Stipula Repairs: What's With The Delays?

dms525

Darn it, one of my most expensive Stipula's needs repairs and I just bought it about 1 month ago. Now what do I do???

What you do is to never buy another Stipula and bury the one you just bought. Stipula has been suffering long enough and its probably going to get its life support pulled pretty soon.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• SoCalBilling

• Phormula

• mge01park

Try contacting Yafa in the US.

Stipula is in business, they did not so much let go of people, the work has been distributed in a different way.

At the old factory they only manufacture the more expensive pens now, and AFF (the holding company) has taken overthe production of the cheaper pens.

I actually received a repaired pen in January this year.

I do not think they are all geared up yet for extensive support. In addition, In Europe, according to law, this really lies with the retailer. Normally one cannot contact a manufacturer directly for repairs or warranty issues over here, it has to go through the retail chain where the item was acquired.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

The problem is that Yafa has not received any pens sent to Stipula for repairs back for over six months, and Stipula is very vague about when any will be fixed and returned. If that is "in business," it is a business plan for going out of business.

I really love the Stipulas I have that have not come apart. But to have one simply come apart, have to be sent abroad for repairs and to remain unrepaired for most of a year with no hint that I will ever see it again ... I won't be buying any more Stipulas until conditions change, and I cannot recommend anyone else buy them. It's really quite sad.

David

Edited by dms525

Darn it, one of my most expensive Stipula's needs repairs and I just bought it about 1 month ago. Now what do I do???

Well, I called the company where I bought my Stipula. They are well known here on FPN, but I won't mention them. They advised me that Stipula is moving and that is the reason for all the confusion right now. Since I am in no particular hurry for my pen, They advised me to send it thru Yafa.com which I did. I am more at ease right now! I just want my Good Stipula repair correctly! If it takes a month or three, so be it.......

My understanding is that the whole of Italy takes August off, with the exception of the hospitality industry.

:lticaptd:

That`s because the hospitality industry uses immigrant workforce.

Edited by rochester21

:lticaptd:

That`s because the hospitality industry uses immigrant workforce.

No, that's because the hospitality industry works only in that period.

Yes, got the same news from my main supplier of fountain pens, ink and stationery (i.e. my FP "pusher" :D ).

Other than selling its own pens, Stipula is the Italian distributor of some foreign brands, like Kaweco, and shops are experiencing delays in getting orders as well.

Don't take life too seriously

Nobody makes it out alive anyway

Some sigh of relief reading this entire thread for the first time. I've had an LA91 in which the nib unit suffered a crack in the metal where the ring attached to the barrel. I sent it to Yafa in July and have kept inquiring with no results but (yes) responses from Clara who has always been excellent with repairs, refills and supplies. I've sent Yafa Delta repairs through the years and have always had success. They also scrounged up supplies for the discontinued colored Mega Ink Balls which I have loved using. Hopefully Stipula will get it going soon, I miss that little baby!

I rec'd a call from Yafa about my Stipula that I sent in two weeks ago and they have completed it's repairs, I am told. Now I am just waiting for it to be delivered to my home.......Going thru Yafa sure beat going thru Stipula, from what I am hearing here.........

I rec'd a call from Yafa about my Stipula that I sent in two weeks ago and they have completed it's repairs, I am told. Now I am just waiting for it to be delivered to my home.......Going thru Yafa sure beat going thru Stipula, from what I am hearing here.........

Great news on getting your repair done quickly. Yes, if they can fix your pen at Yafa, and not have to send it to Italy, then it is a much quicker turn around time. What I'm surprised at is that they called you to let you know your pen was repaired. I've sent in pens several times, some going to Italy and some being repaired right there at Yafa, and never once have I gotten a call that my pen repair was completed. My repaired pen just showed up at my doorstep one day, that's how I found out. My last pen that I received back from Yafa, just a few weeks ago, came back with ink on the nib, section, and around the cap lip (all from dip testing I assume), but I was surprised they didn't clean it off before sending it back.

Anthony

Does anyone have updated information regarding Stipula's re-organization and move? Are they getting back in business? Has anyone received a repaired pen back from Stipula in the past couple months?

David

Nothing here. I've been emailing Yafa during the 8 months and was assured along the way. Lately and surprisingly the responses have stopped. I posted my story in this thread. The only good sign is that they're still selling new pens?

Yes, a friend of mine visited the new factory and had a chat with the owner. There is willingness to bring the brand back.

If they're selling new pens now what would constitute bringing the old brand back? Returning and honoring their commitments and returning the pen regardless. I have a $300 pen with them through Yafa and I intend to get it bsck.

Old Stipula filed for Chapter 11. The brand was taken over and moved to a new factory. I don't know up to which point the new owners will take care of former warranties or if they will start from zero

I didn't know there was a chapter 11 per se in Italy, you seem to know a lot about this matter. The warranty is one thing returning the pens you stole is another I would say. I expect that Yafa needs to start doing some talking already and this venue would be a good starting point. I doubt that they WON'T return the pens repaired or not if they're looking to be in business with any new owner(s).

Edited by mgepark

Old Stipula filed for Chapter 11. The brand was taken over and moved to a new factory. I don't know up to which point the new owners will take care of former warranties or if they will start from zero

Chapter 11? Stipula declared bankruptcy under United States laws?

I'm not an attorney, but I think it's safe to assume that Stipula is governed by Italian or EU business laws and regulations, not American.

My question is: They have a bunch of pens sent to them by the US distributor for repairs. Whatever the state of the business, what is their legal responsibility under governing law to those of us who paid a lot of money for those pens? What is Yafa's legal responsibility?

David

Sorry guys, Idon't want to start flames. :) I apologize for having misused the term Chapter 11. I should have written something like: "the equivalent of Chapter 11 under Italian law". In other words, they are restarting as a new company.

I hadn't introduced Chapter 11 for Stipula here in this forum. I'm going to try to see what I can find out about their filing in Italy.

I renember having read news about the crisis in the press.

For sure with a aearch you will find more details about the company.

Good luck with your pen!