The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Us Navy Marked Desk Pen?

dip-less desk pen esterbrook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jdllizard

jdllizard

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:33

I've seen a US Government marked Esterbrook desk pen, and I've heard of a US Navy marked Esterbrook desk pen, but I've never seen one.

I have a US Navy Dip-Less desk set and would love to add a US Navy pen to complete the set. Do these ever show up anywhere and what could I expect to pay for one if I could find one?

I believe most were not marked but I would love to find one that is.
Any help is appreciated.
John L

Sponsored Content

#2 PaFitch

PaFitch

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:40

I have a 444 dip-less with "Navy" marked on the base and I have seen ebay sales of Navy marked items for other pen brands but never a "Navy" desk pen.

#3 jdllizard

jdllizard

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:11

This old thread from 2011 is what makes me think US Navy marked Esties are out there. But I'd even settle for a US Government marked pen, I've actually seen those just not often.

http://www.fountainp...onderfully-pen/
John L

#4 jdllizard

jdllizard

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:14

From member Inka:
"I guess it was Esterbrooks attempt at making their first cheap, semi-disposable desk pens for the U. S Government [? I'm shooting in the dark there?], as the ones i have that are marked U. S. Navy are all of much higher quality plastics and much better made overall."
John L

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dip-less, desk pen, esterbrook

Sponsored Content

|