The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Wality 67 T The Heady Heavenly Swirls

wality airmail eye-dropper-demonstrator fountin-pen-india

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 anup

anup

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 15:44

It needs some experience to do get that smoothness. If your nib is more bad, then you have to use sandpaper.

Afterall, nibs & pens of different batches have different character.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Sponsored Content

#22 mrmohitmishra

mrmohitmishra

The curious enthusiast

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2014 - 16:19

☺☺☺

#23 mrmohitmishra

mrmohitmishra

The curious enthusiast

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2014 - 16:51

Anup ji, where do you buy inks?

#24 anup

anup

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 18:40

Anup ji, where do you buy inks?

FK, Pensavenue, ASA
Now a days my preferred inks are Pilot (for Blue & Black) - these are nearly waterproof. For any other variety / colour - Diamine.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

#25 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2018 - 13:04

I bought two 67T's one was Blue, the other golden-brown. It was a BOGOF offer.

The nib on the brown example had 'issues' I could tell by comparing the two on the surface of Rhodia paper. I used the card back of the same Rhodia pad, making figure '8' s.

I just happened to look at the nib under a lens and then noticed a crack in the section. not a scratch. It extends almost to the thread & it forks at the end.

I inked it with some Quink & i'll see if it is a leaky mess or not. I still have another one that is good, so I haven't lost anything.

I do prefer the fatter Wality, like the 69. A 69T with the spiral fluting inside the barrel would be dreamy.

anup: All those pictures you linked to the thread. Hosted on Flickr. They don't show up anymore.

I was wondering about the purpose of the thin tube inserted into the feed of the Wality 67.

It extends just over half the length of the barrel. It looks like something that belongs in a aerometric pen.

#26 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2018 - 17:27

Well, that one with the apparent crack. It ain't leaking, so it's got a similar colour ink in it KWZ Aztec Gold.

#27 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2019 - 20:20

My amber 67T has headed for the bin. The cracked section had finally started.

I swear there was also a leak from the aft end of the barrel too. I wondered why there was Herbin Tea Leaf (brown) on the web between thumb & finger.

The nib of this pen is known as a 'MB'. That's not Mont Blanc, surely? It looks weird

I have only found Kanwrite make a replacement nib, though it is the same 'Fine' tip. One of these pens deserves a Extra-Fine, if one is made.

A Pilot Tank 'F' nib will fit the Wality 58C. I wonder if the feed is the same diameter as that of the Wality 67T?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wality, airmail, eye-dropper-demonstrator, fountin-pen-india

Sponsored Content

|