Top Posters In This Topic

• perfaddict

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Early '60's Diplomat..fine nib..and filled with Skrip #22..which

by the way is a sweet combo......................................................

Fred

Gris Gris Gumbo Ya Ya '68 - '69

~ Dr. John The Night Tripper in a free fire zone

My Dad is gone now, but he was born in 1913. In his last few years, he was in and out of medical facilities -- hospital and nursing care. I left a composition note book in his room for use as a journal. Every visitor and family member wrote in it. Anyone could read through it and follow what was happening. Now, we are doing the same for my aged mother. There is a lot of writing by many different people. The pen, that is clipped to the book, is a TWSBI Diamond 540. For Mom, the seven hospital stays were one to two weeks each. Dad spent his last eight months in a nursing home. The old TWSBI filled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 notebooks. It was used by at least 30 people who use fountain pens with a light touch.

Today, the same TWSBI was used to sign discharge papers for Mom. The cap and barrel are

scratched. My TWSBI is fine, and in my pocket.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Same pen & ink. Mine's a medium.

I should use this ink more often in this pen. It's a good combination

J. Burchett
"A pen transmits the voice of the soul" - Fennel Hudson
round-letter-exc.png

My Dad is gone now, but he was born in 1913. In his last few years, he was in and out of medical facilities -- hospital and nursing care. I left a composition note book in his room for use as a journal. Every visitor and family member wrote in it. Anyone could read through it and follow what was happening. Now, we are doing the same for my aged mother. There is a lot of writing by many different people. The pen, that is clipped to the book, is a TWSBI Diamond 540. For Mom, the seven hospital stays were one to two weeks each. Dad spent his last eight months in a nursing home. The old TWSBI filled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 notebooks. It was used by at least 30 people who use fountain pens with a light touch.

Today, the same TWSBI was used to sign discharge papers for Mom. The cap and barrel are

scratched. My TWSBI is fine, and in my pocket.

Thank you for the story. Keeping the journal is a good idea. I wish for peace for your mother and strength for your family.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Today I used my c. 1927 Parker Duofold Senior in Jade Green with Noodler's Zhivago to write correspondence with. I addressed the envelope with a Pilot Varsity M using Noodler's Black ink. I also used a Conklin Symetrik F with Waterman Florida Blue for writing some random notes around the house.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Conid Minimalistica medium (Ti) nib/Organic Studios Manganese ink

Same today.

3 days in a row. Hmmmm... Says something about the pen....

Day 4

For correspondence today...

Pilot Vanishing Point F with Aurora Black

Sheaffer Targa 1003 F with Sheaffer Skrip Black

Conklin Symetrik F with Waterman Florida Blue

Pelikan M200 F with Parker Penman Mocha

Pilot Custom 823 F with Pilot/Namiki Blue

And for addressing envelopes, a Pilot Varsity M with Noodler's Black and a Sheaffer Valor M with Noodler's Legal Lapis

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

TWSBI Mini, extra fine, with Waterman Serenity/Florida Blue.

Jinhao x450 Blue Kurve, Noodler's MF nib, with Noodler's Baystate Blue

Hero 616 with Noodler's X-Feather

J. Burchett
round-letter-exc.png

Using an old Montblanc 22 that a neighbour kindly donated. This is what it looked like when I got it:

fpn_1435579341__mb22-before-1000.jpg

Ouch! After two hours of loving care it is now a decent writer again, just need a little fine-tuning.

Filled with Waterman Serenity Blue.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Got a package today that I was not expecting so soon. Noodler's Voltaire Candide Vermillion with a Charlie pen. I dig the pen a lot as well as the ink. Got the mail right before worked, ends up being slow tonight so I inked up and did a little doodling. I seem to draw a lot of dragons lately.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/murda_fiziks/Pen/20150629_223623.jpg

Edited by mudman

My Fountain Pen of the Day is Italix Parson's Essential

Beauty From England

fpn_1435669488__11416335_101528474696173

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Got a package today that I was not expecting so soon. Noodler's Voltaire Candide Vermillion with a Charlie pen. I dig the pen a lot as well as the ink. Got the mail right before worked, ends up being slow tonight so I inked up and did a little doodling. I seem to draw a lot of dragons lately.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/murda_fiziks/Pen/20150629_223623.jpg

Ok, you just made me feel better about my impulse purchase last night of the large bottle of this ink. I was entranced and don't have a red ink, so I want for it. Afterwards I started to wonder, "What was I thinking?" But I'm glad I did. Now I'm even more excited.

And Mehandiratta, that Italix is much better looking than I thought they were. I'll have to take a closer look. Thanks!

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Ok, you just made me feel better about my impulse purchase last night of the large bottle of this ink. I was entranced and don't have a red ink, so I want for it. Afterwards I started to wonder, "What was I thinking?" But I'm glad I did. Now I'm even more excited.

And Mehandiratta, that Italix is much better looking than I thought they were. I'll have to take a closer look. Thanks!

You'll like it. To my surprise, I found that the ink has some kind of metallic stuff in the bottle like J. Herbin 1670's. The sheen only showed up for me with REALLY wet writing. It might be my mind playing tricks on me, but initially the sheen started out s a bluish color, then a day or two later turned to a greenish gold sheen.

Quite an interesting ink with subtle hidden features. The included Charlie pen won't show the sheen as far as I can tell, haven't tried it in any other pens yet but I'm sure I will eventually.

I am using Guider Marala today.... Ebonite Eyedropper Fountain Pen

Handmade in India including the nib...

fpn_1435735393__11204865_101528500595923

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Parker Vector with Parker Quink Blue.

Noodler's Ahab with J. Herbin Stormy Grey

J. Burchett
round-letter-exc.png