• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• bernardo

• prashant.tikekar

• mehandiratta

Al-Star coffee (with a combination of J. Herbin Vert Pre + Waterman Tender Purple + Waterman Audacious Red) plus a Vista (Caran d'Ache Cosmic Black + Parker Quink Black + Waterman Tender Purple) and last but not least, a red Safari with Waterman Audacious red.

post-115758-0-95918900-1420602865_thumb.jpg

Lamy 2000 (F) with Aurora Black & Black Al-Star (1.1 stub) with Diamine 1864 Anniversary Blue-Black ... Love the combo of that with the black Al-Star.

I just received my order of a Lamy Studio in Brushed Stainless Steel with a fine nib. Its years since I've used fountain pens so I initially had a couple of minutes of poor handwriting and too-fast scribbles, but now its almost like I never stopped using them, fountain pens always just felt natural to me.

The Diamine Ancient Copper ink I went for is nice but I'm wondering if a slightly darker brown would be better.

Also the F nib I got writes broader than I was expecting, maybe I'll try a Japanese F or European EF next, though I'm curious about stubs and flex nibs. I think a stub would really force me to think about how I form my letters and so improve my handwriting.

So far I'm very happy indeed.

Well, up until last week I was using my Lamy 2000, but I sent it off to Lamy for repairs. But I am considering getting a Lamy Studio Wild Rubin, which is a very nice looking pen!

Also the F nib I got writes broader than I was expecting, maybe I'll try a Japanese F or European EF next, though I'm curious about stubs and flex nibs. I think a stub would really force me to think about how I form my letters and so improve my handwriting.

A Pilot "M" writes finer than a Lamy "F".

Edited by LionRoar

What Lamy I'm NOT using today: the 2000, which I gave to my apprentice upon his graduation from training. Because Massdrop was too slow with the Safari and pencil order I'd made for his gift. So he gets a better pen with Lamy black ink. I know he'll love it and it's the black one, so it's properly masculine. Had it in the box with the instructions, and a new bottle of ink. We'll see how he likes it.

What Lamy I'm NOT using today: the 2000, which I gave to my apprentice upon his graduation from training. Because Massdrop was too slow with the Safari and pencil order I'd made for his gift. So he gets a better pen with Lamy black ink. I know he'll love it and it's the black one, so it's properly masculine. Had it in the box with the instructions, and a new bottle of ink. We'll see how he likes it.

Nice gift, well done, both to you and the apprentice. BTW what did he train in?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Nice gift, well done, both to you and the apprentice. BTW what did he train in?

D.ick

He's a financial advisor, like myself. We can take on a new guy and help train him, and then share some office space. He's doing very well, so he's being rewarded for hard work.

Is that nib on the Lamy Ratio 57 gold or gold-plated steel (if you know)?

I'm pretty sure it is gold-plated steel. Nevertheless, I will check that as soon as the pen became empty. I will also check both Lamy 27-30 and 27e.

Those 27s should be gold, and my research shows that the 57 should be gold-plated, but it is always nice to have another data point.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

I am using the neon yellow safari loaded up with Lamy blue. I am also using my Lamy Vista in which I have Waterman Mysterious Blue.

--Dictated not read by Sir Bagel V--

I'm using the 2000 loaded with PR Ebony Purple. Also the Studio with Waterman Inspired Blue got some use today.

Chris

Carpe Stylum!