Orange Jinhao 159 On Alibaba.com, Where Can I Purchase Single Item ?

fabian3194

Thanks for the news. Can there be such thing as a fake Jinhao? That would be rather fantastic.

There have been fake Hero 616s spotted (and purchased by members here). So yeah, if someone can make money on it a fake will be made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• k3eax

• I like mango cheesecake

• danieln

• fabian3194

This is the thread of the conversation I had with the Chinese ebay retailer, I wish it was more helpful. On further inspection the shield on the clip seems to have been photoshopped and the alibaba.com wholesaler seems to be the only stockist; seems a bit suspect.

I'm just going to leave it at that and call it a day.

Sent: 03-Jan-15 02:20
Dear fabianwong,

You gave me the website link, I see it, it is not JINHAO 159.

I only know that these.

To: hejing1314
Subject: Re:關於: fabianwong 已寄出訊息
Sent Date: Jan-01-15 17:07:11 PST

Dear hejing1314,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it.

When you say "is false" do you mean this is not a real pen, the image is photo-shopped for example ? Or do you mean this is a real pen but not made by Jinhao, a counterfeit product for example ?

Also, did the manufacturer say it's false or do you know from looking at the image or know from the reputation of the wholesaler ?

Sorry for the questions because I'm now trying to perceive the honesty of the alibaba.com system.

Note: The alibaba.com seller does not reply hence my questions to you, someone I've dealt with and trust.

- fabianwong

To: fabianwong
Subject: Re:fabianwong 已寄出訊息
Sent Date: Dec-28-14 21:51:56 PST

Dear fabianwong,
This is not true is false JINHAO JINHAO159.

To: hejing1314
Subject: Re:fabianwong 已寄出訊息
Sent Date: Dec-27-14 16:08:09 PST

Dear hejing1314,

Hello,

Are you able to stock for retail the orange and yellow Jinhao 159 fountain pen ? It seems to be only available from an alibaba.com wholesaler below, scroll half way down the page to see image (which I've also attached).

http://qiangu.en.alibaba.com/product/522615743-200212693/fat_fountain_pen.html

- fabianwong

Todd from isellpens.com told me that the pen is real but they require it to be bought in too large of numbers for it to be practical for him to stock it. Too bad. Although I'm sure I'll continue to seek it out from time-to-time. I really do love the colors. And the 159 is such a ridiculously fun pen for the price.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

— Dr. Seuss

When the pen, the orange Jinhao, becomes widely available from the various China-based eBay vendors, the price will be but a few dollars. This a price with which no U.S.- based seller can possible compete.

• 2 months later...

The Goulets just added this to their store and you tube channel, hopefully not as an April 1st joke.

But Brian did have them in his hands.

The Goulets just added this to their store and you tube channel, hopefully not as an April 1st joke.

But Brian did have them in his hands.

+1

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Thanks for the hint that Brian Goulet offers them. I'm waiting for both the orange and the yellow one in the mail now ;-)

Interesting that the batch the Goulets have seem to have colour matched cap lips (that bit's palstic, right)? I think I still prefer the black one best, but wouldn't mind a deep red.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I suspect that Goulet Pens is offering them for at $12+, USD in the hope of adding to their profit margin by, in addition, selling their Goulet brand #6 nib to the purchaser. I certainly hope that they are able to sell off most of their stock of the 159 before China--based vendors offer that pen for less than half of the Goulet price.

• 3 weeks later...