The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Atlantic - Super5

super 5 rohrer & klingner

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:27

Like most people I like novelties, especially when it comes to inks and fountain pens. You know - I've been looking for grail ink for three years and there's always chance it's still ahead of me    :)

When I came across Super5 inks mention on Goulet's site, I thought the bottles looked cool and - in a way - familiar.

super5-ink-group-720x340.jpg

The names of cities were cool as well. Colors looked really nice on swabs. My dear friend google helped me to investigate.

Super5 inks are sold by Format-Darmstadt GmbH on papierlabor.de site. The company offers also calligraphy pen and converter and some papers.

The inks are made by my second favourite ink maker - Rohrer & KlingnerCheck their "regular" inks here.

That's good news. Really. They know what they're doing and you can expect good quality from R&K. The quality they indeed deliver.

So why Super5 inks are much more expensive than R&K inks. First of all - they're pigmented (I believe), then there need to be some margin for the distributor. At 20 euros / bottle yhey're not cheap. However unlike Caran d'Ache or Iroshizuku they offer not only more than satisfying quality, good flow and good lubrication but also added value of waterproofness and lightfastness. 

Last week I was given the whole set. I'm going to review it and post comparison of the full line. Soon. 

The colors are really great. Honestly. They're also extremely waterproof.

I've already reviewed Australia, Darmstadt,  Dublin and Delhi, check them.

Today let's take a look at Atlantic - Super5's blue. Nice stuff.

Bottle

5nVVRE.jpg

BdJ9oq.jpg

cX4Fcc.jpg

Ink Splash

Mondi 120 g

zYQFuh.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

M741f4.jpg

Software ID

8vKDv3.jpg

Color Range

DInNN8.jpg

Oxford recycled, 90 g - Kaweco Sport Classic, eyedropper mode, blaszka B

Ki1PwJ.jpg

vxSWvZ.jpg

x9j3xK.jpg

cqS57T.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 FP_Ink_Geek

FP_Ink_Geek

Ambrose

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2014 - 15:12

shading is cool and the color is interesting, but this one a little too muted for my taste. Thanks for the review. 

I am the artist formally known as Ambrose Bierce (I recently changed my username from that). If you love me you'll check out my blog http://fpinkgeek.blogspot.com/ or follow me on Instagram and Twitter @Fp_Ink_Geek :D

#3 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2014 - 18:26

This one is an interesting one... is more grey than blue. 

Goulet swabs makes it look bluer...   the one below is from their german site, I still like it though.  :D

SUPER5-iNK-Farbmuster-Atlantic.jpg

Edited by Cyber6, 24 December 2014 - 18:27.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#4 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,069 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2014 - 18:59

Thank you!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#5 J85909266

J85909266

Fountain Blade

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:03

I love it. I like nearly all of the colors from Super 5 based on your reviews. Thank you so much, for these. I follow your reviews by habit since discovering them a few months ago, and I want to thank you for such excellent reviews of so many inks. I'm a total fan.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

#6 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:39

Ooo could this be a substitute for one of my faves but sadly no longer produced Organics Blue Merle . . . ?  :)

fpn_blue_merle_swatch.jpg

Thing is, I really liked how Blue Merle washed away. These Super 5 inks look like they don't budge with water . . .  :mellow:

#7 nyx_h

nyx_h

Rhodium Trimmed

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:52

reaaally  like this colour! Like Tas, Blue Merle is one of my favourites as well, and this one looks very similar! The shading is excellent too. Thanks for a great review, as always!

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel. 

Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super 5, rohrer & klingner

Sponsored Content

|