Is There About Montblanc 146 14C Monotone Document?

veryred

Hellow ~

I have found many article and document for a long time about 146 14c monotone.

But I can't find official article & document about 146 14c monotone.

Who say "in 1970s" but I don't have idea.

Is there who show me a official article or document or explain or link?

Thank you everyone.

:doh:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• veryred

• hari317

• jar

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally have not found a Montblanc 146 with a monotone 14C nib but have found ones with a 14K nib. The 146 was discontinued in the late 50s and at that time it came with a 14C Bitone nib. In the mid to late 70s the 146 (as well as the revised 144 cartridge/converter pen) were reintroduced and at that time they came with a monotone 14K nib.

There may well be monotone 14C 146s out there but I simply have not yet found one.

1948 or 49 146 14C bitone nib.

http://www.fototime.com/F45AED24A3C77CE/xlarge.jpg

two 1970s 146 monotone 14K nibs and a 1950s bitone 14C nib.

http://www.fototime.com/0391E0B09416516/xlarge.jpg

My Website

I personally have not found a Montblanc 146 with a monotone 14C nib but have found ones with a 14K nib. The 146 was discontinued in the late 50s and at that time it came with a 14C Bitone nib. In the mid to late 70s the 146 (as well as the revised 144 cartridge/converter pen) were reintroduced and at that time they came with a monotone 14K nib.

There may well be monotone 14C 146s out there but I simply have not yet found one.

1948 or 49 146 14C bitone nib.

two 1970s 146 monotone 14K nibs and a 1950s bitone 14C nib.

Hi Jar,

here you go:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/146%20nibs/IMG_5907.jpg

more here.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thank you for good replys.

I guess 146 14c bicolor became 14c monocolor by polishing, because I can't find any authenticate document about montblanc 146c monocolor.

I wondered if it really exists. :excl:

Edited by veryred

Thank you for good replys.

I guess 146 14c bicolor became 14c monocolor by polishing, because I can't find any authenticate document about montblanc 146c monocolor.

I wondered if it really exists. :excl:

Probably not. What Hari shows is a nib and section from the reintroduced 146 that has a totally different feed and section than the earlier celluloid 146s.

My Website

Hello veryred, do you ask about the celluloid era 146 or the later resin era? 70s is solidly the resin era and what official documents do you refer to?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I have a 146 with a monotone yellow gold nib. I bought it from an AD in about 1990, brand new. Its been back to MB recently, who fixed a leak.

Unfortunately I cannot take a picture right now and cannot remember how the nib is inscribed.

Is a picture of this nib going to be helpful?

It means advertisements, catalogs, company records, etc about 14c monotone.

I'm not sure who makes below chart, I'm sorry about that.

post-105333-0-10457000-1418711438_thumb.

This chart doesn't show the monocolor 146 14c, I'm not sure this chart's credibility.

I already had read about dating 146 by a few topics. But it cause me more confused.

post-105333-0-46808800-1418711493_thumb.

This is a piece of 146 price list in 1973( 14kt ).

I really wonder weather it (14C monocolor) was manufactured or not.

If it was manufactured, when?

Actually, I have been thinking about its not existing so far.

Any reply,I am sincerely grateful to it.

I'm sorry about lacking my expression.

post-105333-0-10457000-1418711438_thumb.jpg

post-105333-0-46808800-1418711493_thumb.jpg

Just to throwing into the mix that there is the possibility that some older pens started out with plating and then had it polished off over the years, either through use or because the plating started to look patchy and the owner aggresively removed it. So if you do find a 14C monotone nib, it might not necessarily have started out that way.

"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

veryred, rest assured that chart is certainly "not official", it looks to be on similar lines like the FPN 149 date chart effort, prepared by one or a group of pen nuts.

marketing literature can state "14kt" which just means 14 parts in 24. That does not indicate if the nib was marked 14C or 14K. Carat vs Karat, what is right...

I have several examples of plastic era 146 nibs which are monotone and marked 14C. they were not due to the result of plating wear.

the modern 146 got the bitone 14k nib only in the 90s.

I also have 18C marked monotone nibs. That chart does not speak about them either.

Charts are just rough guides limited by knowledge at the time the chart was made.

HTH.

veryred, rest assured that chart is certainly "not official", it looks to be on similar lines like the FPN 149 date chart effort, prepared by one or a group of pen nuts.

marketing literature can state "14kt" which just means 14 parts in 24. That does not indicate if the nib was marked 14C or 14K. Carat vs Karat, what is right...

I have several examples of plastic era 146 nibs which are monotone and marked 14C. they were not due to the result of plating wear.

the modern 146 got the bitone 14k nib only in the 90s.

I also have 18C marked monotone nibs. That chart does not speak about them either.

Charts are just rough guides limited by knowledge at the time the chart was made.

HTH.

Wow, I understand your words. Thank you so much. :D

Just to throwing into the mix that there is the possibility that some older pens started out with plating and then had it polished off over the years, either through use or because the plating started to look patchy and the owner aggresively removed it. So if you do find a 14C monotone nib, it might not necessarily have started out that way.

Thank you for your advice.^^

I have a 146 with a monotone yellow gold nib. I bought it from an AD in about 1990, brand new. Its been back to MB recently, who fixed a leak.

Unfortunately I cannot take a picture right now and cannot remember how the nib is inscribed.

Is a picture of this nib going to be helpful?

I already solved it. Thank you. ^^

Probably not. What Hari shows is a nib and section from the reintroduced 146 that has a totally different feed and section than the earlier celluloid 146s.

Thank you, I solved it by hari317 reply.