Stipula Repairs: What's With The Delays?

dms525

Thanks. I have what you would call a luxury goods contact in Firenze and I've asked them to see what they could find out for us.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• SoCalBilling

• Phormula

• mge01park

The new name of the company is "Antiche Fabbriche Firenze".

The company took over the Stipula brand (which was under "voluntary liquidation") in 2013 and recently relocated the business.

They also took over an Italian nib manufacturer in Bologna, with the intention of making their own nibs.

According to an interview with the company sales manager (former owner of Stipula) the company is willing to continue the business, albeit with reduced resources.

Don't take life too seriously

Nobody makes it out alive anyway

The new name of the company is "Antiche Fabbriche Firenze".

The company took over the Stipula brand (which was under "voluntary liquidation") in 2013 and recently relocated the business.

They also took over an Italian nib manufacturer in Bologna, with the intention of making their own nibs.

According to an interview with the company sales manager (former owner of Stipula) the company is willing to continue the business, albeit with reduced resources.

Thanks for the information! Do you know if the new factory is actually making pens yet? Are they working on the backlog of repairs? Should I (and others) have any hope of getting our pens back?

David

Antiche Fabbriche firenze is a management company that provides management and know how as well as capital to help small companies with potential survive and grow. Most likely they saw an opportunity in Stipula, which was almost dead in 2013.

http://www.antichefabbrichefirenze.it/obiettivo.html

Maybe you can contact them to understand about your pen.

On 2015/01/15 I sent an inquiry to "marketing.sales@antichefabbrichefirenze.it" regarding two STIPULA fountain pens for repair. Got a reply from Mr. Luca Viti on Sat 2015/01/17 to ship the pens to:

Stipula c/o Idea Prima srl

Costa Scarpuccia 9

50125 Firenze

Italy

Tel +39055200600

I sent my pens on 2015/01/18 via registered airmail. Since then I haven't heard from them. Tried to get confirmation that they received my pens but no reply. Waiting and hoping....

Ubi bene ibi patria.

Well, I have had some posts above. Pens sent through Yafa in 2014 would have reached the new owner (let's call them that as they took over in 2013) and there certainly should be some kind of accountability. Perhaps they don't want to honor warranties or have no parts, etc., then the pens should come back. I heard from a Yafa rep this week and was advised that they're working with Stipula Italy to get the pens repaired and back here. Hopefully while trying to sell new pens and manufacture new pens they'll provide good customer service. I'm having major issues with Acme for 5 months also now, no pen back either. We live in a time that new sales and revenue is all companies are interested about and not any service and it's very widespread. Yes, there are many that are excellent that we deal with here in this group, actually most of them are.

My feeling is that they are positive about the chances to bring Stipula back to success, albeit the task is not easy because the company in 2013 was on the brink of shutdown. I hope they can bring back Stipula pens, my Etruria Rainbow is really a workhorse.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe good news on Stipula ...

So, I made my monthly call to Yafa today. I just got off the phone with the new person in charge of repairs for Yafa. (Clara, the person with whom I had been dealing, is no longer with Yafa.) The repairs woman had not a clue regarding the Stipula repair backlog, but she put me on hold and called Stipula in Italy. She then told me Stipula said they have shipped a group of over 70 (!) repaired pens to Yafa, and they should get to Canoga Park within a week. Stipula also indicated they intend to clear the repair backlog quickly now. Of course, there is no certainty that my pen is in the shipment that is presently en route, but one can hope.

David

David,

We all hope that your pen is with the packet!

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

I really do hope they get their act together. I like many of their designs but I'm hesitant to buy anything else from them until they get things straighten out.

Thanks for the positive vibrations! They can only help.

As several have said, Stipula has had some marvelous designs, and I love the use they make of the local talented jewelers in Firenze. Their stock italic nibs are really outstanding, IMO. Quality control for assembly may not be their strength, and they have had serious financial difficulties.

I seriously love my Etrurias, except the one that came apart. I would hesitate to buy more until they have shown some stability for a while. They could stand to work on customer relations too.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting my pen back. I hope it is really fixed and writes at least as nicely as it did before its dis-integration.

David

I've had the same issue of my Stipula's nib section came apart and sent in Sept. 2014 and got the pen back in Dec. 2014 only to discover the repair was done poorly and I had to sent back and still waiting. About three weeks ago, Luca said to get mine fixed and send back and it's been three weeks I haven't got his reply back.

Still waiting...

It's the most expensive pen I paid for and limited edition only 2 made worldwide. I really enjoyed while working though.

I've had the same issue of my Stipula's nib section came apart and sent in Sept. 2014 and got the pen back in Dec. 2014 only to discover the repair was done poorly and I had to sent back and still waiting. About three weeks ago, Luca said to get mine fixed and send back and it's been three weeks I haven't got his reply back.

Still waiting...

It's the most expensive pen I paid for and limited edition only 2 made worldwide. I really enjoyed while working though.

:(

You have been communicating directly with Stipula? I have never been able to get a response from them.

David

There were no dealer nor rep to go through in Canada and not like in the U.S. so I was given a direct contact with Stipula.

Still waiting...

I just received email from Luca saying that they should be ready in about a week. Hope he sticks to his words and cross my fingers.

I just received email from Luca saying that they should be ready in about a week. Hope he sticks to his words and cross my fingers.

I'll cross my fingers for you too.

Here it is mid-week, and I haven't heard from Yafa that my pen has been returned from Stipula. I'm still hoping.

David

I believe I will name my facetted Etruria "Phoenix."

I received a phone call from Yafa this morning. My pen has returned from Italy to Canoga Park and will be shipped to me today! With luck, I should get it tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping the repair proves adequate.

David

I received a phone call from Yafa this morning. My pen has returned from Italy to Canoga Park and will be shipped to me today! With luck, I should get it tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping the repair proves adequate.

David

:thumbup:

David

Congratulations David. Just curious if you actually received it back. I'm still waiting on my pen; I haven't got any call from Yafa, but I did send them an email today (yet to hear back). I'm hoping that mine was in that shipment was well.

Anthony