with a winning bid this week-end.

I'm now waiting on 25 Esterbrooks, including what appears to be a rare military clip Deluxe.

And...a gorgeous Waterman Lady Patricia that I will be reviving with a new sac.

Oooh, very nice!

Edited by Feathers

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thrilled to be awaiting this beauty, the Onoto Magna Classic Royal Ruby LE in a fine nib :cloud9:

fpn_1435623284__magna-classic-rr-composi

Currently I am waiting on an Edward Todd fin de siècle dip pen. Should be here in about 10 days or so. My first, and probably last, foray into anything truly antique.

Also, and you're not going to believe this, I have one outstanding order on a pen that is being re-directed by the US postal service back to the sender for Heaven knows what reason. And yes, it's an Esterbrook. What is it with me and Esterbrooks? Well, this will be the last time I try to get one. To hell with them.

The seller shipped my Geha 790 today, and I can barely wait.

I'm a bit worried about the Postal service strike in Germany delaying the delivery (since the pen is being shipped from there), but I got this top tier pen from Geha for a steal, so I don't mind the wait. People seriously dislike personalised pens.

Geha was a German brand, directly competing with Pelikan. Their pens look a lot like each other from the school pen to their flagship model, but the nib is what it's all about. It's supposed to be semi-flexible :)

I had a Geha Goldschwinge recently. Lovely looking pen. Sadly it had an undisclosed crack in the section, so back it went for a refund. :rolleyes:

Besides a recent impulse buy (Jinhao 750), I am waiting for an Aurora Optima blue with an italic nib. Can't wait to try that beauty

Cheers,

Pierre

A 1946 Parker major blue diamond Vacumatic golden pearl in excellent condition and with a medium nib is currently winging its way to Australia thanks to the excellent folks at Peyton street pens :D

Be still my aching heart.....

<p>Tack</p><p>Australia</p><p> </p><p><span style="font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"><em>Never confuse legibility with eligibility....</em></span>

My first Kaweco, a black Al Sport

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

Waiting on my Dunhill Sidecar to return from Sean Nicholson. He made a hairline crack in the cap almost disappear and re-aligned the stub nib. I've been missing that pen. Also, due in from eBay:

• Hero 901
  • Picasso 907 Montmartre
  • Jinhao X750

None were very expensive. I may give them away, so that others may share in my joyous malady. :P

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

Thrilled to be awaiting this beauty, the Onoto Magna Classic Royal Ruby LE in a fine nib :cloud9:

fpn_1435623284__magna-classic-rr-composi

Oh my. That's a gorgeous pen.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I agree. I'm not a big fan of acrylic pens, but I like that one. Too bad that Onoto is having some problems; they do make nice pens.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I agree. I'm not a big fan of acrylic pens, but I like that one. Too bad that Onoto is having some problems; they do make nice pens.

Thank you both so much! I am really excited about it. Agreed, I hope they can get things sorted out.

Got a deal on a Waterman 52 1/2 v - a gold one - for about a hundred bucks. Another blurred photo, but the description was pretty good. I seem to get lucky on pens that nobody else notices.

I certainly will - I bought a Swan under the same circumstances and it turned out to be wonderful.

Finally pulled the trigger on a fine flex Noodler's Creaper -- in red, which wouldn't be my first choice, but the price was right. I've been wanting to have a go at a flex nib for a while.

It's a fun little pen :) I hope you enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to it, and if it doesn't suit, I have an alternate home for it with someone who I suspect will like it.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

I went for another 52 1/2 v - a sterling silver one that looked in nice shape. The seller tested it and said it was flexible, so I crossed my fingers. I was the only bidder and got it for the minimum.

I don't know why these things aren't more popular, except that they're little. The nibs aren't, though.

Very soon to be waiting on an old-style Pelikan M250 Grey marbled with 14C medium nib.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I thought it would be only be a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise EF. This would have been my very first M400 pen.

Unfortunately, I just pulled the trigger on a Pelikan M400 Green EF, which will probably arrive before the White one. So which pen is my first M400? The white or the green? Hmm....

I hope I like the M400 flavor as much as the M20x flavor.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein