The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Upcoming Changes To Fpn

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#161 dornblaser

dornblaser

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2014 - 23:50

I have two changes that I would like to suggest for FPN.  First, to have an edits that are made in the first 1 - 3? minutes of the original post not show up as edit.  That way any typos, misspellings, etc., that you catch after hitting the "post" button do not look like you have made edits long after the the originally posting.  Second, it would be nice to have the option to delete a post 1 - x? minutes after posting.  This would allow duplicate posts, posts posted in the wrong thread, etc., not to continue as forum debris forever.  

Best,
David

Sponsored Content

#162 highlander1307

highlander1307

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2014 - 00:49

Thank you all for your professionalism in developing and maintaining this site.  I am proud to be a member.

#163 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:36

Thanks to Wim and our lovely Mods for such a beautiful forum!

Your hard work is deeply appreciated!

+1 !

I have two changes that I would like to suggest for FPN.  First, to have an edits that are made in the first 1 - 3? minutes of the original post not show up as edit.  That way any typos, misspellings, etc., that you catch after hitting the "post" button do not look like you have made edits long after the the originally posting.  Second, it would be nice to have the option to delete a post 1 - x? minutes after posting.  This would allow duplicate posts, posts posted in the wrong thread, etc., not to continue as forum debris forever.  

Best,
David

Great ideas....if they're possible, technically......

Thank you all for your professionalism in developing and maintaining this site.  I am proud to be a member.

+1 !

Digerati & FP Addict
Current Pens: Aurora, Pilot, Scriptorium, Tibaldi, Visconti, Wahl-Eversharp

#164 migo984

migo984

Bihemispherical Global Nomad

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:20

Good grief! The ink forums are complicated to navigate. Far too many differentiated review sections. Must be impossible for new users.......

Verba volant, scripta manent

#165 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:54

Love the new look and format! Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it happen  :)

Tamara

#166 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 00:08

Best,
David

Unfortunately, none of the suggestions currently belong to the options, it is either all or nothing I am afraid. We chose for nothing considering some of the stuff that happened here in the past, and to prevent that from happening again.

If you post a message more than once, just report your own post, and a moderator will be happy to remove it for you.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#167 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 00:09

I do admit that the scrolling amount does seem excessive to me, but I do understand the logic. From my perspective, it would be easier to navigate if the long description of each section was hidden or shortened until the user clicked on the section title. It would make getting to the lower sections easier. The section titles should be enough to guide the noobs about content. Just my two cents.

We shortened the titles a bit :).

Warm regards Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#168 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 00:12

And of course, thank you all for your kind and supportive words, much appreciated.

In case you haven't noticed yet, we caved, and added an India & Subcontinent forum :). It is small still, but since we have a very large contingent of Indian subscribers these days, we thought it would be worthwhile to give this a try after all.

Enjoy!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#169 dornblaser

dornblaser

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:34

Unfortunately, none of the suggestions currently belong to the options, it is either all or nothing I am afraid. We chose for nothing considering some of the stuff that happened here in the past, and to prevent that from happening again.

If you post a message more than once, just report your own post, and a moderator will be happy to remove it for you.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Thank you for the reply.  I am not familiar with IP Board; I thought they would be easy changes.

Happy New Year and best wishes for '15,

David

#170 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 13:00

Hi David,

Thank you, and Happy New Year to you too! May 2015 be your best year yet!

As to IP.Board: although this is easy to switch on or off, as mentioned it is all or nothing in these cases.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#171 william2001

william2001

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 18:18

What is a feedback?

-William S. Park

EDIT: Happy New Year!  :)

Edited by william2001, 01 January 2015 - 18:19.

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

#172 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 20:07

What is a feedback?

-William S. Park

EDIT: Happy New Year!  :)

Feedback is when I leave message if I like or dislike what you do afterwards, so you, or others, can evaluate.

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#173 william2001

william2001

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2015 - 23:41

Feedback is when I leave message if I like or dislike what you do afterwards, so you, or others, can evaluate.

D.ick

Thanks.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

#174 JeffB

JeffB

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 22:02

With appreciation for the amount of work you're putting into this...I used to be able to see the latest post in each of the forums without having to log in.  Now I can't.  Is this something I'm doing wrong, or a new policy/feature of the site?

#175 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2015 - 22:37

You still can, actually, no changes in that department.

There are 2 things to check or do:

1. Are you logged in?

2a. If you are, and you still can't see new posts, try clearing browser cache, temp files, history and cookies, after signing off from FPN.

2b. If you aren't, please log in.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#176 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• 13,291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2015 - 22:40

You still can, actually, no changes in that department.

There are 2 things to check or do:

1. Are you logged in?

2a. If you are, and you still can't see new posts, try clearing browser cache, temp files, history and cookies, after signing off from FPN.

2b. If you aren't, please log in.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

He meant when you are NOT logged in.

Which can sometimes be handy if you want to have a look on a strange computer....

And I just checked, in  visitor mode: no latest post...

D.ick

~

~

#177 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2015 - 22:48

Ah, that: that was a fix required for search engines....

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#178 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• 13,291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2015 - 13:54

I do admit that the scrolling amount does seem excessive to me, but I do understand the logic. From my perspective, it would be easier to navigate if the long description of each section was hidden or shortened until the user clicked on the section title. It would make getting to the lower sections easier. The section titles should be enough to guide the noobs about content. Just my two cents.

Have a look at the new top-sidepanel.

There are quickjumps to all the major groups of forums, plus various functions.

Saves a lot of scrolling

D.ick

~

~

#179 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2015 - 21:37

Those are GREAT!

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#180 luigilevin

luigilevin

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2015 - 14:07

All the credit to you Wim for all your hard work and dedication in making the site the success story that it is

Sponsored Content

|