The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Northern Pen Show in the UK

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 andyr7

andyr7

Dinkie lover .......

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:46

I'd just like to post a timely reminder that the UK Northern Pen Show (Homepage here) at Lytham is only just over 4 weeks away, on April 22nd.

This still leaves those of you travelling from south of Watford sufficient time to organise your passports!

The two UK shows in Lytham in the spring and London in the autumn need YOUR support to ensure they continue to be held, so no excuses now......

Andy

Sponsored Content

#2 CasmiUK

CasmiUK

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 13:20

I've got it in my diary and I can't wait! It will be my very first pen show.

Is anyone else from FPN that is going to the Northern Pen Show?

Casmi
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

#3 anniemac

anniemac

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 18:33

I'm hoping to be there. I am at a wedding the day before so as long as I don't overdo the celebrations I'll be fine. Neil can drive! The chap I buy most of my pen stuff from is one of the organisers so I wouldn't miss it. It will be my first show.
We should all make FPN badges using the logo on the web page so we can identify fellow sufferers! rolleyes.gif

Edited by anniemac, 20 March 2007 - 18:45.

We can sail safely inside the harbour but that is not what ships were built for - anon

#4 maxrhino

maxrhino

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 18:42

I've been looking forward for months now so wild horses can't keep me away.

It's my first show too so not really knowing what to expect.

All i've got to do is get myself a few portraits of the queen and i'll be ready.

For those travelling up from the tropics we do get some days above freezing
by the time April arrives.

#5 goodyear

goodyear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 18:23

Pants. I have some holiday time lined up for three days later...
Mark Goody

I have a blog.

#6 CasmiUK

CasmiUK

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 18:30

QUOTE (anniemac @ Mar 20 2007, 06:33 PM)
We should all make FPN badges using the logo on the web page so we can identify fellow sufferers! rolleyes.gif

I probably shouldn't say this - but I have the facility to do that! biggrin.gif
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

#7 grasshopper

grasshopper

Inlaid Outlaw

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:02

In case anyone is interested, there might still be enough time for you to order and receive the goodies before the show:

http://www.cafepress.com/fpnetwork

raf.

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

#8 anniemac

anniemac

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 18:57

QUOTE (grasshopper @ Mar 22 2007, 07:02 AM)
In case anyone is interested, there might still be enough time for you to order and receive the goodies before the show:

http://www.cafepress.com/fpnetwork

Oooh! How did i not know about this? Would it be sad for me to turn up with a FPN badge on?
Don't think my cats will wear the dog T-shirts though. As if the idea of wearing clothes, just like humans, wasn't bad enough, they're doubly insulted because they're meant for dogs!
Might have to see if i can buy something in time . . . cool.gif
We can sail safely inside the harbour but that is not what ships were built for - anon

#9 anniemac

anniemac

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 19:40

QUOTE (CasmiUK @ Mar 21 2007, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (anniemac @ Mar 20 2007, 06:33 PM)

I probably shouldn't say this - but I have the facility to do that! biggrin.gif

I've just visited the cafepress site for the FPN shop and it seems postage/possible customs charges could prove prohibitive if I want something in UK.
Unless there's an enterprising FPN member over here who would like to co-ordinate a bulk order, or set up a mini-little shop, or has already done so but I ddon't know it, I will simply have to discover Casmi's secret and make my own badge - otherwise how will anyone know who I am at the pen show? wink.gif
Actually I'll be the one with a hangover, sick.gif but desperate to go to the Pleasure Beach because I haven't been for about 12 years!

#10 kenneth cooke

kenneth cooke

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 23:44

Where can one find an exibitors list, something I would like to get site of before making the journey across ths penines

Attached Images

• AidaScatola.gif

Writing with Light

Regards Kenneth-West Riding-UK

#11 CasmiUK

CasmiUK

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:40

Where can one find an exibitors list, something I would like to get site of before making the journey across ths penines

I've emailed them asking for the same thing. I haven't heard anything back yet.

Casmi

#12 PelikanPenman

PelikanPenman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 19:32

Anniemac - I hope you make it. I am looking forward to my first show. Are you bringing any pens with you? Cheers.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Winston Churchill

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
Winston Churchill

#13 bluemax

bluemax

bluemax

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2007 - 19:39

I too shall be looking forward to the show.

As a suggestion, we could plan to meet for coffee in the 'bar area' or a specific place in the hotel at 11.00am. As I recall, their is the reception area, and from that, there is a collection of tables, armchairs and sofas, and then behind that (seperated by some structure - a fireplace) is the bar.

... or even more entertaining, all wear a carnation biggrin.gif

whatever happens, I will at least 'see' you there, even if I don't recognise you headsmack.gif

regards

Bren

#14 Carrie

Carrie

FPN Chief Intelligence Officer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 4,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2007 - 20:39

The idea of everyone meeting up for a coffee sounds good. I went to the Show last year, so this year it'll be nice to go along and actually get to meet some of the people from here.

#15 bluemax

bluemax

bluemax

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2007 - 21:14

what is more ironic, is that some of us will probably recognise each other from the previous shows biggrin.gif

#16 belfast-popeye

belfast-popeye

belfast-popeye

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2007 - 20:34

Can't wait, my partner and i are going to spend the weekend in Lytham, since its my birthday on the 21st eureka.gif birthday cashola biggrin.gif My first pen show.
PARKER 51 RULES

#17 anniemac

anniemac

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 21:52

I'll be there - along with husband who now has ONE vintage fountain pen!
I still think FPN badges are in order!

#18 eckiethump

eckiethump

Jack's the lad

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:41

I am planning to drive down from Edinburgh, on the morning and back again at night, is there any one else making the journey this way?

Perhaps we could share a lift.

Looking forward to what will be my first gathering of pen afficianado's

et
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

#19 bluemax

bluemax

bluemax

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2007 - 21:35

How about everyone just wearing a badge of any description? Regardless of what it says, we'll know who's part of fpn wink.gif

regards
Bren

... unless they're also holding a 'Badge Collectors Show' there too headsmack.gif

#20 Carrie

Carrie

FPN Chief Intelligence Officer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 4,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2007 - 22:06

Desperately trying to think of any badges I might have. I can only think of one, that's a teeny tiny pin badge with our old work logo on it.

Are we actually trying to organise a proper meet up or just hoping to bump into each other? If anyone wants my mobile number just send a PM.

Sponsored Content

|