Upcoming Changes To Fpn

wimg

Wim, thank you for making FPN possible and thank you for listening to the requests of users. These changes will continue to improve our community experience. Thanks again!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• RMN

• amberleadavis

• Betweenthelines

This is nice news!!

Thank you all for the hard work not only in maintaining the current site, but for all of the plans on the horizon!!

You are much appreciated!!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Thank you all for your kind words!

For those who have been watching, the first few small changes have been made :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thank you to all admin, moderators and supportive members for providing this forum. It is educational, informative and entertaining. My enjoyment of fountain pen use and collecting has been greatly enhanced by all of your efforts. Best wishes as the proposed changes are implemented. God bless you all.

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html

Oh sounds good! And a big cheers to all the admin and mods for your hard work ! :)

And as mentioned, the regional forums will be extended. First of all, as Conway Stuart no longer exists as a company, we decided to change the forum into a Great Britain brands forum, together, obviously, with all other British pen brands. We will add a few other regional forums as well, lightening the load on some of the other forums :).

A super minor and slightly anal point but this is probably best being called the British Isles rather than Great Britain so it includes Ireland too.

Oh sounds good! And a big cheers to all the admin and mods for your hard work ! :)

A super minor and slightly anal point but this is probably best being called the British Isles rather than Great Britain so it includes Ireland too.

Not wanting a whole discussion here at this point, but were there Irish penbrands? If so, do answer in the new, now operative forum

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

To the many, who have helped me in the past, I hope I have not alienated too many of you. Looks

like this digital chimpanzee is going to be dumped into the wilderness river again. For the many rescues

that will come in the coming months, thank you. (This time Old Griz isn't there to pull me into the boat.)

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Wim, thank you for making FPN possible and thank you for listening to the requests of users. These changes will continue to improve our community experience. Thanks again!

Thanks to all the admin team for all your hard work with these changes. Some make more sense short term than others, but ultimately this is about improving the experience for all. Good luck, big updates like this are always a challenge.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

To the many, who have helped me in the past, I hope I have not alienated too many of you. Looks

like this digital chimpanzee is going to be dumped into the wilderness river again. For the many rescues

that will come in the coming months, thank you. (This time Old Griz isn't there to pull me into the boat.)

Sasha, just make sure you stay in good health, and we'll see if we can get you a nice birdcage to tug you along....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Wim - will the servers be down like they were last year?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Not wanting a whole discussion here at this point, but were there Irish penbrands? If so, do answer in the new, now operative forum

D.ick

I know one (in) famous brand, MT :D.

Warm regards, Wim ;)

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Wim - will the servers be down like they were last year?

No, not at all.

The reason for making some of the changes to the forum layout and structure now is simply because of time constraints with the Chat room, and the fact that we finished with our great clean-up operation today :). For the Chat room we will need to go down for a few hours, very likely on Wednesday, although we will try for tomorrow if possible.

But certainly nothing like last year - we are not moving servers at all, and as you can see, we made the changes live and on the fly :). We did create the changes on our test site first after all, and here it was therefore mostly a copy and paste operation once we were happy with the new structure.

The chat room is a little more complex, because it requires the installation of some new software, and some additional configuration, including additions to the skins, but certainly no moving operation like last year. The software is already available on the server right now, that was copied here a few months ago already :). Just required some testing on the test server first, and some time available to do so, which really took most of the time :).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Thank you all again for your kind and encouraging words, it is much appreciated, by the entire team.

You haven't seen all yet, we still have a few surprises up our sleeves ;), but the main structure is now more or less laid out.

Enjoy!

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

It's looking pretty good (though my brain hurt trying to orient myself!) - the changes make a lot of sense.

Some quick feedback, if it's desired:

The regional focus section looks really cluttered with the paragraphs of description listing all the pen brands underneath each region. Also, don't know if additional headers of "- Asia" and "- Europe" are necessary.

Cheers and thanks for the updates!

I like the changes. This is a great board. I appreciate it's civility and how professionally it is run and moderated.

Thank you,

David