Final Design "minimalistica" Bulk Fillers

fountainbel

Pens for people who write with their pens!

Great ink volume for a small pen , bulkfiller system is gorgeous for cleaning your pen as well

Well designed , well done Francis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• Cryptos

• RMN

• alc3261

Thank you all for your friendly comments !

And good news: the First Production Run of the Minimalistica's is just launched !

Francis

Fantastic design and execution Francis...but I expected no less from you.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

This is a question to Francis:

First of, I really like Minimalistica+

Can you "de-activate" the shut-off valve on bulkfillers, or will that lead to problems?

Thanks for answering,

Laurens

"I will write you a long letter, for I do not have time to write a short one." (Blaise Pascal)

"To get the right answer, you have to ask the right question." (Big Cheese)

Hi Laurens,

One can easily dis-activate the ink shut-off by removing the frontal O ring on the piston rod.

Drawback being a near empty pen could leak when exposed to high air pressure / temperature variations.

Francis

http://www.conidpen.com

470 Euros :yikes: Holy Moly.

Could get a decent Montblanc for that.

Sure, but the Conid pens are at least as good...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi Laurens,

One can easily dis-activate the ink shut-off by removing the frontal O ring on the piston rod.

Drawback being a near empty pen could leak when exposed to high air pressure / temperature variations.

Francis

Hi Francis,

Thank you for your quick and informative answer.

I am no too worried about variations in the air pressure. Temperature variations should be moderate with Dutch climate and I generally do not write for more ten minutes without interruption, so body temparature should not be a huge factor.

Then, that only leaves me to decide: streamline or flattop...

Thanks again,

Laurens

"I will write you a long letter, for I do not have time to write a short one." (Blaise Pascal)

"To get the right answer, you have to ask the right question." (Big Cheese)

Sure, but the Conid pens are at least as good...

Somewhat academic as I'll never be able to afford either.

So, let me rephrase, Holy Moly, I could get a Nakaya for the same price!

Edited by Cryptos

Somewhat academic as I'll never be able to afford either.

So, let me rephrase, Holy Moly, I could a Nakaya for the same price!

Hi Cryptos,

Cost for the " Minimalistica" Bulk filler with steel F or M Bock M nib will be around 290€.

The "Minimalistica +" with the same nib choice will be around 340 €.

Francis

http://www.conidpen.com

Francis,

They look interesting and the designs are very nice. I guess I will simply have to experience them vicariously. That's as close as I will ever get.

Someone further up said "Pens for people who write with their pens!". I am a person who writes with my pens - not a collector. The statement should say "Pens for affluent people who write with their pens".

Well done,

Cryptos.

Francis,

They look interesting and the designs are very nice. I guess I will simply have to experience them vicariously. That's as close as I will ever get.

Someone further up said "Pens for people who write with their pens!". I am a person who writes with my pens - not a collector. The statement should say "Pens for affluent people who write with their pens".

Well done,

Cryptos.

They definitely are not cheap. But I don't think they are overpriced at all. Knowing that every bit of the pen is machined, the hardware is solid titanium, the unique-filling system, etc. I think the price Conid is asking is VERY reasonable for what you get.

They definitely are not cheap. But I don't think they are overpriced at all. Knowing that every bit of the pen is machined, the hardware is solid titanium, the unique-filling system, etc. I think the price Conid is asking is VERY reasonable for what you get.

:thumbup: +1

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Ah! I didn't say they were overpriced. They are expensive though. In all honesty if I was ever going to spend that much on a pen (chance would be a fine thing) I don't think I would be satisfied with an 'off the shelf' model, no matter how innovative the filling system.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind having a look at one, so if anyone wants to loan one across the world for a couple of weeks, let me know! :D

Edited by Cryptos

Ah! I didn't say they were overpriced.

Ah, forgive me then. It was this comment that you made earlier that sounded like you thought it was overpriced:

470 Euros :yikes: Holy Moly.

Could get a decent Montblanc for that.

In all honesty if I was ever going to spend that much on a pen (chance would be a fine thing) I don't think I would be satisfied with an 'off the shelf' model, no matter how innovative the filling system.

Fair enough. I agree it's definitely cool to get something made specifically for you.

Yeah, it was a comparison. On the one hand we have some very well established big name makers, and here we have Conid selling in the same price bracket, and Conid are... well, who exactly are Conid?

As a potential buyer (well, the rest of you anyway) it seems logical to compare the new to the established.

I'd still like to see one in person though!

Yeah, it was a comparison. On the one hand we have some very well established big name makers, and here we have Conid selling in the same price bracket, and Conid are... well, who exactly are Conid?

As a potential buyer (well, the rest of you anyway) it seems logical to compare the new to the established.

I'd still like to see one in person though!

That's why reviews are so important.

Conid's pens offer some compelling benefits over other pens in the same price range. Sat beside each other, they match or often surpass the competition in perceived quality, let alone actual quality.

The only two things the company lacks compared to its rivals, are name recognition and exposure.

Too many pens; too little writing.

That's why reviews are so important.

Conid's pens offer some compelling benefits over other pens in the same price range. Sat beside each other, they match or often surpass the competition in perceived quality, let alone actual quality.

The only two things the company lacks compared to its rivals, are name recognition and exposure.

Totally agree. Conid's pens are made out of premium materials and to the highest quality. Given how Conid manufactures their pens, I find it hard to see how Conid could price their pens any lower.

Btw, mongrelnomad, your review of your Romillo Nervion helped me greatly in deciding to order my Romillo Eo #9. And your Hakase reviews and Conid reviews are also pushing me towards those two pens as well ... Thank you very much! Those pens, because of the barriers to entry (high price, long wait-times in the case Hakase, low name recognition, etc,) have been reviewed infrequently, and your reviews have been uniformly well-done.

Edited by rpsyed

I have been watching the development of the Conid line (by the way, "Conid Bulkfiller" is a terrible name -- it reminds me the person in the back of the classroom who never learned to read). I am not in the market for a premium pen at this time, but I am interested in what Conid has to offer.

Others have drawn attention to the novel filling mechanism and the quality of manufacturing. What draws my interest is the interchangeability of parts, which reminds me of the revolution that Colt brought to the marketplace. The PC is essentially a plug-and-play platform; perhaps some day, pen parts will be replaceable and the brands that we are accustomed to will be superannuated.

It all depends on whether a company has the ability and will to develop a manufacturing process that makes a serious dent in the writing device market. I'm looking forward to what Conid does over the next few years.