The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Last Of The Organics Studio Inks

ink organics studio

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Oranges and Apples

Oranges and Apples

Vantage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:20

My favorite is Potassium Lavender. I might have to spring for the 16oz even though I just purchased 3 bottles of J. Herbin's 1670 Stormy Grey.

Sponsored Content

#22 Davros

Davros

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:12

I got a big bottle of Whitman. Whoo! But someone grabbed my teal. I was real close to getting Khaki, but just couldn't quite pull the trigger. If anyone has a sample of the true teal or the khaki, I would like one for my sample book. (I did get the limited edition white box inks.)

I am sad about the lack of Blue Merle and Fitzgerald.

#23 dragondazd

dragondazd

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:29

I was intrigued by the teal too but I have a lot of blue floating around right now

#24 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:36

Damn.. I just saw this.... I would have LOOOOVED to grab the Khaki...

If anyone is interested in sharing a generous sample... I can provide exclusive and hard to find inks samples (Sailor LE, KWZI, Parker Penman..)  :lol:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#25 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 9,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2014 - 22:55

I got the last 2 bottles of Uranium from Bertram's Inkwell.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#26 Penlust

Penlust

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:45

Just logged on to Anderson. OK, maybe an 8 oz. bottle of Mark Twain was overkill but I love that color. And if I was paying shipping anyway why not get the Marie Curie's Radium. Any advice for keeping an 8 oz. bottle of ink fresh as a daisy?

#27 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:58

Keep away from heat and sunlight. Store upright. You might want to consider decanting/filling into a smaller bottle that you use to fill pens.

I think the biggest issue over long periods of time might be evaporation of the water. But we're talking many years here. Keep the lid tightly closed obviously.

Others may have more useful suggestions than mine.

#28 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 23:46

With OS inks, be cautious about potential contamination.  My two complaints - too dry (that is not how most people feel) and they needed more biocide.  If you live in a mold friendly zone (ask SeeksAdvice about the Dakotas) then, you should add phenol to your entire collection.  Other than that, you should have have these inks for decades if you hoard them, months if you write a LOT (I vote you write more and encourage Tyler to make more ink).

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#29 Icywolfe

Icywolfe

I <3 Anime

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:25

I think I gotten most of the collection of OS inks. But I don't know how many different inks they made in total.

#Nope

#30 Penlust

Penlust

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:44

Thanks for the advice. I do have a smaller bottle and I will refill that and use it to refill pens. And write a lot. And beg Tyler to make more ink.

#31 Chettiar

Chettiar

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2015 - 20:37

Hi Amber, could you please advise how much phenol to add to a bottle? I am getting some manganese, boron and Charles Darwin blue black off ebay. Hoping to store them for a while until I finish off the noodlers samples.

Thanks.

#32 Blatherscribe

Blatherscribe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,521 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:08

Any news on the return of these inks?  I missed out on Organics Studio whilst on a hiatus from FPN, and I could tear out my hair in frustration. :gaah:

#33 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:13

Any news on the return of these inks?  I missed out on Organics Studio whilst on a hiatus from FPN, and I could tear out my hair in frustration. :gaah:

You can still get some of the popular colors at Anderson Pens, Vannes... and maybe somewhere else.

If you are looking for a specific one that you can't find, drop by the classified and request it.  I am sure someone will be willing to share or even sell you a bottle.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#34 Blatherscribe

Blatherscribe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,521 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 15:13

I was looking at Anderson Pens just a short time ago. :)  I'm definitely going to acquire a bottle or two.  I'm just hoping they'll return before I get addicted.

#35 Azure Flash

Azure Flash

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2015 - 19:27

Ordered a bottle each of Jane Austen and Emily Dickinson! It's nice to be addicted to a less popular range of colors, my favorite items wait for me longer :P

#36 Blatherscribe

Blatherscribe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,521 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 21:05

I was able to find a large bottle of Mark Twain Halley's Comet Blue at Anderson Pens, and two (small :( ) bottles of Blue Merle at Zeller Writing Co.  I so hope they return soon!  Both of these look like inks I've been seeking for a long time: a true blue-black that has no green in it, and a well-behaved version of Caran d'Ache Storm.

#37 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:38

When my bottle of Walt Whitman Green (with shades of grey) runs out, I will be very sad. I use it only for personal purposes.

#38 kulnet

kulnet

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:04

How sad. One of my favorite inks of all time has to be my Organics Studios Cobolt.

#39 Blatherscribe

Blatherscribe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,521 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 18:44

Hi Amber, could you please advise how much phenol to add to a bottle? I am getting some manganese, boron and Charles Darwin blue black off ebay. Hoping to store them for a while until I finish off the noodlers samples.

Thanks.

Might there be an answer to this question?  I have several bottles on their way to me, and I'd like them to last.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, organics studio

Sponsored Content

|