Desk Pen permutations

Titivillus

Does anyone have a count of the total number of desk set permutations that Esterbrook made as well as the total number of colors of pen tails.

thanks,

Kurt H

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Titivillus

• Brian Anderson

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. :) To put to gether a complete set of esterbrook desk sets, includig dip-less would be quite a feat. Without having the time to jump into it right now, I'd venture to say the number is in the hundreds. I've been trying to collect JUST the black ones, and there are already a large number of them in my display cabinet.

As for the tapers, well there's solid black, clear, transparent red, solid red,(older) and solid white (dip-less). Anyone know of any others?

Best-

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. :) To put to gether a complete set of esterbrook desk sets, includig dip-less would be quite a feat. Without having the time to jump into it right now, I'd venture to say the number is in the hundreds. I've been trying to collect JUST the black ones, and there are already a large number of them in my display cabinet.

As for the tapers, well there's solid black, clear, transparent red, solid red,(older) and solid white (dip-less). Anyone know of any others?

Best-

Brian

OK then how about just the dipless. I have an interest in that type and leave the pure' holders' to others. ;)

Kurt H

And I think I have seen a green tail.

Ok, here goes my best attempt at the dip-less list. If anyone has any that I'm missing, please feel free to add to the list:

Earliest "Drum" style

401 Black

401-M Mahogany

401-W Walnut

401-G Green

402 Black with red top

403 Black with chain

411 Black with base

411-W Walnut with base

411-M Mahogany with with base

413 Black with chain and base

421 Black double

422 Black double - one well with red top

422-W Walnut double

Visible Glass wells

404 Black, similar to 407

407 Black

407-M Maroon

407-Q Grey

407-W Walnut

407-G Green

427 Black double

427-M Maroon double

427-Q Grey double

427-W Walnut double

427-G Green double

Elevator

431-B Black

431-M Maroon

431-Q Gray

431-G Green

Early round "Hocky Pucks" - Standard (444/445/484) models available in early and late styles

444B Black

444M Maroon

444Q Grey

444Y Clear (white)

444G Green

445B Black with chain

445M Maroon with chain

445Q Grey with chain

445Y Clear (white) with chain

445G Green with chain

484B Black double

484M Maroon double

484Q Gray double

484Y Clear (white) double

484G Green double

4430 single Onyx base

4480 Double Onyx base

4420 Single Carrara base

4820 Double Carrara base

4410 Single Permalite Green Base

4810 Double Permalite Green Base

Various other double configurations including leather bases, made in UK, made in Canada, etc.

447 Later all plastic Black

447 Later all plastic White

447 Early all plastic white UK

Probably other colors available for the later 447 models

There's probably a few others I'm forgetting at the moment. If I think of them, I'll add them to the list. The 447's and double 484 series have probably the most gaps. I think there was also a 487 (double 447) as well, but can't be 100% sure. So, that makes at least 70 or more variants JUST for dip-less sets. That's a LOT of ink! :D

Best-

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.