The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Levenger Gift Cards - Not Good During Sales?

levenger gift card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:07

Have received two Levenger catalogs during the last few weeks. One offered 20% discount with free shipping and the one that came in today offered 25% off with free shipping (all the time) on orders over $100.00.

I read the small print - disclaimer about applying the discount and, if I read it correctly, I can't use the $40.00 gift card I have.

You have to choose either the special discount pricing or using the gift card. personally that sounds a little bit "bait & switchish".

NOTE: I'm not questioning the legality of it (they can do almost anything they want really) it's just that it limits my options on what and when to buy. I was going to buy one of their pens or maybe some ink and between the discount and my gift card I would be a very happy customer. Instead, I guess I'll just wait until I find something else that is screaming, "BUY ME"!

Any thoughts about this??

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Sponsored Content

#2 TheGreatRoe

TheGreatRoe

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,697 posts
  • Location:Alpha Quadrant, Sector 001, Earth, USA, North Carolina, Hillsborough
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:18

My reading of the fine print is that the discount does not apply to purchasing gift cards.  So you cannot purchase a $40 gift card and pay $30.00.  But you can use your $40 Gift card to buy a little more than $50 worth of merchandise.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog  |  My Creative Writing Blog  |  My Heraldry Designs

crestdr.png?w=100

#3 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• 2,289 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:34

My reading of the fine print is that the discount does not apply to purchasing gift cards.  So you cannot purchase a $40 gift card and pay $30.00.  But you can use your $40 Gift card to buy a little more than $50 worth of merchandise.

Okay... now I feel a little bit foolish. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I never thought of that interpretation!

Edited by brgmarketing, 10 December 2014 - 01:35.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#4 valthon

valthon

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:59

I used the circa sampler gift card in combination with their 25% off on Black Friday to get a circa leverage punch. Only $19 charged to the cc, so it clearly worked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: levenger, gift card

Sponsored Content

|