Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Violet - Purple - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

Awesome.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• pgcauk

• lgsoltek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Noihvo and errant, for doing this. I don't own any Lamy pens and the only inks I bought were bottles.

Edited by chromantic

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

New CRVs. This one features Diamine Pansy, Private Reserve Burgundy Mist, and Noodler's La Reine Mauve:

fpn_1484653984__scan_5.png

I didn't expect the LRM would dry so quickly.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

A couple of images of new violet inks. The first is the really lovely scented Violet by de Atramentis. Amazing rich color, and a pretty scent (in comparison to the deA Lilac which has great color, but I find the scent annoying).

I compared it to the ink that I have in my collection that it comes closest to, PR DC Super Violet:

fpn_1484846609__da_violet_vs_dc_supervio

I also decided to check out the Robert Oster Signature "VIOLA". It is surprisingly light —much lighter than J. Herbin's Poussière de Lune. I'll have to play with this one a bit more to see if I like it, but at first glance, I am doubting that it will go into rotation —I really do prefer more saturated colors. But then again, perhaps I should tone down the intensity from time to time... ;)

fpn_1484846593__viola_vs_poussiere_de_lu

Very Nice. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday evening zentangle doodles. About 15 inks and pens were used. Here is the result with a couple of the pens involved:

fpn_1485919884__2017-01-31_172627.jpg

Edited by HalloweenHJB

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of a great mauve ink, but still haven't found one I really love. However, the Robert Oster Australian Opal Mauve is pretty close. It's much better than the Viola, at least.

fpn_1489607553__2017-03-15_140635.jpg

I am surprised how close the AOM is to Akkermans Liever Kardinaal Paars. The latter is just a shade or two darker.

Edited by HalloweenHJB

Is AOM dark enough to write with? And thanks for all the great comparisons!

Welcome. I have AOM in a fairly wet writer (Montblanc 144), and I added a touch of Photo-Flo for added comfort... It's light, for sure, but I like the surprise subtlety when I usually use such highly saturated inks! ;)

Levenger Amethyst

I am loving this ink. I thank you again for it Errant smudge. Been using it the last few days. (Again )

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I am loving this ink. I thank you again for it Errant smudge. Been using it the last few days. (Again )

You're welcome. I'm really thrilled you're enjoying it.

The whole idea of the PIF is one of the things that makes FPN special.

• 4 weeks later...

Rohrer and Klingner Cassia.

I really like this ink. It's a deep purple that's not too red or not too blue. In my writing samples, it is a very close match to the Levenger Amethyst I gave away to Runnin_Ute as a PIF, so I will regard it as a replacement.

There is some green sheen on the ink swab.

fpn_1491787672__r_and_k_cassia.jpg

Edited by ErrantSmudge

I like Cassia. Great swab.

• 2 months later...

A few purple swatches from today. My Larmes de Cassis and Poussiere de Lune look very close, which I'm sure they weren't when I bought them :-)

35370946401_604fccb1bd_c.jpg

35464479326_4efcd79de7_c.jpg

35464482066_24733f25df_c.jpg

I just recently decided to get the infamous Larmes de Cassis, and I'm very happy I did. Your swatch looks a bit more rich and saturated than I would have expected, but the red-violets are my favorite genre of violet. Yum.

Your specimen of Poussière de lune is very nice when I look at it I begin to regret that I gave it away... I found that it was flat but here it looks rich!