The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Violet - Purple - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#481 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Inkfluencer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:58

I need Majestic Purple.

Sponsored Content

#482 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,046 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:48

OO YES

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#483 NeverTapOut

NeverTapOut

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:39

I put some of my own Violet noodlings and musings here, but Amberlea suggested I add a swatch or two here too, so here goes! Nothing comprehensive, just exploring, but those Birmingham Pen Violets are rather interesting?

fpn_1557090795__blue_violet_through_red_

I really like that Diamine Damson...I wonder if it would almost like an off black when used with an EF nib.

MB Lavender Purple is too red for my taste.

#484 ENewton

ENewton

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 13:59

I really like that Diamine Damson...I wonder if it would almost like an off black when used with an EF nib.

MB Lavender Purple is too red for my taste.

The following review shows an example of Damson in an extra-fine nib.  The reviewer also comments on the behavior of the ink, saying it will look nearly black in a wet pen but that in a drier one it produces a "washed out gray-purple line." 

http://www.carpedavi...ine-damson.html

A Diamine ink that can look similar to Montblanc Lavender Purple, but not as red, in a fine nib is Diamine Grape.  In fact, I have recently been using Lavender Purple and Grape in identical pens, expressly for comparison.  But Grape isn't necessarily well behaved in every pen; I don't know about Damson.  Are you expressly looking for an ink that will look black in a fine nib?  If so, this thread is not to be missed:

http://www.fountainp...ple-black-inks/

#485 NeverTapOut

NeverTapOut

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:05

Thanks ENewton. I saw that thread. I think Ink of the Witch would be perfect...however I can't get over the price per ml.

Someone also gave me a sample of Diamine Grape...I am going to give that a test. I like a purple that is dark that it is off black. I have Kobe #32 Tamon Purple Grey. In a EF nib it looks Black/Purple to me...plus has some water resistance. I'm hesitant to run it thru my 149's because it's so saturated it might stain the window.

#486 ENewton

ENewton

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 13:46

Thanks ENewton. I saw that thread. I think Ink of the Witch would be perfect...however I can't get over the price per ml.

Someone also gave me a sample of Diamine Grape...I am going to give that a test. I like a purple that is dark that it is off black. I have Kobe #32 Tamon Purple Grey. In a EF nib it looks Black/Purple to me...plus has some water resistance. I'm hesitant to run it thru my 149's because it's so saturated it might stain the window.

My favorite is Sailor Kobe Suma Purple, which looks close to black in a fine nib.  

If you worry about staining, be cautious with Diamine Grape.  I have not experienced staining with Grape, but I know that other people have.

Sponsored Content

|