The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Yard-O-Led How To Install Ballpoint Refill

yard-o-led ballpoint

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flevy9

flevy9

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:24

I just bought a used YOL ballpoint.  The instructions say: repel (withdraw) point and continue to unscrew the top.  But it won't turn further, and I'm reluctant to use force.  Am I missing something?

Fritz Levy

Sponsored Content

#2 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2014 - 14:02

I believe there are two types of YOL B, but that the refills only fit the more modern type.

YOL will convert the older BP's to take the new refill at a modest cost  (£15 -£18?) or will fit complete new mechanism for a higher charge.

I took advantage of the former service a year or so back and YOL were quick and efficient.

#3 flevy9

flevy9

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2014 - 18:28

Thanks, Northlodge.  But first I'd like to see what sort of refill it takes and I can't even unscrew the cap to look.  The instructions say, keep turning counter-clockwise, but the cap won't turn.

fjl

#4 soapytwist

soapytwist

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 18:56

If it's a REALLY old YOL biro (eighties or older), it will be a friction-fit cap that comes off in the same manner as their pencil caps, and the biro refill will come out with the cap (again, a friction-fit).

"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yard-o-led, ballpoint

Sponsored Content

|