The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diamine 150 Anniversary Safari

diamine anniversary ink safar diamine safari green-brown ink diamine inks

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 15:35

Cameras, Land Rovers and guides at the ready - time for a Safari.. Ink! This image appears 'blown', the ink is not this bright in real life, more like the thicker title lettering.

fpn_1417274941__safari_sml.jpg

fpn_1417273110__all_inks_swatch_sml.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Sponsored Content

#2 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 15:41

THIS is REALLY cool. 

I need to try Safari. Hopefully sample from TAS is on the way to me :)

#3 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Inkfluencer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 15:44

I like this one, but I ended up not ordering it as I think it might be rather similar to Montblanc's Defoe and R&K's Alt-Goldgrün. Plus, those two don't get much use anyway.

#4 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 15:46

I like this one, but I ended up not ordering it as I think it might be rather similar to Montblanc's Defoe and R&K's Alt-Goldgrün. Plus, those two don't get much use anyway.

I have seen both of your colours in written samples, Safari is totally different, darker, richer definitely much more concentrated. I hope you get to try a little at some point. 

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#5 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 15:48

THIS is REALLY cool. 

I need to try Safari. Hopefully sample from TAS is on the way to me :)

Yes!!! One you DO like :bunny01: . I am pleased. I would love to hear your views after you have written with it. I found it lovely.

#6 mgepark

mgepark

mgepark

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 18:05

Is the Safari a dark saturated color for the most part? What would be a close comparison? A hearty thanks for the phenomenal reviews you've produced for the 8 new Diamine inks.

Edited by mgepark, 29 November 2014 - 18:10.

#7 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 21:56

Is the Safari a dark saturated color for the most part? What would be a close comparison? A hearty thanks for the phenomenal reviews you've produced for the 8 new Diamine inks.

You are welcome. Safari is mid-saturated, neither too dark nor too light. Think swampy colours, deep green-brown. My only comparative experience has been the two I have included in the main review above.

#8 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:48

My other joint favourite! A real classic and such wonderful water resistance. A different ink from Salamander altogether but what a great pair they make.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

#9 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,046 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:49

This begs to be compared to the MB Defoe and the Kingdom's Note Cicada.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#10 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2014 - 16:15

My other joint favourite! A real classic and such wonderful water resistance. A different ink from Salamander altogether but what a great pair they make.

An excellent pair and so unique.

#11 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2014 - 16:16

This begs to be compared to the MB Defoe and the Kingdom's Note Cicada.

Oh I love the names of the comparatives! I don't have either, but CRV end route to you.

#12 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,046 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2014 - 19:31

I'll ink up!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#13 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2014 - 20:12

I'll ink up!

Excellent. I am loving the new avatar - almost the colours of the new inks! Yipee.

#14 Floreat

Floreat

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:41

I found Safari to be almost identical to Alt-Goldgrun in the particular pens I used (a medium-nibbed Lamy Al-Star for the Alt-Goldgrun, and a glass dip pen to test the Safari) except that Alt-Goldgrun has the amazing shading that I love so much, so I prefer that one. YMMV, of course. I'm going to try the Safari ink out with other pens and papers to see what happens, but I'm sad that they appeared so similar at first :( It is still a very lovely colour and would be a great addition to any collection that doesn't already have Alt-Goldgrun.
UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

#15 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 18:58

I found Safari to be almost identical to Alt-Goldgrun in the particular pens I used (a medium-nibbed Lamy Al-Star for the Alt-Goldgrun, and a glass dip pen to test the Safari) except that Alt-Goldgrun has the amazing shading that I love so much, so I prefer that one. YMMV, of course. I'm going to try the Safari ink out with other pens and papers to see what happens, but I'm sad that they appeared so similar at first :( It is still a very lovely colour and would be a great addition to any collection that doesn't already have Alt-Goldgrun.

Please feel free to post a comparison here, I would be interested to see it and hear about how it behaves in your other pens. I don't have any exp with Alt-Goldgrun.

#16 Floreat

Floreat

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2014 - 21:57

I'm afraid that I don't have a working scanner at present, but I'll do my best to persuade a friend to scan a sheet of examples for me so I can demonstrate what I mean. Alt-Goldgrun is one of my very favourite inks, both due to the colour and its beautiful shading :) I do love how the 1864 collection fits together into the cute circle too though. I'd have bought more of them if I didn't have any other inks that seemed so similar!
UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

#17 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• 1,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2014 - 18:44

I'm afraid that I don't have a working scanner at present, but I'll do my best to persuade a friend to scan a sheet of examples for me so I can demonstrate what I mean. Alt-Goldgrun is one of my very favourite inks, both due to the colour and its beautiful shading :) I do love how the 1864 collection fits together into the cute circle too though. I'd have bought more of them if I didn't have any other inks that seemed so similar!

I shall look forward to the scan from sunny East London! Is it still as mad as ever? I do love inks that shade nicely! Yes, the bottles are glorious individually and as a collective. Just too, too tempting to buy individually.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine anniversary ink safar, diamine safari, green-brown ink, diamine inks

Sponsored Content

|