Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Pink And Magenta - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Do these count as pink? The last one is JHerbin Rouge Caroubier (hard to read it against the swab).

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/2415/7091/0548/Burgundy_Ink_Scan-640p.jpg

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• Tessy Moon

I'm a Rusty Anchor fan, but I think I might have found some "equivalents but better", while also closing in on a salmon/coral/flamingo that isn't too one dimensional?

fpn_1587157882__rusty_adjacencies_2.jpg
fpn_1587157357__rusty_adjacencies_1.jpg
fpn_1587165175__pink__green.jpg

I do like pink and green for Spring, but here's a more "grown-up" version of the usual pastels?

Edited by pgcauk

. . . but thereby a dilemma! What would you do?

I own each of the greens above (and they each need a mate!), but the "pinks" I have samples only of the two I find ravishing, and a (non-depleted) national strategic reserve of the one that now seems vulgar in comparison!

Really, what would you do?

I tried going through all the pages to see if this one has already been posted, but I gave up.

Rohrer & Klinger Solferino. I only have a sample. The paper is a Colo-ring card. The swatch was done with a letter opener, a la Mike Matteson. Pen is a glass nib dip pen. The ink has a little sheening, which you can kind of see in the photo, and some shading. It's a very raw color to me, and it reminds me of the bougainvillea that's trying to take over the world in my back yard. But it is striking to write with, so I might actually buy a whole bottle one day.

R&K Solferino.jpg

I have long hoped for a decent writing ink in the Salmon/Coral/Flamingo area, but have hitherto not been so satisfied. I bought De Atramentis Lachs, but that, although a lovely color, seemed too thin, bright and one-dimensional to me as a writing ink (but it's a lovely color, and will be used for poster-work and such I'm sure, I just prefer something a bit more subdued for general writing). Monteverde Coral was a giveaway at the LA Penshow last year, it's a bit darker but when I tried it in a pen . . . . although I loved the color I changed it out fairly quickly. But finally I have found this:

fpn_1587691725__de_atramentis_salmon_and

De Atramentis' Ocher, which works for me as a writing ink!
Somewhere between Rouille D'Ancre, which I adore but now seems bubblegum, and those overly-bright Salmon options.
It's not an easy win, in one nib it looked like an anaemic hazelnut, but in a broad, wet stub nib, this has been upgraded from sample (Ochre? I have Diamine already) to a full bottle that I need to arrive before the sample runs out!

Edited by pgcauk

• 2 months later...

I approach ink from a tangent, but have a couple that I use regularly, and have just received a couple more, Corail Des Tropiques is surprisingly gorgeous, Terracotta has a lovely "Flower Pot Pink" lurking beneath the surface, you just have to get the dilution right!
None of these scan well!
fpn_1593049983__pinks_june_20b.jpg

• 1 year later...

Kobe #12 Okamoto Pink. Goes down a lovely Coral, dries to a very nice Shell Pink. In a wet pen it can burn the eyes, but in a regular writer I am really enjoying it for grading!

• 2 months later...

A grey day calls for some lovely pink/coral ink with a fresh spring vibe, doesn't it!? 🤗

In spring I got some samples (well, about 50, ooops) from https://fountainfeder.de/, among them Robert Oster Sushi and Sailor Ink Studio #130. I fell in love with both, kinda, but as #130 was out of stock, I gave in and forgot about until finding it to be back in stock this weekend. When the bottles arrived (I mean, come on, how can you just order _one_ ink?), I had to play around with the ink a bit and take a handful of photos:

Papers for both inks's swatches are blank white Tomoe River 52 g/m² and squared Stálogy 365 Editor's Series 018.

2 minutes ago, JulieParadise said:

A grey day calls for some lovely pink/coral ink with a fresh spring vibe, doesn't it!? 🤗

Hi Julie!

Yes!

I am still looking for "my" coral, which needs to be a balance between orange and pink. I have Herbin "Corail" and Kobe #12, bothof which look glorious when wet, but tend to move to the pink side as they dry. I just ordered a sample of Ink Studio #173, but that looks like it might err towards weak orange - but possibly a fabulous orange-pink (when applied by a trowel!)?

I missed the Taccia lipstick series, unfortunately. Oh, and I tried De Atramentis Salmon but that was a bit uniform for me.

Which are your favorite Corals?

3 hours ago, pgcauk said:

Which are your favorite Corals?

From the hues I know leaning right on the edge between orange and rosy blush pink Robert Oster Sushi would be my choice. I also own Diamine Coral which I find way too "loud" to consider in this category.

Sailor Ink Studio No. 130 might also be to your liking, as could be Papier Plume Garden District Azalea, although these might be too blush pink or rosy already.

Maybe look up Mountainofink.com, there is a good chance she has covered these inks already.

Yes I ruled out the Diamines early on. 'Coral' and 'Flamingo' name the color I am looking for, but not in the form of those inks! I will check out the Azalea, thank you! I am happy with the two I have, but would prefer something that dried to the colors these have while wet.

Initial impressions are of the 173 is a mix of pink and yellow, forming Peach.
The color inside the lid of Kobe #12 is the color I am looking for, but it looses its Orange as it dries. So far the Herbin remains the closest to what I am looking for.

Corals & Shells.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

large.pinks.jpg.7e9844869b458cac96dffd39013f2f69.jpg

Pilot Iroshizuku Kosumosu, Iroshizuku Hana-Ikada

J Herbin Bouquet d'Antan, Robert Oster Tiverton Rust

Pelikan 4001 Pink, J Herbin Rouille d'Ancre

Will work for pens... :unsure:

6 hours ago, AmandaW said:

large.pinks.jpg.7e9844869b458cac96dffd39013f2f69.jpg

Pilot Iroshizuku Kosumosu, Iroshizuku Hana-Ikada

J Herbin Bouquet d'Antan, Robert Oster Tiverton Rust

Pelikan 4001 Pink, J Herbin Rouille d'Ancre

Your Italic handwriting is quite attractive. May I ask what the pen/nib is you use for these, please?

The Oster is intriguing - thank you for showing it - I haven't seen any pictures of it elsewhere. (I wish Cult Pens would sell samples ...)

For some reason Bouquet d'Antan really 'hits the spot' for me with pink. 

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

Thank you @AmandaW - that new Iroshizuku actually looks more interesting than I expected - it's always more useful to see any ink in the context of others that I already know :)

Looks like I might need to put a Cult Pens order together - sigh! I always fancied Deep Dark Orange and they still sell Vivaldi (and Wagner), so maybe I can justify shipping (and keep Tiverton Rust from getting lonely!).

I used to live on Dartmoor, went to college in Torquay and once took my mum for a day out on a horse-drawn canal barge up in Tiverton. You can't hook me with the names alone but that Tiverton Rust looks rather unique and special!

large.frankenpens.jpg.1283352b03c8c6f3a2c4a4e638289070.jpg

10 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Your Italic handwriting is quite attractive. May I ask what the pen/nib is you use for these, please?

The pen is a Franken Pen - a DIY stubbed Jinhao fountain pen nib fitted into a dip nib holder. I made two: the stub and a fine for testing and swatching inks. The handles do vary in the size of nib that will fit, I tried a few until I paired these nibs with their handles.

I made them after I broke my glass dip pen, didn't want to wait for a new one to arrive and saw one of these that @A Smug Dillmade. I'm still getting the hang of using them: lots of blobbing and quickly running dry, but I do believe it's workable - I just need more practice.

Will work for pens... :unsure: