The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Your Thoughts On And Experience With The Franklin Christophe Model 33 (Abditus)

franklin christoph abditus 33 width size

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fphilipp

fphilipp

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:03

I am really attracted to http://www.franklin-...33-abditus.html. I keep postponing buying one because of (the cost and) my concern with it that the pen itself may be a bit thin. As I cannot try and hold one in real life, I would appreciate thoughts and experiences from Model 33 owners. I own different pens and particularly like my Pilot VP's, Pelikan m205, Lamy 2000 and TWSBI 540, just to give you an idea of the diverse type and sizes that I like. Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 plumista

plumista

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:32

I do have a 33 Abditus.

In brief: impossible to go wrong with it. Amazing quality, perfect construction details, carefully finished, terrific customer service. Original and sturdy, an everyday writer, and at the same time a sure eye catcher.

Mine has a Masuyama true italic nib, 18K, which I consider one of the best and real italic nib I have ever tried. I do recommed you to study carefully all the nib options. I would also consider to order at the same time one F-C leather pouch: the pen fits the pouch just perfect.

Hope this helps,

plumista

Edited by plumista, 28 November 2014 - 13:34.

#3 fphilipp

fphilipp

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:50

Plumista, thanks! I am almost convinced... Could you compare its diameter to that of some of the pens I have mentioned or any other?

#4 plumista

plumista

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:51

Better than that: I have here at hand my precision caliper, according to which the inner section measures exactly 13.0mm. I mean the INNER section, that is, where you in fact hold the pen when writing; not the outer "looooong cap" diameter.  For me, this is a comfortable width; moreover, due to the loooooong section, you can most easily find the right holding spot and angle.

Hope that helps,

plumista

#5 fphilipp

fphilipp

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 17:32

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: franklin, christoph, abditus, 33, width, size

Sponsored Content

|