The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Repairs: What's With The Delays?

stipula stipula repairs

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#81 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2015 - 00:17

Congratulations David. Just curious if you actually received it back. I'm still waiting on my pen; I haven't got any call from Yafa, but I did send them an email today (yet to hear back). I'm hoping that mine was in that shipment was well.

Anthony

It is 5pm here. I have not received the pen, but UPS commonly delivers between 6 and 7pm to residences. It wouldn't surprise me if the pen doesn't arrive today, however. The person currently in charge of repairs for Yafa is new on the job. When she called to tell me she was shipping  the pen, I asked her to email a tracking number to me. I don't think she had ever heard of a "tracking number." (I haven't received one.)

E-mail doesn't seem to work. Leaving phone messages doesn't either. My best success has been when I call their 800 number and get connected to the person to whom I need to talk. Good luck to us all!

David

Sponsored Content

#82 SoCalBilling

SoCalBilling

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2015 - 14:34

It is 5pm here. I have not received the pen, but UPS commonly delivers between 6 and 7pm to residences. It wouldn't surprise me if the pen doesn't arrive today, however. The person currently in charge of repairs for Yafa is new on the job. When she called to tell me she was shipping  the pen, I asked her to email a tracking number to me. I don't think she had ever heard of a "tracking number." (I haven't received one.)

E-mail doesn't seem to work. Leaving phone messages doesn't either. My best success has been when I call their 800 number and get connected to the person to whom I need to talk. Good luck to us all!

David

Hi David,

Just curious if you have gotten your pen back yet. And if was fixed :thumbup: Keep us posted. I have yet to get a response to my email a couple of days ago.

Anthony

#83 dms525

dms525

Antique

• 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2015 - 19:20

Hi David,

Just curious if you have gotten your pen back yet. And if was fixed :thumbup: Keep us posted. I have yet to get a response to my email a couple of days ago.

Anthony

Short answer: No.

I didn't receive the pen Wednesday, so I called Yafa Thursday (yesterday). It hadn't been shipped, but they would ship it shortly. I asked for the tracking number and verified my email address. No pen. No tracking number. So, I called this morning. I was told it had been shipped this morning, and they would call me with the tracking number by the end of the day.

Well, needless to say, Yafa's credibility is questionable in my mind. I have some skepticism regarding whether the pen has really been shipped. I do hope they really have received it back from Italy. At this point, since they are using FedEx Ground, I don't expect it before next week, at best.

Further elaboration regarding my thoughts and emotions have been redacted as inappropriate for a family forum.

David

#84 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:24

I am sorry to hear you are still "without pen" & fighting to get information regarding same.  I certainly know the feeling which is why I look @ 2 pens every day that are awaiting nib replacements.  Having gone through similar experience last summer (with a different distributor) I have just "not been up to" dealing with the expected worry.  Short of resorting to a trip to Italy to "hand them over in person" it is very frustrating.  And I imagine I would just want to spend my time @ Novellis anyway!   I bet he doesn't have these same problems.  I hope next week brings your pen home "safe & sound."

#85 dms525

dms525

Antique

• 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 15:57

I am sorry to hear you are still "without pen" & fighting to get information regarding same.  I certainly know the feeling which is why I look @ 2 pens every day that are awaiting nib replacements.  Having gone through similar experience last summer (with a different distributor) I have just "not been up to" dealing with the expected worry.  Short of resorting to a trip to Italy to "hand them over in person" it is very frustrating.  And I imagine I would just want to spend my time @ Novellis anyway!   I bet he doesn't have these same problems.  I hope next week brings your pen home "safe & sound."

I never received the promised phone call with the tracking number for my pen. As previously indicated, I am not confident that they were truthful regarding it having shipped.

If your nibs needing replacement are on pens distributed by Yafa, that is a task they do in Canoga Park. It does not require sending the pen to Italy. However, if the desired nibs must be special ordered from Italy, that can take 10-12 weeks, from my own experience.

I don't know that you would get any better service hand carrying your pen to the factory. However, Florence does have other attractions.  :)

David

#86 AoKiu

AoKiu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 16:32

Short update on my Stipula pens Etruria Ambrosia and Panarea LE sent for repair:

Got an email from Mr. Luca Viti that my pens are in good hands and taken care of.

Edited by AoKiu, 18 April 2015 - 16:34.

Ubi bene, ibi patria.

#87 dms525

dms525

Antique

• 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 17:34

Short update on my Stipula pens Etruria Ambrosia and Panarea LE sent for repair:

Got an email from Mr. Luca Viti that my pens are in good hands and taken care of.

It does seem that Stipula is getting its act together. That's good news. Stipula's American distributor ... Well, that's another story.

Good luck getting your pens back in your hands!

David

#88 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 20:56

I never received the promised phone call with the tracking number for my pen. As previously indicated, I am not confident that they were truthful regarding it having shipped.

If your nibs needing replacement are on pens distributed by Yafa, that is a task they do in Canoga Park. It does not require sending the pen to Italy. However, if the desired nibs must be special ordered from Italy, that can take 10-12 weeks, from my own experience.

I don't know that you would get any better service hand carrying your pen to the factory. However, Florence does have other attractions.  :)

David

No it is another distributor that would supply the nib change.  However my experience when used previously was suspiciously similar to yours with Yafa.  I have no expectation that it would be different a "second time around the block" so I ignore the issue until I feel "up to it!"

AND I love all of Italy.  Cannot imagine ANY place that I could not enjoy.  I am only sorry I had not renewed my interest in pens when visiting last.

#89 tklonowski

tklonowski

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 00:40

I've been following this topic with great interest as I sent my Stipula Florentia Amber to YAFA on 9/1/14 to have its' piston repaired. I heard nothing and about a month later emailed them. They replied that the pen had been sent to the Stipula factory for repairs. Haven't heard anything from them since. 

Out of the blue today, I got a email from Fedex that I've got a delivery coming from YAFA. and delivery is due on Thursday. It has to be the Stipula Florentia as I don't have any other business with YAFA. It seems to be too good to be true and I won't believe till I see my beloved pen again. I will let everyone know the outcome.

#90 dms525

dms525

Antique

• 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:42

Here is an update on my pen's travels: So, the Yafa repair person did not provide me with a tracking number as promised last Friday. I called again this morning, and, as soon as I mentioned my name, she said she would get the tracking number for me. She did, and a check with the FedEx tracking site showed that the package was picked up late Friday, went from Canoga Park, CA, which is about 200 miles from my home, to Memphis, TN on Saturday and, from there, to Oakland, CA on Sunday. It is expected to be delivered on Wednesday.

I believe the inmates are currently in charge of this insane asylum.

David

#91 dms525

dms525

Antique

• 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2015 - 19:58

My repaired pen was supposed to be delivered late this afternoon, but I arranged to pick it up at FedEx this morning.  The outer packaging looked like some one had jumped up and down on it, but the pen was in a protective tube which was intact.

The section is re-attached to the barrel. The pattern of the celluloid is not matched up, but that doesn't bother me ... too much. The pen fills and writes nominally. The 1.1 mm "italic" nib is not very crisp, but I expect to have it ground to my liking at the SF Pen Show in August. 

Best of luck to all the others awaiting pens being repaired by Stipula! It does sound like they are in operation again.

David

#92 mgepark

mgepark

mgepark

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 00:35

A memorable day for me. I came home to a Fedex box unexpected totally and I saw Gilbert Sanchez/Yafa on it and got super excited. I have the La 91 on which the metal inner barrel cracked and I had doubts about it being repaired and would accept it if I was told no go as there was some negligence involved. It seems to be brand new. After 9 months it was worth it and I'm happy. Going to send a thank you to Yafa as well. Hoping you folks start to report good news also.

#93 Sketch and Doodle

Sketch and Doodle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 00:53

Great news! mgepark.

I got the email from Luca directly about a week ago that they are working on my pen and I should receive it soon. It was a second time repairing due to poor repair work done. $1200 pen felt cheaper than $120 pen. The glue was into the nib section thread and was making a noise and the nib wasn't attached aligned so while closing the cap the nib gets twisted. Poor workmanship.

Hope they fix it and by reading your post I have a better hope.

#94 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:25

My repaired pen was supposed to be delivered late this afternoon, but I arranged to pick it up at FedEx this morning.  The outer packaging looked like some one had jumped up and down on it, but the pen was in a protective tube which was intact.

The section is re-attached to the barrel. The pattern of the celluloid is not matched up, but that doesn't bother me ... too much. The pen fills and writes nominally. The 1.1 mm "italic" nib is not very crisp, but I expect to have it ground to my liking at the SF Pen Show in August. 

Best of luck to all the others awaiting pens being repaired by Stipula! It does sound like they are in operation again.

David

I am happy to hear you received your pen (& VERY happy to hear it was shipped inside the "protective tube!)

#95 dms525

dms525

Antique

• 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:30

I am happy to hear you received your pen (& VERY happy to hear it was shipped inside the "protective tube!)

Thank you for the sentiments. I believe the protective tube was the one in which I originally sent my pen to Yafa. I bet it traveled to Italy, had an extended stay in Florence and is now home again. 

David

#96 tklonowski

tklonowski

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 14:55

I received my Stipula Florentia Amber yesterday from YAFA. They did a good job replacing the piston and my pen is

fully functional again. I'm happy it's back and fixed. I thought I'd never see it again.

#97 dms525

dms525

Antique

• 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 19:39

Glad to hear your good news! Maybe we have a pattern here.

Happy writing!
David

#98 Sketch and Doodle

Sketch and Doodle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2015 - 00:46

I've got an email from Luca that mine's ready to be shipped.

I'm looking forward to it and hoping the repairs done right this time.

#99 Sketch and Doodle

Sketch and Doodle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2015 - 19:54

Yay! I finally received the pen from Italy!

They have fixed all the issues and it looks like new again.

The separated nib section is attached perfectly and the cap thread is perfectly closing without any issues and they even corrected the nib. The tines had a gap and was skipping occasionally.

It was the worth the wait for 9 months. (twice)

A happy ending!

All the best for Stipula!

#100 dms525

dms525

Antique

• 2,354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2015 - 22:28

Yay! I finally received the pen from Italy!

They have fixed all the issues and it looks like new again.

The separated nib section is attached perfectly and the cap thread is perfectly closing without any issues and they even corrected the nib. The tines had a gap and was skipping occasionally.

It was the worth the wait for 9 months. (twice)

A happy ending!

All the best for Stipula!

:thumbup:

David

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stipula, stipula repairs

Sponsored Content

|