The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker Duofold Centennial

parker duofold centennial

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baldonia

baldonia

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:37

Will a modern Parker Duofold Centennial nib unit & converter fit into any other manufacturer's barrel & cap?  I have an extra, and would like to set it up to use regularly, but it's just impossible to buy spare barrels and caps.

Sponsored Content

#2 katerchen

katerchen

Slow and furious

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:50

hari317  is building pens around a lot of nib units I'm sure he has one for the Duofold as well. 

#3 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,687 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:50

To the best of my knowledge, no - but someone may have done it.

Kaigelu do the best 'Centennial Lookalike', but have changed the threads to avoid interchangability with the Parker. Having said that, if you have access to a metalworking lathe you could machine off the threads inside the Kaigelu barrel, then put mould release on the Parker section, and use epoxy adhesive inside the barrel, join the two and effectively mould threads from epoxy on the inside of the Kaigelu barrel to get them to fit the Parker part. That would be a difficult option, but would make it fit perfectly, and the Kaigelu Amber/Grey and Charcoal pens use some gorgeous resin that I wish Parker would replicate.

Regards,

Richard

#4 baldonia

baldonia

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 15:58

To the best of my knowledge, no - but someone may have done it.

Kaigelu do the best 'Centennial Lookalike', but have changed the threads to avoid interchangability with the Parker. Having said that, if you have access to a metalworking lathe you could machine off the threads inside the Kaigelu barrel, then put mould release on the Parker section, and use epoxy adhesive inside the barrel, join the two and effectively mould threads from epoxy on the inside of the Kaigelu barrel to get them to fit the Parker part. That would be a difficult option, but would make it fit perfectly, and the Kaigelu Amber/Grey and Charcoal pens use some gorgeous resin that I wish Parker would replicate.

Regards,

Richard

What a very excellent idea - and I have two machine lathes out in the garage.  I will give it a try!

#5 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,687 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 16:54

The cheapest supplier of the K316 is Jewelerymathematics on e-bay if you don't have one to hand. See this advert: http://www.ebay.com/...x-/331332209231

Regards,

Richard.

#6 chas0039

chas0039

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2014 - 14:51

I looked at a similar idea on my Kaigelu pens, but their nibs actually give me less trouble than the Parkers, so I left them alone.

Edited by chas0039, 25 December 2014 - 14:52.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, duofold, centennial

Sponsored Content

|