The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Green - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

green

• Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

#441 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:42

This is my favorite green. Smoky and dark (the blue backlight does make it a lot more blue in person. It's smoky but not brown, very much an evergreen tree color)

Also a LE from birmingham. I'll be sad, ordered three bottles to keep me stocked for a long time, but I'll be sad when this is gone. it's super well behaved too. No sheen, lots of shading.

fpn_1543646471__untitled.jpg

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sponsored Content

#442 pgcauk

pgcauk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 22:47

So pleased I spent yesterday's super long bus ride scrolling through this thread!
This morning I was tempted to add "a drop of Helianthus" to the breather hole of a couple of my more murky inks with very pleasing results; Rachel Carson transforming into a rather fetching olive while Jean Jaques Rousseau put forward a nice antique gold. Onto a good thing I dug out a couple of my "beautiful inks that are too dark to use"; KWZ Hunter Green and Sailor Jentle Doyou - terrific! Finally Hunter Green reveals it's concealed beauty, or at least hints at it, whilst Doyou is a cool brown with a yellow sheen!
Helianthus is a magic elixir indeed - thanks to whoever-it-was passed that wisdom on!!

Edited by pgcauk, 01 December 2018 - 23:37.

#443 pgcauk

pgcauk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 23:29

fpn_1543706849__murk__helianthus.jpg

#444 pgcauk

pgcauk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 23:39

Just in case that's confusing:
The top three rows are irrelevant (noodling while waiting for last night's supper!), but do show Rachel and Jean alongside some of their friends (Fern Moss, Umber, York Brown and a very scratchy version of Oster's Khakhi would be my guess), the column on the far right shows the original colors, the symbolic sketches show the Helianthus cocktail mix!

Subject to scanner limitations yada, yada, (which in this color range are quite limiting indeed!).

#445 uceroy

uceroy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2018 - 15:59

Ooh, those are gorgeous!
Love the 'doodling', those would make awesome borders. The color combinations are great!

I also mixed up some inks yesterday, love this particulate bright green:
20181201_211031-490x681.jpg

Made from Noodler's Yellow, Army plus eel turquoise in a rough 1:1:1 mix

Edited by uceroy, 02 December 2018 - 16:01.

#446 pgcauk

pgcauk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 19:24

After a two-year quest (and significant dollarage!) I finally have some greens I am happy with (that aren't purely seasonal).
Here's my four finalists in each of my four categories; earth green, stone green, tending yellow and tending blue

fpn_1546111237__greens_dec_18_final.jpg

#447 pgcauk

pgcauk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 19:29

. . . . and here's a summary history to show how I got here (written in the four finalists - to present each of these in their own color would be quite a labor!).

Honorable mentions in the Stone Green category to De Atramentis' Cement (=Charles Dickens) and J. Herbin Vert Empire.

New additions in the Earth Green category (my favorite!) are Rikyu Cha and Stipula Calamo Verde Muschiato, both of which give an initial impression of magnificence, but neither of which have pushed Jean Jaques of his podium just yet!

fpn_1546111490__greens_dec_18.jpg

#448 goodpens

goodpens

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 21:52

This is my favorite green. Smoky and dark (the blue backlight does make it a lot more blue in person. It's smoky but not brown, very much an evergreen tree color)

Also a LE from birmingham. I'll be sad, ordered three bottles to keep me stocked for a long time, but I'll be sad when this is gone. it's super well behaved too. No sheen, lots of shading.

fpn_1543646471__untitled.jpg

Ooh. I like this color. Thank you.
Still available at Birmingham. They just lowered all ink prices ($6/30ml) so maybe I will order it while they have it in stock. I like many of their colors and the business is run very well.

#449 Noihvo

Noihvo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:54

. . . . and here's a summary history to show how I got here (written in the four finalists - to present each of these in their own color would be quite a labor!).

Honorable mentions in the Stone Green category to De Atramentis' Cement (=Charles Dickens) and J. Herbin Vert Empire.

New additions in the Earth Green category (my favorite!) are Rikyu Cha and Stipula Calamo Verde Muschiato, both of which give an initial impression of magnificence, but neither of which have pushed Jean Jaques of his podium just yet!

fpn_1546111490__greens_dec_18.jpg

fpn_1546340086__img_4762.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Are you looking for a custom bound book? Check out my Etsy page.

#450 pgcauk

pgcauk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 18:57

If it helps someone spend a bit less money than I have narrowing down their choices then I'm happy to be of help!
This morning I noodled my top three Stone Greens for another thread, but I might as well add them here too?

fpn_1546368295__three_stone_green_frogs.

. . . . and here's some earthy ones:

fpn_1543706518__brownish_green_leaf_pile

(I've subsequently added Stipula Calamo Verde Muschiato, which is quite gorgeous on the yellower end)

#451 VivaTerlingua

VivaTerlingua

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2019 - 22:43

Murky greens, dark greens, earthy greens, stone greens, I absolutely adore greens with character. Just cannot get enough of them. Here are some swabs from the samples collection! Sailor Jentle/Kobe are obviously the gold standard in this realm, but Robert Oster makes some dynamite inks that blur the lines between green and brown, too.

fp3sLzI.png

#452 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 00:22

The latest greens and inks with a slight greenish tinge.

qplc39.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#453 pgcauk

pgcauk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 00:53

Ravishing stuff Viva!
Greens is an endless world for me. Other colors I can pin down a reliable constant companion, but with greens I usually have a wide range in use at any one time, and am constantly rotating options. I love how they play together, and how they play with other colors*!
I have many of these already, but that Giwa looks gorgeous, and I have a feeling I might just need to try everything from KWZ with "gold" in the title (especially the three IG options).

Have you tried Kobe #49? The first ink I have taken to carrying with me everyday (it's drab, but it sets off everything else!). . . . . . or Birmingham's Arugula??

*The other day I was playing with violets, and I find I prefer them in conjunction with greens!
Here's some greens with violets . . . and with reds!

fpn_1559782344__fausts_funeral_sketch.jp

fpn_1559782261__reds_-_brick_through_pur

A bit of green makes everything else look better!

#454 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• 8,088 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2019 - 21:24

There's a couple here I no longer have, like Chesterfield Erinite. And now it's Unobtainium.

Green_001-640p.jpg

Rhodia paper. And I think a glass dip pen.

#455 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• 8,088 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 16:33

Three greens murky enough to be classified brown, maybe. Rhodia Ice paper, glass dip pen.

Murk-640p.jpg

Papier Plume Moss goes down very dry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green

Sponsored Content

|