The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine 150 Anniversary 1864 Blue-Black

1864 blue-black diamine 1864 blue-black diamine inks

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Scribble Monboddo

Scribble Monboddo

Not-so-serious nibbage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2015 - 21:35

That really is rather lovely!

Sponsored Content

#22 bemon

bemon

Brent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2016 - 00:35

Same here- I'm picking up grey and maybe a little green at times. But maybe that's just my Waterman Mystery Blue related PTSD talking.

I thought I was going to love this one, but I just didn't. It's not really a blue black. It's a stealth black. Ninety percent of the time, it just looks black. It has to be great lighting to see the blue.

#23 mmg122

mmg122

Mary Garavaglia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:45

Thanks so much for this review. I just ordered a bottle based on your comments. I look forward to trying it out. I've been looking for a dark blue black and this seems to fill the bill.

Mary

#24 bemon

bemon

Brent

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 00:39

I thought I was going to love this one, but I just didn't. It's not really a blue black. It's a stealth black. Ninety percent of the time, it just looks black. It has to be great lighting to see the blue.

Yup, I tried to use this as an alternative to plain black. I thought it would still be dark enough for sign-offs, but still add a little colour. It just looks like a dirty black though.

#25 IndigoBOB

IndigoBOB

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:46

Looks like a black with character.  I'm going to have to try this in a sample.

I loved Diamine eclipse because the purple added a beautiful softness to the dark color that was practically black. 

#26 IndigoBOB

IndigoBOB

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:28

How do you guys like this ink on Tomoe River Paper (52 g)?  Is it too dark for it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1864 blue-black, diamine 1864 blue-black, diamine inks

Sponsored Content

|