Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Red - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

amberleadavis

I’m not sure what ink NBB is, so I can’t make suggestions.

It seems like if you like the look of Matador you should try it. There’s a lot of reds that are fairly balanced between orange, pink and purple tones like that, but you’ve gotta start somewhere. And if you’re not left handed or looking for a special feature you can put into words just starting to look can help.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• Jan2016

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-42152-0-41774100-1522614801_thumb.jpeg

Red for today. Im headed towards out of ink in the 580, so Im betting the eco is close too. Soon it will be the high holy day of new ink!

Sorry, Noodler's Baystate Blue...I think I'll start with Sailor Irori.

Sorry, Noodler's Baystate Blue...I think I'll start with Sailor Irori.

Noodler’s Bay State Blue is often abbreviated as “BSB” here in the forums.

There are two other Bay State inks.....Concord Grape and Cape Cod Cranberry. Have you tried the Cranberry?

Once I did that, I had a PDF file that I had to convert to jpg with an online converter and it became grainy and the color was even more off, so I only ever scan in photograph.

Most of the time the color is actually pretty accurate to what I see in indirect sunlight with no clouds and I have to hope that people will accept the fact that color perception changes greatly with different hours of the day and in different levels of sunlight or darkness.

When the color is so off that I feel uncomfortable with it though, I state it clearly on the post and hope that people will understand. If I start altering the color in Photoshop it'll take hours and a considerable amount of mental sanity for each scan.

And here is the rest of the doodles. The teeth of the left fox became vampire-like. Freud, what the hell.

Pen: Faber-Castell Loom <M>.

Ink: Diamine Matador.

Paper: Clairefontaine 90g/m.

fpn_1522600909__diamine_047_matador_foxe

Loving it!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

The gall of the people over at Pelikan, calling this salmon, peach thing "red." Shame on them, shame on their family, shame on their cows.

Also, this ink is so dry. So. Dry. I mean, you're a liquid, how on earth can you be drier than the sun?

Pen: No-Name Chinese piston filler <F>.

Ink: Pelikan 4001 Brilliant-Red.

fpn_1523119749__pelikan_4001_rot_doodle_

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I actually like the shading on almost all the 4001s. Including this. Just it’s not red. It’s pink! A weird pink that if it came in a Sailor bottle with a Japanese name we’d probably love. But sold as just red um.

The thing I’m noticing with ink is if there’s just one red it tends to suggest when the line was formulated. It’s as dateable as red lipstick. And for similar reasons I’d bet.

I actually like the shading on almost all the 4001s. Including this. Just it’s not red. It’s pink! A weird pink that if it came in a Sailor bottle with a Japanese name we’d probably love. But sold as just red um.

"Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Salmon"

That's it. That's what I call it and that's what they should have called it and everybody would have happily bought their salmon color without a word of complain. I wouldn't be so upset if the labeling of this ink hadn't been ridiculous.

OH, now I like it. Brilliant Salmon.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

^^ Royal - Despite perhaps not being 'red', your sample makes it look sort of appealing. I might have to try it

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I’m trying to come up with a fanciful German name for it with my feeble vocabulary. It reminds me of the eye searing color Medieval people loved, so maybe alt something rot?

^^ Royal - Despite perhaps not being 'red', your sample makes it look sort of appealing. I might have to try it

Good luck : (

EDIT to add this fish. Look at how bewildered he is! XD

Pen: No-Name <LAMY Z50 F>

Ink: J. Herbin 1670 Ann Rouge Hematite

Paper: Rhodia #18 80g/m.

fpn_1523298941__j_herbin_1670_rouge_hema

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

Giving the Rouge Hematite fish a playmate.

Pen: Faber-Castell Loom <M>

Ink: Diamine Matador

Paper: Rhodia 80g/m.

fpn_1523389905__diamine_047_matador_dood

Due to the ever amazing generosity of a special benefactor, I came into possession of a really beautiful dark red ink, Pure Pens (bottled in Wales!) "CADWALADR" ink. It's in the same hue range as Robert Oster Clay Red, Colorverse Sea Europa, and KWZ Cherry.

Like it a lot! I tried it out —along with Pure Pens "Pendine Sands"— on Tomoe River paper and Clairefontaine:

fpn_1523654537__2018-04-13_171626.jpg

fpn_1523654517__2018-04-13_171651.jpg

My two red inks.

Diamine Matador in Faber-Castell Loom M.

J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary Rouge Hematite in a no-name Chinese piston filler with Lamy Z50 F nib.

fpn_1523709067__diamine_047_matador_j_he

My two red inks.

Diamine Matador in Faber-Castell Loom M.

J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary Rouge Hematite in a no-name Chinese piston filler with Lamy Z50 F nib.

Rouge Hématite is my absolute "desert island" ink: it's a great shade of red (not too orange, not too, pink) and the sheen is exceptional. Since the sheen is so beautiful on its own, I have filtered out the sparklies. Much more elegant, now, in my opinion... ;)

Rouge Hématite is my absolute "desert island" ink: it's a great shade of red (not too orange, not too, pink) and the sheen is exceptional. Since the sheen is so beautiful on its own, I have filtered out the sparklies. Much more elegant, now, in my opinion... ;)

A moment of silence for all those gold flakes on the bottom of your and my bottle of Rouge Hematite. Gone and forgotten. -_-