Organics Studio Genghis Khan Shimmering Red Quick Look

Davros

This is one of the White Box inks. I think there are a few bottles left at Anderson Pens.

Still no scanner, so you get bad photos instead.

Genghis is a strange ink. It is wetter than the other White Box inks, thank goodness, though the flow was uneven - if I paused, the next word was way darker. The color is a kind of a weathered coral-rose color that is weird. I keep going back and forth on whether I like it. If you drip a little in water, it doesn't disperse normally. Instead it forms little filamentous drops. These don't seem to be actually filaments, nor did I have any trouble washing it out of my nib.

That color. I keep going back to it. It does have a gold sheen to it. I am terrible at finding sheen, even with classically sheeny inks on sheeny paper, so it must be pretty strong. It isn't a Stormy Grey-style glitter, but an old-school sheen. I like that part, though I am not sure how well it accompanies the main shade. It washes pretty. I think I would love a softer version of this color, and a bold, deep version. Like many of Organics Studio's inks, I wonder if I did something wrong. I expected a bold red-red. (Didn't you?) This is more of a old-sweater-washed-80,000-times red, or a weather-beaten barn red, or a yarn-dyed-with-natural-roots red.

I do like it better tonight than last night, for sure.

Like most inks, it has zero water resistance.

post-107467-0-60480400-1419295194_thumb.jpgpost-107467-0-74486000-1419295212_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davros

• amberleadavis

• visvamitra

• lgsoltek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The color looks weird, but I can't really make a judgement with only these pics.

Thanks so much Davros... I hope more people get this ink so I can see more reviews (and maybe a scan or two.. lol) ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thank you for sharing it with us. Maybe we can do a CRV and see it compared to other inks?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

This is one ink I'm really looking forward to! I'm still waiting for my order to arrive!

...just love any kind of murky, subtle, strange color. If you fail to name the ink's color right away I might like it ;-)

Reminds me of some of the Noodler's UK or Russian Eternal inks which I love.

Thank's for sharing.

Cheers

Michael