The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Help With Identifying This Early Gold-Filled Model Please

gold filled early lucky curve button filler

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spyder

spyder

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2014 - 14:31

Dear All,

This pen was in a recent auction lot.  I don't know which model number should be attached to it or anything very much about it.  I'm hoping that those who have far greater experience than I do can provide me with more information.  As far as I can tell, the nib is damaged beyond repair and I don't know whether to junk the pen or consider a repair.

All info gratefully received!

Many thanks in anticipation,

S

The pen measures 41/4 " or 11 cm capped.  It is gold-filled.  The top of the clip is marked 'PAT SER 5-16' followed by the Parker name.  The only other marking/imprint is at the base of the cap where it reads 'Parker Fountain Pen Gold Filled Patent Pen.'

pen capped.jpg

Cap imprint.jpg

The barrel is engraved with alternating lines and a diamond pattern.  There is no engraving on the cap. The pen is a button filler.

Button, etching.jpg

The feed is a typical 'Lucky curve' type feed (sorry about the poor quality phone photo).  The nib is damaged and I don't know whether it is original to the pen.

Feed.jpg

Nib.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 daffie

daffie

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2014 - 15:03

The nib is not the original one, but a later English example.
Instead of repairing this nib, I would look for an original Lucky Curve nib.

#3 spyder

spyder

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 00:45

Thanks @daffie.  This is a useful suggestion.  Only problem is that I don't know which type of 'Lucky Curve'  nib matches this model.

Would be grateful for this info if anyone knows.

Many thanks,

S

#4 daffie

daffie

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:03

Maybe a number '2' Lucky Curve nib, but I am not sure.
An expert will know it more exactly, I think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gold filled, early, lucky curve, button filler

Sponsored Content

|