The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

No Purple Safari Yet & Neon For 2015

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Aytoun

Aytoun

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:42

Hi,

I'm new here, but I thought people might be interested in the reply I got from Lamy today, which reads as follows;-

Thank you very much for your recent e-mail regarding LAMY safari in colors.
Guess what, we have several LAMY safari in purple as prototypes here. Unfortunately our marketing has yet not decided to launch one.
Keep your fingers crossed for that day.
Next year is going to be neon again.
Keep an eye on a company called "Line" in South Korea. They are going to launch a special edition of the LAMY safari for there own purposes beginning next year.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

C. Josef Lamy GmbH

ppa.

Marco Achenbach
Leiter Produktmanagement/Entwicklung

Sponsored Content

#2 LamyOne

LamyOne

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:48

Next year is going to be neon again.

Keep an eye on a company called "Line" in South Korea. They are going to launch a special edition of the LAMY safari for there own purposes beginning next year.

Hello Everyone,

I wonder if this is an insidiously clever way of saying that Lamy production is moving from Germany to South Korea?

And why Neon again?  (Perhaps they can't be bothered with developing a new limited edition color while they are in the process of moving their manufacturing facilities?)  I hope I'm wrong. :(  (I know they did repeat the Apple Green color, too, but not in the same way as it is implied here).

Perhaps I'm reading more into this than I should... I hope so.  :unsure:

Best regards,

Chris

PS:  BTW, welcome to FPN, Aytoun!  :)   :W2FPN:

Edited by LamyOne, 12 December 2014 - 11:09.

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.

#3 Matlock

Matlock

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:12

Looks like Line is a Social Networking company:-

Line began in 2011 as the brainchild of engineers at NHN Japan, the Japanese arm of Naver Corporation (formerly NHN) based in South Korea. Today the popular messaging service is operated by Line Corporation, a spinoff company headquartered in Japan, which still remains a subsidiary of Naver.[9]

Peter

#4 Wheatflower

Wheatflower

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:48

I wonder if this is an insidiously clever way of saying that Lamy production is moving from Germany to South Korea. :

I think it's more likely an insidiously clever way of saying that Line has commissioned a special edition of the pen and any collector should be ready to hunt for it.
Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

#5 ink-syringe

ink-syringe

foo

• Member - Gold

• 1,716 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 13:32

I think it's more likely an insidiously clever way of saying that Line has commissioned a special edition of the pen and any collector should be ready to hunt for it.

Yep. I bet that is it. Funny b/c while Lamy is ubiquitous here it is also hideously expensive. Want to pay $320 for a Lamy 2k? That's what they cost in the Book stores (you can get it cheaper on gmarket etc)

Line sux. I hope it won't have their boring logo on it.

Ther color is usually pretty close to the Apple Green so I am not sure what is going to be special about it.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

#6 LamyOne

LamyOne

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 14:05

Looks like Line is a Social Networking company:-

Line began in 2011 as the brainchild of engineers at NHN Japan, the Japanese arm of Naver Corporation (formerly NHN) based in South Korea. Today the popular messaging service is operated by Line Corporation, a spinoff company headquartered in Japan, which still remains a subsidiary of Naver.[9]

Hello All,

Thanks for these cogent words of wisdom - I feel very much relieved now.  :)

You'll have to excuse me, I'm an American, so I'm quite paranoid about "industrial flight," it has ravaged my country and after so many years of thousands of companies flocking overseas, I have become one of those "between the lines" readers whenever a company makes any kind of press release mentioning production in a foreign country.  :D

Best regards,

Chris

Edited by LamyOne, 12 December 2014 - 14:08.

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.

#7 Matlock

Matlock

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:44

Hello All,

You'll have to excuse me, I'm an American, so I'm quite paranoid about "industrial flight," it has ravaged my country and after so many years of thousands of companies flocking overseas, I have become one of those "between the lines" readers whenever a company makes any kind of press release mentioning production in a foreign country.  :D

Best regards,

Chris

Not just USA. We in the UK are quite good at "industrial flight".

Peter

#8 readonly

readonly

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:28

The 2015 Safari will be neon green.

#9 Wheatflower

Wheatflower

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:38

The 2015 Safari will be neon green.

This is good, then I won't be tempted to buy it.
Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

#10 Aytoun

Aytoun

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 16:05

I might buy neon green, although I didn't like (or buy) either the neon coral or the neon yellow. I still want purple though, neon or not.

Aytoun

#11 PaperDarts

PaperDarts

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 16:51

I might buy neon green, although I didn't like (or buy) either the neon coral or the neon yellow. I still want purple though, neon or not.

Aytoun

+1. Probably not neon purple, but I'd reserve judgement until I saw it. But please, purple!! It's time.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

#12 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 21:39

Another Neon? Seriously?

#13 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 22:39

Another Neon? Seriously?

+1 on the incredulity! :)

#14 tinysnail

tinysnail

math & pens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2014 - 00:26

And they've done two bright greens (Apple and Lime) in the not-so-distant past, too. Come on, Lamy :(

#15 gammada

gammada

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:21

At least, Neon colors go well with LE's Leuchtturms!

#16 mazinger55

mazinger55

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 18:30

Please Savanna green again!!!!! no more neon!

#17 jips123

jips123

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2014 - 18:46

Please Savanna green again!!!!! no more neon!

Ah, I had a pal in the early 80's with the darkgreen safari (same texture as the current charcoal) and I thought it was daft at the time. He then switched to a sheaffer with a gold nib, but that was not an improvement: it leaked as hell. If Lamy would reissue the green one I would buy several immediately.

#18 nanchocarrancho

nanchocarrancho

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2014 - 17:00

Back in the 80's a friend of mine had a camouflage Lamy Safari with the same texture as the charcoal. I would love to see it again and I would buy a couple.

#19 Ethereal Winter Wind

Ethereal Winter Wind

Starting to think I have too many pens..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2014 - 13:49

No purple! :( We really need to get a petition going or something.

#20 Tanzanite

Tanzanite

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2015 - 23:54

A purple would be really nice or a midnight blue or turquoise or a forest green. Too soon for another neon. Perhaps a neon orange for my PE Mandarin ink in the future...

Sponsored Content

|