• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sanyalsoumitra

• Sailor Kenshin

• panu

• mhguda

@sanyalsoumitra

Hello,

Please SIr if u don't mind would u like to tell me where can I get those Camlin Sleek & Fellowship FPs in Kolkata ?

I'm a student and I like India made FPs.....

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

@sanyalsoumitra

Hello,

Please SIr if u don't mind would u like to tell me where can I get those Camlin Sleek & Fellowship FPs in Kolkata ?

I'm a student and I like India made FPs.....

College street shops and some shops in MG road where greeting/invitation cards are sold. Also some neighbourhood shop stock them sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow sir!!! Amazing job!

Thank you for the posts.

It deserves pinning.

What is best indian pen you own?

I have just started test writing with these old Indian vintage pens , starting with a pen called Platinex 225. I have found three of this model, two are ED pens and one is fitted with aerometric filler. These pens are about 55~60 years old and are reasonably well preserved. Section design and overall form factor is remotely similar to present day Hero 007. However , the section does not have an internal collector like the heros or parker 51, neither there is any tubular nib,but a tiny open nib and a feeder press fitted from the front end. Feel curious really when were these pens launched in the Indian market- any one having the information kindly share.

Here is a brief and some photos.

fpn_1418492334__platinex_225-_ink_test.j

fpn_1418492949__img_0001.jpg

fpn_1418492996__img_0002.jpg

fpn_1418493036__img_0003.jpg

Wilson Commander- sea green resin body with Gold patina aluminum cap- open nib ED pen. Once again this pen is from the same lot. I feel very curious about the time period this model was launched and other historical accounts. Fine materials and reasonably well preserved unit, smooth fine medium nib. Kindly share any available information on this pen.

The ink test report and some more photos :

fpn_1418495098__img_0001.jpg

fpn_1418495456__img_0002.jpg

fpn_1418495539__img_0003.jpg

fpn_1418495585__img_0004.jpg

fpn_1418495611__img_0005.jpg

Ink testing the Era 851 pen - a Camlin 47 look alike from earlier times. An excellent writer and a very well preserved 50+ years Indian pen. A report and photos.

fpn_1418511045__img_0002.jpg

fpn_1418511200__img_0003.jpg

fpn_1418511231__img_0004.jpg

Platinex Vaccume- another similar pen restored and ink tested. A report and couple of photos here.

fpn_1418511375__img_0005.jpg

fpn_1418511478__img_0007.jpg

fpn_1418511507__img_0009.jpg

Ink testing Wilson Parallel body pen-matte black.

fpn_1418516689__img_0005.jpg

fpn_1418516761__img_0006.jpg

fpn_1418516789__img_0007.jpg

fpn_1418516813__img_0008.jpg

The end of the body (the metal 'button' part) looks like the one on the Parker Vector, but not the rest of the pen. The Vector had a metal section and an arrow clip. With luck, someone else can pinpoint this model.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.