What''s The Oldest Fountain Pen In Your Collection?

Sky Fountain Pens

I love the minimalistic and utilitarian look of early 1900s eyedropper hard rubber pens.

Yes, i like the simplecity, pull out the nib/feed, pour in the ink and put the nib/feed back, and you are ready to go.

fpn_1412841677__dpp_110826.jpg

Edited by farmdogfan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sky Fountain Pens

• kestrel

• siamackz

• kirchh

A turn of the 19th century Mabie Todd & Bard eyedropper, then an interesting Montblanc No. 2 made for Staedtler Mars in about 1915 (No 2 bought from a forum member) . The MT & B is a lovely writer with a really flexible nib.

I just bought my first Vintage pen the other day, I still have to wait for it to arrive from across the pond.

It is a De La Rue "Onoto The Pen" in unrestored condition. Unsure of the year and unsure what I will do with it.

My oldest pen is a mere 41 years old, however it was new when I bought it. It is a Sheaffer Imperial I got for $5.00 in Richmond, Virginia. I have used it almost daily ever since. Use Sheaffer ink only in it, never dropped it, never had a problem.

Don't start vast projects with half-vast ideas.

Might not be a FP per se, but my oldest in my possession is a 50s-era piston fill Rapidograph that I use with watercolor drawings. Oldest nibbled pen I've bought was a Snorkel Statesman, as a gift for a friend. Not much a fan of prewar pens, but I'm still looking for a DJ 51.

10 years on PFN! I feel old, but not as old as my pens.

Inked up: Wing Sung 618 - BSB / PFM III - Kiri-same / Namiki Falcon - Storia Fire / Lamy 2000 - Fuyu-gaki / Sheaffer Triumph - Eclat de Saphir

Oldest one I currently own is a 1905 Conklin Crescent filler. Oldest in my rotation is a c1935 Mabie Todd Swan - green marbleized barrel. Neat pen.

Greg Koos

Bloomington Illinois

USA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this shrunken globe, men can no longer live as strangers.

Adlai E. Stevenson

My oldest would be either a Waterman eyedropper gold-filled overlay in Patch pattern, or a 1901 BHR Conklin crescent filler with square-profile lock ring. Have never written with the eyedropper, but the flex-nib crescent-filler works great.

Nice one

Thanks slippery.

Problem now is that I have the 129, 128, and a 122- the hunt is on for a 126 and 124. There are a few around in the PL style- but the ones I have are all black. Who would have thought.............

I have a Waterman 12PSF, and am hoping it will last for at least 3 more years so I can celebrate its centennial anniversary.

I have a Waterman 12PSF, and am hoping it will last for at least 3 more years so I can celebrate its centennial anniversary.

That could come sooner than you reckon; I believe that model first appeared in 1915.

--Daniel

"The greatest mental derangement is to believe things because we want them to be true, not because we observe that they are in effect." --Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet

Daniel Kirchheimer
Specialty Pen Restoration
Authorized Sheaffer/Parker/Waterman Vintage Repair Center
Purveyor of the iCroScope digital loupe

My Wahl Signature Rosewood set. I'd just guess late 20's. Sorry for the lousy pic. It's been to visit El Zorno since this pic. It looks Much Better now and has a factory Stub from Syd in it.

WalhSet1.jpg

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Wow it looks like everyone here has me beat.

My oldest date coded pen is a 1939 Parker Challenger Slender. I have one that could tie the Challenger, my Parker Parkette Zypher, although undated, was manufactured between 1939 and 1942.

Owner of many fine Parker fountain pens... and one Lamy.

My oldest pen is a mother of pearl dip pen from 1890

A fountain pen a day keeps the ballpoints away!

Signed,

The Majestic One

:W2FPN:

About 8 years ago, I found a complete Parker JackKnife in black rubber. (1916?)

It dips and writes smoothly, but I never had it re-sac-ed.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

A maroon Parker 51 Aerometric from around 1955-7 (as far as I can tell). It's a baby compared to some of the ones already mentioned! But it writes beautifully - a medium but on the fine side, and slightly stubbish. It came as NOS with a pristine box.

This could now also be my oldest pen.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/282369-old-tapered-cap-watermans-ideal-24-with-pre-spoon-nib/

Due to the feed it should be before 1903. Potentially it could be from 1883, but the chances are good, that it can't be due to e.g. different nib imprints or the unavailability of the decoration.

Edited by Cepasaccus