The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Organics Studio Da Vinci Golden Mind - Quick Look

organics studio da vinci golden mind orange marigold

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Davros

Davros

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 19:06

Golden Mind is one of the White Box inks, and is available from Anderson Pens in a very limited quantity. In case you're on the fence, here is a quick look.

In summary, I really like the color. If you like dryish ink, take a look. It doesn't feel wet enough for me, but I prefer wet pens and wet inks. It's a dead ringer for Diamine Marigold, and has zero water resistance. It washes as a uniform color, so might be useful for a wash.

Sorry for the photos. I didn't want to wait until I got my new scanner, in case anyone was on the fence.

20141221_114918.jpg

20141221_115012.jpg

Text of review:
This is Organics Studio da Vinci's Golden Mind in a broad wet Jowo #6 (Scr. Pens) on white Tomoe River paper. It feels pretty dry, or maybe just not super lubricated. I don't have a lot of golden-orange inks, but I will compare with Diamine Marigold, my favorite ink in this shade.

Golden Mind is very legible, and while bright and cheerful, not painful to read. I have only done cursory testing, but haven't encountered any clogging issues.

I really do love the color, but not sure I have room for another golden ink. (It does have a consistent wash.)
----
The water drips show more residue than I see. I don't think this is resistant at all.

Sponsored Content

#2 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2014 - 19:21

Great color :) Thank you for the review.

#3 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2014 - 20:14

Thanks sooo much... I was looking for this ink for some time. 

Did you get all of the White Box inks?  

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#4 Davros

Davros

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 20:57

I did!  I couldn't help myself.  I'm going to try to do quick reviews of the others, as well.  

#5 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:25

I did!  I couldn't help myself.  I'm going to try to do quick reviews of the others, as well.  

YAY!!!... Dying to see Genghis Khan !!   :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#6 Davros

Davros

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:31

Light is gone here, but the mini-review is written. I will try to make it happen tomorrow. It is interesting; I don't have anything like it. I am waiting for sunlight before looking for the shimmer.

#7 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,587 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2014 - 23:35

I like the combo of the ink with that PEN - a perfect complEment.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: organics studio, da vinci, golden mind, orange, marigold

Sponsored Content

|