Upcoming Changes To Fpn

wimg

I have two changes that I would like to suggest for FPN. First, to have an edits that are made in the first 1 - 3? minutes of the original post not show up as edit. That way any typos, misspellings, etc., that you catch after hitting the "post" button do not look like you have made edits long after the the originally posting. Second, it would be nice to have the option to delete a post 1 - x? minutes after posting. This would allow duplicate posts, posts posted in the wrong thread, etc., not to continue as forum debris forever.

Best,
David

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• RMN

• amberleadavis

• Betweenthelines

Thanks to Wim and our lovely Mods for such a beautiful forum!

Your hard work is deeply appreciated!

+1 !

I have two changes that I would like to suggest for FPN. First, to have an edits that are made in the first 1 - 3? minutes of the original post not show up as edit. That way any typos, misspellings, etc., that you catch after hitting the "post" button do not look like you have made edits long after the the originally posting. Second, it would be nice to have the option to delete a post 1 - x? minutes after posting. This would allow duplicate posts, posts posted in the wrong thread, etc., not to continue as forum debris forever.

Best,

David

Great ideas....if they're possible, technically......

Thank you all for your professionalism in developing and maintaining this site. I am proud to be a member.

+1 !

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Good grief! The ink forums are complicated to navigate. Far too many differentiated review sections. Must be impossible for new users.......

Verba volant, scripta manent

Best,

David

Unfortunately, none of the suggestions currently belong to the options, it is either all or nothing I am afraid. We chose for nothing considering some of the stuff that happened here in the past, and to prevent that from happening again.

If you post a message more than once, just report your own post, and a moderator will be happy to remove it for you.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I do admit that the scrolling amount does seem excessive to me, but I do understand the logic. From my perspective, it would be easier to navigate if the long description of each section was hidden or shortened until the user clicked on the section title. It would make getting to the lower sections easier. The section titles should be enough to guide the noobs about content. Just my two cents.

We shortened the titles a bit :).

Warm regards Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

And of course, thank you all for your kind and supportive words, much appreciated.

In case you haven't noticed yet, we caved, and added an India & Subcontinent forum :). It is small still, but since we have a very large contingent of Indian subscribers these days, we thought it would be worthwhile to give this a try after all.

Enjoy!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Unfortunately, none of the suggestions currently belong to the options, it is either all or nothing I am afraid. We chose for nothing considering some of the stuff that happened here in the past, and to prevent that from happening again.

If you post a message more than once, just report your own post, and a moderator will be happy to remove it for you.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Thank you for the reply. I am not familiar with IP Board; I thought they would be easy changes.

Happy New Year and best wishes for '15,

David

Hi David,

Thank you, and Happy New Year to you too! May 2015 be your best year yet!

As to IP.Board: although this is easy to switch on or off, as mentioned it is all or nothing in these cases.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

What is a feedback?

-William S. Park

EDIT: Happy New Year! :)

Edited by william2001

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

What is a feedback?

-William S. Park

EDIT: Happy New Year! :)

Feedback is when I leave message if I like or dislike what you do afterwards, so you, or others, can evaluate.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Feedback is when I leave message if I like or dislike what you do afterwards, so you, or others, can evaluate.

D.ick

Thanks.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

With appreciation for the amount of work you're putting into this...I used to be able to see the latest post in each of the forums without having to log in. Now I can't. Is this something I'm doing wrong, or a new policy/feature of the site?

You still can, actually, no changes in that department.

There are 2 things to check or do:

1. Are you logged in?

2a. If you are, and you still can't see new posts, try clearing browser cache, temp files, history and cookies, after signing off from FPN.

2b. If you aren't, please log in.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

You still can, actually, no changes in that department.

There are 2 things to check or do:

1. Are you logged in?

2a. If you are, and you still can't see new posts, try clearing browser cache, temp files, history and cookies, after signing off from FPN.

2b. If you aren't, please log in.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

He meant when you are NOT logged in.

Which can sometimes be handy if you want to have a look on a strange computer....

And I just checked, in visitor mode: no latest post...

D.ick

~

~

Ah, that: that was a fix required for search engines....

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

• 3 weeks later...

I do admit that the scrolling amount does seem excessive to me, but I do understand the logic. From my perspective, it would be easier to navigate if the long description of each section was hidden or shortened until the user clicked on the section title. It would make getting to the lower sections easier. The section titles should be enough to guide the noobs about content. Just my two cents.

Have a look at the new top-sidepanel.

There are quickjumps to all the major groups of forums, plus various functions.

Saves a lot of scrolling

D.ick

~

~

Those are GREAT!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 6 months later...

All the credit to you Wim for all your hard work and dedication in making the site the success story that it is