Crystal Limited Edition: A Handsome Eyedropper Pen

mrmohitmishra

Review Update 1:

While using this pen for almost a week I found a few more things. First, the pen writes equally good with Chelpark Blue, Camlin Blue, Chelpark Ruby Red, Chelpark Black however the best ink for this pen is .....Pilot Black...writes best with it though medium and quite wet.

Secondly the pen grows up on you like some sorcery has been added to it while they were making it..

Thirdly the pen can sustain a fall from a table..My pen fell and crystals didn't break..

It has become my personal favorite.

I am waiting for three more pens...I hope they prove better than this though it will prove to be quite a challenge.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrmohitmishra

• cjpandya

• Doug C

• a_m

Beautifully reviewed as always! Thanks! And i envy you on another great buy! Haha!

Edited by cjpandya

Review Update 1:

While using this pen for almost a week I found a few more things. First, the pen writes equally good with Chelpark Blue, Camlin Blue, Chelpark Ruby Red, Chelpark Black however the best ink for this pen is .....Pilot Black...writes best with it though medium and quite wet.

Secondly the pen grows up on you like some sorcery has been added to it while they were making it..

Thirdly the pen can sustain a fall from a table..My pen fell and crystals didn't break..

It has become my personal favorite.

I am waiting for three more pens...I hope they prove better than this though it will prove to be quite a challenge.

Which 3 you ordered?

ASA Spear, Revolution and One Custom made pen akin to Gama demonstrator with frosted Acrylic and Jowo M nib

ASA Spear, Revolution and One Custom made pen akin to Gama demonstrator with frosted Acrylic and Jowo M nib

Which is the custom made demonstartor?

Custom made demonstrator is a pen being made especially on order. Original Gama demonstrator comes with Indian Nib. I asked Mr. Subramaniam to fit a JoWo nib in the pen.

After my pleasant experience with Bock Medium and Schmidt medium I wanted to try Jowo M

This would make the pen 3-in-1 filler. But pure demonstrator would not look good with a cartridge or converter. So Mr. S suggested that the pen can be made translucent. I said do it.

BTW you would have noticed...I borrowed sorcery expression from you :) :)

Haha! All for our love for fountain pens!:)

Custom made demonstrator is a pen being made especially on order. Original Gama demonstrator comes with Indian Nib. I asked Mr. Subramaniam to fit a JoWo nib in the pen.

After my pleasant experience with Bock Medium and Schmidt medium I wanted to try Jowo M

This would make the pen 3-in-1 filler. But pure demonstrator would not look good with a cartridge or converter. So Mr. S suggested that the pen can be made translucent. I said do it.

Just amazing! I love the intelligent solution brought forth. If i may request; Please review it as soon as you get it! I cant wait to see the finish! I also noticed that you have developed a liking for M nibs!;) Edited by cjpandya

Just amazing! I love the intelligent solution brought forth. If i may request; Please review it as soon as you get it! I cant wait to see the finish! I also noticed that you have developed a liking for M nibs! ;)

Well I will post some photos. Review is for benefit of all. Reviewing custom pen may not be that useful.

But I will review Spear.

Yup I have developed liking of M Nib.

Thanks to YOU and Crystal.

Well I will post some photos. Review is for benefit of all. Reviewing custom pen may not be that useful.

But I will review Spear.

Yup I have developed liking of M Nib.

Thanks to YOU and Crystal.

Yes, that is a valid point. Review may not be useful. Do share the photos.

And you are being modest dear Mohitji!:) I am not to be thanked at all. Maybe we can thank the Germans for creating the nibs and our Mr.S for making them available to us!:D

Yes, that is a valid point. Review may not be useful. Do share the photos.

And you are being modest dear Mohitji! :) I am not to be thanked at all. Maybe we can thank the Germans for creating the nibs and our Mr.S for making them available to us! :D

If you would notice I have already thanked them both.... :D in the review

Edited by mrmohitmishra

If you would notice I have already thanked them both.... :D in the review

Hahaha! That you did! :D And we would keep doing the same in the future as well! ;)

I have succumbed to the lure of the LE Crystal. It will have the German - Bock? F nib. Can't wait till it gets here, it's going to be a long three (plus) weeks... so keep up the pictures and reports, please. So looking forward to having this one in my hands.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

:) :) :)

Is it available in F German nib. I thought the only options were M or B.

F is stock nib I guess

Edited by mrmohitmishra

Oops, you're right, the F nib is only the stock nib, I did get the German nib so it will be M...

Misremembered - and I will have to see if it's not too broad for my liking! Still I'd heard good things about this nib.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Two pens were launched on the same day at the same time.

The first was Crystal

Second was Spear.

I had first. Now I have second.

Tough competition between the two. Ohhh I wish I could type with a Fountain Pen :D

I just received my Crystal.

The keeper on the pen case was broken.

That is the sum of my criticisms. Bear in mind that for $42 shipped it came with a pen case).

Other than a few blemishes on the surface of the pen, it is absolutely perfect!

I opened the package, started filling the pen with Sheaffer purple, and was dissapointed to find that it would not write. I continued to fill it and added some ink to the feed. All of a sudden, the pen started to write beautifully and has not stopped once I got the feed saturated. I did not get the upgraded Jowo nib, but asked for the nib to be inspected before shipping (a no cost option).

It writes a beautiful fine, just slightly finer than a European fine. Perfect flow. Based on this, I don't know why I would get the upgraded nib and I have pens that cost thousands of dollars.

Overall, I am very happy with the pen, and would have no hesitations to recommend this to anyone.

Oh, ....the pen is beautiful as well...

the Danitrio Fellowship