The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pendleton Regrind On A Soft Nib?

pendleton butter-line stub pilot soft nib fine regrind custom 74

4 replies to this topic

#1 Nappeunoppa

Nappeunoppa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:50

Hello!

I recently found a Pilot Custom 74 for sale for a nice price, and it's equipped with a Soft Fine nib. For anyone who has ever had their pens reground by Mr. Pendleton, do you know if it is possible to get a BLS grind from that Soft Fine nib? And if you have such a nib, does it write just as springy and "flexy" (term loosely used) as it originally did, along with its new stub properties?

Sponsored Content

#2 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:54

The line variation is the function of the tipping which is shaped during the grind.

The softness of the nib is the function of the material of the nib itself or the design of each tine, or both.

They are both Basically independent of each other.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#3 Nappeunoppa

Nappeunoppa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:01

I see, thank you for the information! I suspect Mr. Pendleton will be seeing a package at his doorstep soon then.

#4 cleosmama

cleosmama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:18

I am sure he would be happy to respond to your question. It's been my experience that if you email him, he will email you right back. He's a very nice man!

#5 FoszFay

FoszFay

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:05

I am sure he would be happy to respond to your question. It's been my experience that if you email him, he will email you right back. He's a very nice man!

+1

Tom.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pendleton, butter-line stub, pilot, soft nib, fine, regrind, custom 74

Sponsored Content

|