Rhodia Weekly Planner Review

Do you know any agenda with a back pocket? I will include this in my next year research ;)

I don't, unfortunately. This is my 5th year in a row with this planner and I have not looked at anything else because I love the layout and grid paper in it. Maybe next year it will be time for me to see if there is anything out there that will meet my needs. 2012 was the first year they put the pocket in the back, a stiffer cover, and a ribbon in the planner. I got spoiled by those features for the last few years.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• e17

• pen2paper

• Cryptos

• paulmcmanus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I begin to think that I'm going to write an email to Rhodia / QV to ask about these features (back pocket and ribbon - even if the ribbon is not (really) an issue for me as I have these little half circles to shred, but... now you've pointed the ribbon, I NEED one ;)), and question, too, the need of these silly charts.

I don't know what could come out of this, but I'll let you know.

I am a little surprised by some of the comments here.

Does a small handful of extra sheets of information (measures, world times etc) really detract from the experience of using the Planner?

The absence of a ribbon and a back pocket can be rectified by a little Do-It-Yourself. Midori Traveler users (like me) have been doing that for ages, rather than buying the pre-made products.

It is rare these days that something is produced that is perfect to everyone in every way. And in the absence of that perfect product we have to decide which compromises we wish to live with.

Anyway, I say this just to offer an alternative perspective and to encourage people not to dismiss products just because they do not cleave to a personal ideal. The Rhodia Planner is a good one too.

The reason to invest in an organizing planner is, for some at least, to aid in ones style of personal organization... for an entire year in this case. Notes jotted on a dot pad plus cellphone calender notes have not worked well for me this past year. Nor did the small $7 planner which was abandoned, and a therefore a waste. I've been searching for a Rhodia-type weekly planner since last summer with zero results, and then patiently waiting for the Rhodia planner to arrive in December per salespersons statement x's 2. Not available online anywhere I looked, with another "we're no longer carrying that" email arriving yesterday evening.

The scheduling structure I feel I need at this time is certainly not for everyone. I'm rather feeling like I passed some sort of an endurance test actually finding Any weekly-based planner in a usable size, that's also ink friendly. That I get to Use my fountain pens in a manner of my choice this year = win/win.

I'm in a perpetual quest for the perfect object I need (want) to buy. This is done after achieving a loooooot of researches on forum, sites, reviews, and so on. It's time consuming, and often my wife doesn't understand why I'm spending so much time on the internet for : a watch, a FP, a DE razor, shave cream (or soap ;)), another fountain pen ( :yikes:), a cell phone, a planner, etc.

But when I've found THE object, the perfect one, the one I'll be proud, happy, able to talk about... the quest is over.

Until next time :wacko:

The pleasure of the hunt/find is after having examined all the possibilities, the pros and cons, do a choice and be happy with it.

The quest of my planner is over for 2015, because I was looking for a FP friendly planner with a grid, a week one a page, and an elastic.

This said, reading comments made me think about the ribbon, for example. Instead having a paper clip to mark a special page of my planner, a ribbon could be great. I admit that I'll promptly look for more than one single ribbon, as at least 3 should suit my needs. This is truly a dream, I know. But, how could I hack my Rhodia to add a ribbon was my next thought...

The remark about these "silly pages" , I mean, I always wondered why QV is keeping this "relic" from the past, when internet was nonexistent, and where this kind of information, charts, etc was a "plaisir coupable" (guilty pleasure?) as a kid in school. When I was bored, or needed to get away, I was looking at these maps (more than really studying them), reading charts and dreaming about some info there. And these "relics" are not presented as "relics" (with a nice antic design, for example), but as truly and daily valuable info.

To me, these pages are more for kids than for adults. And I feel a bit sour, or sad to have these pages in my agenda and never consult them. I think this is the point. I never consult these pages.

So, I don't think we are dismissing a product. At least, I don't. As for as I'm concerned, these posts are truly interesting and instructive, and show how different we are when we need, basically, just a way to get organized.

And these Midori Traveler's Notebooks... :puddle: ;)