The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Baoer 574 A Little Touch Of Class?

baoer boaer fountain pen review baoer 574 baoer 574 review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 orac

orac

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 19:37

Hand on heart I was not sure about the Baoer 574 from the start. I’ve always felt that the gloss black plastic end piece on the cap just made the pen ungainly, less pleasing to the eye than many fountain pens on the market. That aside this is a really good pen.

B574BKL1-300x200.jpg

Missus the plastic end piece the high chrome finished cap extrudes an air of class. The cartouche is a nice touch allowing personalisation on the pen.

Coming in at 31 grams (with cap) the pen actually feels heavier than it is. The cap is the slip on variety with a nice satisfying ‘Click’ when located. Is at this point we find the 574 biggest problem, if you like your pens posted forget it!… You can not post this pen not matter how hard you push home the cap it just slides back off. For me this isn’t a big problem, the pen is a good length, un-posted, so fits easily into my hand and liking a lighter pen, negates any weight issue.

B574BKSML-300x200.jpg

An attractive looking pen, once you get past the plastic end piece, with a black steel body with a chrome finished grip section which is a little small at 14mm. International standard converter or cartridge and a far better that average steel medium nib all adds up to an around well made pen.

B574BKL2-300x200.jpg

The performance of the Baoer 574 was way above what I expected. A nice smooth flow perhaps a little wetter than I would like, a touch of feedback but by no means scratchy in any way. The surprise for me was just how much line variation was gained from a steel nib. For the price this is a very, very good pen….Just a pity about that plastic end piece.

b574-225x300.png

Weight 31 grams capped, length 138mm capped, & 115mm uncapped.

http://www.fountain-pens.co.uk/
http://www.fountain-pens.co.uk/baoer/
http://www.fountain-..._574_black.html

Sponsored Content

#2 Zookie

Zookie

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2014 - 20:50

That is a very nice pen. I'm partial to Hero pens myself, but I have several Baoer 801s that I use often. Those are my favorite daily users.

#3 Manalto

Manalto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 15:20

Thank you for a helpful review. I'm wondering about the tooth on the tip; did it have a break-in period? Also curious about your opinion of the plastic end piece.

James

#4 thepiman

thepiman

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2014 - 00:21

Does Baoer make a large pen, equivalent in size to the pelikan M1000? I love the M1000 but I just can't afford it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baoer, boaer fountain pen review, baoer 574, baoer 574 review

Sponsored Content

|