The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

S T Dupont Bleu Royal / Royal Blue

st dupont royal blue royal blue

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 19:59

Actually, the sailor bottles are rather clever. If you have a sailor pen, and you dip it into the bottle to refill it, the design is such that you only immese the nib, but not the collar of the secion, which means less ink gets wasted. Of course, it doesn't help when you are using a non-sailor pen with a huge nib - then you have a slight problem.

This has more to do with the pen than the bottle. You can immerse a sailor nib in most other other bottles and the pen will still fill but the same cant be said of other pen brands and sailor bottles. For that matter, I cant even get sailor pens to fill from sailor bottles and resort to filling the converter directly. The sailor bottle is annoying but the inks are terrific so I put up with the bad bottle.

Sponsored Content

#22 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:03

Agree. I put up with it despite the bottle. I just put their inks in iroshizuku bottles. 

But that makes me sad. And if sailor wants to keep bumping their prices, they need to come up with a better bottle.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: st dupont royal blue, royal blue

Sponsored Content

|