• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have too many pens inked up so I'm planning on a big flush and clean session this weekend. So, I've gone crazy and decided to just ink up a bunch of my lesser-used pens and clean them all at once. They're nice pens, but just not ones I normally reach for to ink up. I thought I'd give them all a chance to get an airing.

Today I've got two very different-writing Sheaffers

1. Balance Junior (has the right "Junior" marked nib) in red (carmine? rose-glow?) with super extra fine nib that is so smooth for its size

- Aurora Black

2. Sheaffer Snorkel Clipper in aqua with a big, juicy broadly medium nib that is sooooo smooth.

- Using the really nicely matching iroshizuku tsuya-kusa

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I have too many pens inked up so I'm planning on a big flush and clean session this weekend. So, I've gone crazy and decided to just ink up a bunch of my lesser-used pens and clean them all at once. They're nice pens, but just not ones I normally reach for to ink up. I thought I'd give them all a chance to get an airing.

Today I've got two very different-writing Sheaffers

1. Balance Junior (has the right "Junior" marked nib) in red (carmine? rose-glow?) with super extra fine nib that is so smooth for its size

- Aurora Black

2. Sheaffer Snorkel Clipper in aqua with a big, juicy broadly medium nib that is sooooo smooth.

- Using the really nicely matching iroshizuku tsuya-kusa

Andrew, I wonder if you'll find, when deliberately choosing these overlooked pens, that you really enjoy them and want to bring them into more active use. That Sheaffer red color is just beautiful.

James

I am enjoying my Snorkel more than I remember in the past. It's one of the largest of my round nibs, almost a broad. I think this ink has tamed it a bit and made it more of a pleasure to write with.

We'll see tomorrow. I think I'll break out my more modern Sheaffers, my Targa, Legacy 1 and the lower end but still nice Imperial. Tomorrow will the the day of the inlaid nib.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

-Montaigne

I used 2 pens today : a Tibaldi Impero , Nib F, with Omas Green and a Montegrappa Symphony Blue, Nib Oblique M, with Pelikan Topaz

Accompanying others...A Bexley Original bandless in Lime Pearl

sportin' a lively 585/1000 Au fine Minka nib....Filled with Sheaffer'S

Skrip #22 Blue-Black ink.....

Fred

I'm taking a "lost but not forgotten" tour of my rarely used pens prior to a massive clean and flush party this weekend.

Today I have my first fountain pen ever, an early 80's Targa 1003, medium nib

My Sheaffer Legacy 1 840

and a Sheaffer TM Touchdown also in black.

I forget how substantial the Legacy is. And it also just pumps out the ink through a fine nib. Crazy.

-Montaigne

I really enjoy my Snorkel, unfortunately the snorkel during the last refill decided it did not want to retract...so i'll have to send it off for repair. back to the Parkers

Parker Vector (M) - Parker Quink Blue

Noodler's Ahab (Flex) - J. Herbin Stormy Grey

Platinum #3776 Century (M) - Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

TWSBI Mini (EF) - Monteverde Red

Hero 616 - Noodler's X-Feather

J. Burchett
"A pen transmits the voice of the soul" - Fennel Hudson
round-letter-exc.png

Parker 45 Fine nib - Diamine Eclipse
Parker 180 X/M nib - PR DC Supershow Blue

Edited by onetake

I really like your Asa pens ,,,,, they are so cute ....

This is not ASA... This is Oliver

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I just got this pen back from Art's Nibs: a Waterman 52 1/2 v with a factory Broad nib. Art used the W-N-word to describe it and it's a perfect joy to write with. All my other broad-nibbed pens are totally without flex, so this is another animal entirely. Nothing special to look at, except for the business end.

post-118146-0-62374500-1435964730_thumb.jpg

I just serviced, greased, and polished up this first-gen Aurora 88.

When I first got this it was in rough shape, I considered flipping it, but after reading some excellent service guides here I took it apart and got to work. I used a little PlastX polish on the body as well. Not so much to make it look brand new, but enough to make it look a little less beat up. (It's around 70 years old, it shouldn't look brand new.)

http://s22.postimg.org/4ov8a6axt/IMG_4747.jpg

This really is an extraordinarily-designed pen. It's not revolutionary like the Parker "51" to which it's so often compared, but its balance, heft and comfort really are sublime.

Pelikan | Pilot | Montblanc | Sailor | Franklin-Christoph | Platinum | OMAS