The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Replacement Nibs For Indian Pens

nibs camlin airmail fpr

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crappyhandwriting16

crappyhandwriting16

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 16:16

I plan on buying pens from fountain pen revolution soon for the second semester. I know that some of the nibs will be scratchy. I know they can be fixed by smoothing but I don't have the time. I plan on buying FPR nibs. The problem is that I don't know what size nib to get. The pens I am looking are nib sizes are :
Airmail 90
Camlin 47

Sponsored Content

#2 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 16:20

Rather than replace the nib you may want to look at replacing the section complete with feed and nib, Burnham units fit in the 69L, for example.

Edited by Beechwood, 01 January 2015 - 16:20.

#3 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 18:30

FPR offers some pens with a choice of nib widths. It is my understanding that many of the nibs offered in this way are the FPR nibs, such as the flex or stub offerings. My experience with those has been only positive, those were never scratchy.

Some Wality nibs can be scratchy, but smoothing them is a question of writing on a slightly abrasive surface, such as glass - it is not a laborious process. Mere minutes gives you a nib you will like much better...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nibs, camlin, airmail, fpr

Sponsored Content

|